(E.d. Pts3 Old)Clan Erppcs Tests And Data!

46 replies to this topic

#41 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostCyrilis, on 09 September 2016 - 01:15 AM, said:

from my personal point of view I strongly recommend to keep hands OFF damage and mechanic (splash damage) values for ALL PTS and LIVE servers. The weapon balance is good atm (for me at least) and if PGI wants to get good feedback on Power Draw, they should seriously not change various values...
Same applies for gauss !

the thing is weapon balance isnt good, some weapons are clearly better than others,
AC2s and SRM2s are never used, and do need their stats changed to make them viable,

Edit-
the PTS shows us how good things could be,
changing things in quick edits to make things viable,

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 10 September 2016 - 03:57 PM.

#42 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:55 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 03 September 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

They already broke stock nova, direwhale, hbk 2c, hbk4p, kgc and quite a few more.

Time to break warhawk, we cant have battletech designs in battletech game.

15 dmg for 6 tons+ all dhs you can fit.

But hell for 6 tons you can put 12 ersl, which will result in 60 dmg 1/4th the range and half the cooldown and 36 heat.
or 48dmg worth of srm6.
or 30 dmg worth of lrm5
or hell 11 dmg worth of lpl at lower cooldown and heat.

Heavy weapons are really dmg/ton inefficient and every ton you save on energy weapon will be spent on dhs...
Even with tt overpowered dhs, you would need 8 dhs to cool down 1 erppc, bringing it to 14 tons, in mwo its even more.

None of the stock builds are broken. You just cannot fire all your weapons at once over and over which is exactly how BT/MW is supposed to be. Just because a Mech can carry a $**** ton of guns does not mean that it is a good idea to be able to fire every one of them with one button. You can still do it if you really want to but then you will have to stand there in the open shut down for a few seconds before you can get back in to cover.

If anything, the builds are currently broken by being able to Alpha strike multiple times. That is the whole point of GH which failed to correct it and ED which is being developed to correct it. The problem is that some people like to play Alpha Warrior Online more than MechWarrior.

#43 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:34 AM

View PostRampage, on 11 September 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

None of the stock builds are broken. You just cannot fire all your weapons at once over and over which is exactly how BT/MW is supposed to be. Just because a Mech can carry a $**** ton of guns does not mean that it is a good idea to be able to fire every one of them with one button. You can still do it if you really want to but then you will have to stand there in the open shut down for a few seconds before you can get back in to cover.

If anything, the builds are currently broken by being able to Alpha strike multiple times. That is the whole point of GH which failed to correct it and ED which is being developed to correct it. The problem is that some people like to play Alpha Warrior Online more than MechWarrior.

I like to play mixed-build DoT and burst-warrior. Otherwise known as Battletech or Mechwarrior. ED breaks that too.

#44 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:36 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 11 September 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

I like to play mixed-build DoT and burst-warrior. Otherwise known as Battletech or Mechwarrior. ED breaks that too.

how so? not being argumentative, just curious of your thoughts, help me see how you see things, ;)

#45 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:40 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 11 September 2016 - 11:34 AM, said:

I have yet to find a build under ED that I cannot set up 2-3 weapon groups and make effective. Alpha does not mean just energy. It means all weapon types. I have tried UACs, Gauss, SRM, laser and erPPC and they all worked. I could even Alpha with most of them once and then had to switch to using weapon groups. Please give me an example of a mixed build that is no longer playable.

#46 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:21 AM

View PostRampage, on 11 September 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

Please give me an example of a mixed build that is no longer playable.

Playable and viable are not the same thing. I certainly can PLAY my lineup of mixed mechs. But they're nowhere near viable in the face of the even stronger metas under ED. I have one Atlas build that's performing almost as well as on live. The rest are rubbish. Especially on the clan side. With no real alternatives to UACs, anything with one thrown on along with other weapons becomes a liability.

#47 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 10:10 AM

View PostRampage, on 11 September 2016 - 10:55 AM, said:

Oh ok, 6 erml cant be fired without penatly, nova fires single arm and alpha when needed.
Suicide dual uac20 salvo cant be fired without ridiculous penatlies, btw its function of this mech, jump in unload 80 dmg from 2 uac20, hope to kill, if not jump away or die.
Direwhale got 4 groups, 4erll, 4erml, 2 uac5, lrm10 and fires either erll or erml depending on range and adds uac5 and lrm10 whenever possible.
Hbk4p is laservomit mech which fires 8 mlas alpha and drops arm lasers every 4 turns to cool down.
And kgc should again fire ac20 salvos as long as ammo allows for it, switching to lrm and llas on long range.

This is how these mechs play.

Edited by davoodoo, 12 September 2016 - 10:26 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users