543 replies to this topic

#401 Crashking

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationIn Game

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:24 AM

View PostDevilCrayon, on 04 September 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

The 3PV one seems to count the automatic switch to 1PV when you back into a wall as switching to 1PV and disqualifies the match(es).

Correct Devil Crayon.. and if you start in a dropship updated map .. you are already in 1PV and thus screwed for that map so might as well just go back into 1PV..

#402 B00B

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:32 AM

3PV makes me a headdache. i wanted to play a bit and started the challenge but i quit after one round because this is ********....

#403 Avian Blackfrost

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 24 posts
  • LocationZootopia, Zootopia Police Dept

Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:02 AM

View PostCrashking, on 05 September 2016 - 12:24 AM, said:

Correct Devil Crayon.. and if you start in a dropship updated map .. you are already in 1PV and thus screwed for that map so might as well just go back into 1PV..

This is probably the reason why half of my games were not considered....

#404 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 01:58 AM

View PostJudy Hopps, on 05 September 2016 - 01:02 AM, said:

This is probably the reason why half of my games were not considered....

Wasnt that a joke? First i thought people cant be that stupid but now thinking of it, its PGI. I still dont have any game counted for that self flagellating silly 3PV special mode, would have been a reason to play more at the weekend, but now it doesnt matter anymore. Good thing that BF1 Beta is out.

#405 Eagle01

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:30 AM

The no, not cool is really not cool. It's not registering any of the matches where I overheated with override on, more than once in a match actually, and survived.

#406 ElKatazTrofiko

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationFar away

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:32 AM

It's Labor Day. If I play this game sometime today, I will not be tracking these incredibly specific/OCD items for this... I will be reaping the GXP and maybe consider MC-purchasing a mastery pack. This whole challenge event feels pretty spergy.

#407 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:47 AM

I am gonna go totally off-topic on this but I gotta share this with you :)

I haven't played a second of this event so far 'cause I hadn't had the opportunity

but....

I just watched the first episode of Stranger Things :)

PGI, as always thanx for the event and especially the cover art ;)

#408 Kotzi

• 1,356 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 02:55 AM

View Postpacifica812, on 05 September 2016 - 02:47 AM, said:

I am gonna go totally off-topic on this but I gotta share this with you Posted Image

I haven't played a second of this event so far 'cause I hadn't had the opportunity

but....

I just watched the first episode of Stranger Things Posted Image

PGI, as always thanx for the event and especially the cover art Posted Image

Thats the quintessence of this event. Incentivize people to do something else.

#409 SVTmk

• 1,875 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:06 AM

Now I know how to get Capture Assist!
YOU MUST WIN CONQUEST OR ASSAULT BY CAP SCORE AND HELP CAP AT LEAST 1 AREA!

PGI! Why this info not presented nowhere?
Why you give challenges to people but there is nothing info how to get it?

Edited by SVTmk, 05 September 2016 - 05:07 AM.

#410 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:17 AM

Well, I think it's time for some feedback. I'll try to be as civil and constructive as I can :)

"The Flea" AKA 3PV challenge: I think enough has been said about it already. I'll just add that there is a line between being original and being crazy, and PGI stepped way over that line with this challenge.

"He's dead": Earned naturally through normal gameplay. Nothing special, and no real effort involved.

"That's cool, right?": That's a challenge, right? Just equip Coolshot 6 in one of your consumable slots, and gulp it at the beginning of the match. Repeat 11 times, and your're done.

"No, not cool.": Quite easy to achieve, too. I did it with my dual peeps Shadowcat which is naturally prone to overheating, but has good survivability due to being an ECM medium. Just overheat once, hit override, disable override once your mech restarts, and keep playing normally.

"She's just drained.": Very easy to cheese. I just dropped a heatsink from my 3xcLPL Hellbringer, put one cSRM2 + 0.5 tons of ammo in its place, made sure I depleted it at the beginning of the match by shooting at the ground, and continued playing normally after that.

"Dustin Farted.": Seems like a regular cumulative challenge, but something's weird about the way it registers in-game time. It definitely took me much more than 10 hours of playing to get this achievement, was probably closer to 20.

"I'm the Monster", "Monster Hunting", "Like a Ninja" - I skipped those since I don't normally use narcs, tags or play lurm boats.

"Sensory Deprivation": Can be done with UAVs, if you don't have an ECM mech or don't feel like playing one. A bit tedious, but there are usually enough enemy ECM mechs running around to counter.

"Hawkins Energy": Very easy to achieve if you are also carrying advanced seismic. Once you see a red dot on your seismic, just deploy a UAV and your're done. For those who regularly use UAVs in the course of normal gameplay, this isn't even a challenge.

"Keeping the Curiosity door closed": This one's a bit tricky, because you have to rely on the enemy to deploy a UAV first, and then you have to kill it before your teammates do. Too situational for my liking.

"We're just friends": Another easy challenge. Just pick a buddy from your lance, stick with them, and make sure you engage the enemy at the same time they do. Can feel a bit restrictive for those players who like operating on their own (like ECM snipers), but there's nothing wrong with encouraging closer teamwork.

"Friends don't lie", "You're my best friend, too": Earned naturally when playing mediums and lights. Nothing too special here.

"Castle Byers": Not really challenging per se, but very frustrating, and a huge pain in the behind. With people generally hating conquest and voting against it, and with assault games rarely being won by capping, you have to get literally everything working in your favor... and then repeat it 11 times. Way too situational, and almost totally out of the player's hands.

"She flipped the van": Not too difficult, since you only have to do it 3 times. Still, requires some minimal skill and commitment.

"You promised", "R U N": I never paid much attention to these ones, until I realized that I've completed them. I guess it's another pair of objectives that are achieved naturally in the course of gameplay.

"The bad man's gone.": Reasonable. KMDDs have been a part of most challenges for a while now, and for good reason, as they represent the player's skill better than simple kills.

"I found the chocolate pudding!": Very challenging. I think this should be a top-tier challenge with a really good prize, like a mech or at least a mechbay. Would have been much easier to do in FP, because you have 4 waves of mechs... If only FP wasn't so broken at this time. Our unit could barely get a few drops in over the weekend, because we constantly kept running into that dreaded "Can't find match" bug (or whatever the exact wording is). I hope PGI fixes it before the next FP event.

"Keep it locked down.": No idea how to get this one, and I won't even bother trying. I think it has been commented on in this thread already.

#411 Joshenstein

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 35 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:22 AM

None of my "No, not cool's" are registering either.

#412 April Showers

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:22 AM

Spend 10 Hours of Playtime in this Event just to get a reward ? ARE YOU KIDDING ME ?

If you need to fill up the queues, find a better idea. That one is just ball-busting bland.
If you get every other goal in say 2.5 hours, why spend 10 in here ? i could be off farming the event on another account ?! Or doing something else, like walking the dog. That kind of goal is a major turnoff.

a lot of these goals are in fact very weird goal spam. round about half of them are nothing new players are going to get. and some order outright suicides or weird player behaviour -
sorry, if you want me to play 10 hours, get the goals right to NOT feature stupid playstyle messups. or fix some of the major issues. like more maps or finally a 20 ton clan light that can actually chase them bugger locusts. thanks.

#413 Jorel Alesa

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:51 AM

View PostMinimumContacts, on 02 September 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

+1

+2

#414 Eva Unit 5150

Rookie

• The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:54 AM

Did your silly third person challenge and got three killing blows (two solo) in one round of 3PV (plus survived and won). It was one of my best rounds of MWO recently and I fully expected to get my three days of premium time, but... no.

488419438946459754 480 3 0 749 3 2 0 2016-09-04 22:45:07

#415 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:00 AM

View PostAramoro999, on 02 September 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

Have a total Match Time of 10 hours throughout the course of the event.

This...may be a bit too hard...

Edit: just thinking

An average match time of 10 min...so about 60 matches...and than there is fw

and during an earlier event i did about 45 cw matches, so it is definitely doable.

There should be an achievement for waiting in a queue for 10 hours.

#416 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:12 AM

View PostSVTmk, on 05 September 2016 - 05:06 AM, said:

Now I know how to get Capture Assist!
YOU MUST WIN CONQUEST OR ASSAULT BY CAP SCORE AND HELP CAP AT LEAST 1 AREA!

PGI! Why this info not presented nowhere?
Why you give challenges to people but there is nothing info how to get it?

good to know i was thinking it was broken.

#417 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:14 AM

Has anyone noted matches where a mech goes down that has been TAGed or NARCed and a TAG/NARC Kill is not awarded?

#418 Digous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 117 posts
  • LocationThrough the deepest void, a blackened paradise i walk alone.

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:27 AM

I've been complaining about a lot of things.

I've complained on polar highlands's existence, about how they ruined frozen city, about dire wolf hit box and clan mechs tertiary colors.

But credit must be given when credit is due.

PGI have been filling us with nice events with nice and assorted rewards, and that just makes the game more worth of playing!

So, thanks PGI for that!

#419 SVTmk

• 1,875 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:38 AM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 05 September 2016 - 06:14 AM, said:

Has anyone noted matches where a mech goes down that has been TAGed or NARCed and a TAG/NARC Kill is not awarded?

Target MUST be killed by LRM or SSRM hit when it is tagged/narced. Only in this case you will be awarded with Tag/Narc Kill.

#420 Jorel Alesa

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostCrashking, on 05 September 2016 - 12:24 AM, said:

I found using zoom in or out disqualified this award.

57 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 57 guests, 0 anonymous users