23 replies to this topic

#1 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:33 AM

It didn't take me too long to notice that there were a lot of people named Kerensky playing this game. I thought man, either the Russians love their mechs or someone has a crap ton of alts.

It took a long time to figure out that the Kerenskys own most of the shopping malls in the inner sphere as well as most of the golf courses based on the Mechbavagita and the Epic of Mechgamesh.

Then, things start getting nutty. Every username on this board is some obscure reference to these seminal tales of daring do.

There's some Duncan guy associated with solaris, and one clan that worships the great mechfather, Koniving.

So, without telling me every single name in the lore, can you please tell me who the Kerenskys actually are and maybe the other top 5 most commonly referred to indivduals/families that users choose to name themselves after?

#2 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:41 AM

Kerensky was a freebirth!!!

#3 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:50 AM

Frodo lives!

#4 JaidenHaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 September 2016 - 07:56 AM

Aleksandr Kerensky was the name of the most important general of the Star League Defense Force, a multinational coalition from around 2700 in the Lore (we are at 3045 now).

After a big cataclysmic event (Ursupation of the Star League Throne by Stefan Amaris) and a couple dozens of years fighing for the Inner Sphere, the League was in shambles. Kerensky then led a major part of the Star League military (SLDF) into an exile, they became the Clans. The founder was Nicolas Kerensky was the son of Aleksandr Kerensky.

Read here for more: http://www.sarna.net...ksandr_Kerensky

Most important names:

Original:
Aleksandr
Nicolas
Andrej

Clan Warrior:
Natasha
Ulrich

#5 Dan Baxter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:05 AM

Aleksandr Kerensky was the highest ranked general in the Star League Defense Force and ended up leading the forces opposing Stefan Amaris after Amaris usurped the throne. Though Aleksandr's forces emerged victorious, The Great Houses (Davion, Steiner, Liao, Kurita, and Marik) starting arguing who should rule the Star League (since the original dynasty that did so was completely wiped out by Stefan Amaris). To avoid getting the SLDF involved in the wars to follow, Aleksandr enacted Operation Exodus and left the Inner Sphere with 80% of what was at the time the largest and most technologically advanced armed forces mobilized by humanity.

Aleksandr's two sons, Nicholas Kerensky and Andery Kerensky, would go on to found the Clans from the surviving remnants of the SLDF forces that followed their father into exile.

Duncan Fisher is an announcer on Solaris VII, who was introduced as a character in Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries. If you look up the name on youtube, you'll be able to find some bloopers from voice work.

What were some of the other names you were interested in knowing more about?

#6 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:07 AM

but still a bloody freebirth Posted Image

#7 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:17 AM

Who's Dan Baxter?

Was he a freebirth?

#8 Dan Baxter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:20 AM

View PostHunka Junk, on 04 September 2016 - 08:17 AM, said:

Who's Dan Baxter?

Was he a freebirth?

Eh, I just came up with my pilot name because it sounded cool. It isn't connected to Battletech lore.

#9 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:45 AM

Awwww...

OK then, who is the Kerensky of the Inner Sphere after the Kerenskys leave?

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:43 AM

Duncan fisher was an announcer made up for the Solaris Arena in Mechwarrior 4 who became an actual character (or could be the other way around). George Ledoux is the actor who played him, who got into Battletech much later and evidently really enjoys everything Battletech/Mechwarrior related after the fact, often working with any Battletech related material pretty eagerly, including various acting roles in Battletech songs such as "Be Cool" and this Alexandr Kerensky message in lore that would not reach the IS for a few hundred years after the Clan Invasion as to the real reason he pulled the SLDF away from the Inner Sphere.

George Ledoux as the Highlander (and I'm assuming the Shadowhawk) in "Cool."

Duncan Fisher in Solaris (within Mechwarrior 4)

Duncan Fisher bloopers

Duncan Fisher Minute...

The voice of Kerensky as read/acted by George Ledoux

Though Alexsandr Kerensky is the man who pulled that the Inner Sphere's largest military force out of the IS and sent them deep into the stars beyond the Periphery... however it is his son Nicholas Kerensky that spawned the "Clans" that would be bred and engineered out of the elite of the elite.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:48 AM

View PostHunka Junk, on 04 September 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:

Awwww...

OK then, who is the Kerensky of the Inner Sphere after the Kerenskys leave?

Descendants and other relatives.

Some are real, some are fanfictions or "fanmade". I don't pay as much attention to the little people to be honest. Only reason I know about the ones I do know about (such as Danielle...Paterson was it? of Pretty Baby fame) is because they have tales associated with their mechs.

Andrej doesn't exist, least not according to Sarna.

http://www.sarna.net...Andery_Kerensky
Andery is evidently the younger brother of Nicholas and a Clan Wolf Instructor.

Edited by Koniving, 04 September 2016 - 09:52 AM.

#12 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:51 AM

Hey Koniving, I sent you a PM, check your inbox

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:57 AM

View PostCount Zero 74, on 04 September 2016 - 09:51 AM, said:

Hey Koniving, I sent you a PM, check your inbox

Did get it. Posted Image Thank you. Course now I gotta hook up with my former Chinese-English student and friend to get that really good translator that does English in a Chinese accent. So perfect for a Liao computer.

Experimented computer voice splicing; though this was video editing.
Side note: Computer voices and other excerpts from MW2, 3, 4, and MWO closed beta (pre-release "betty").
2:55 for MW3
4:07 MWO Pre-release Betty and MWO Commander Command Voice (never released)
6:07 MW4 voices -- specifically just a few of them but I thought it was really interesting because there were several voices. Some kinda hot.

Edited by Koniving, 04 September 2016 - 10:02 AM.

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:10 AM

A short-story read for us about the Solaris Arena.

Edited by Koniving, 04 September 2016 - 10:10 AM.

#15 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:34 AM

I've used LikeUntoGod since the 90's. You used to be able to google me, lol. It is simply a meaning of my name....Michael

I like when people take an interesting Lore name. Look at Pat Kell who I've ben able to run a few times with playing FW. Kell's Commandos are one of the top units in the game IMO. He is also a cool guy.

Unlike that backstabbing Heavy Cavalry. I only play this game for a chance to kill him......(OK, I'm semi just kidding..lol)

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 04 September 2016 - 10:38 AM.

#16 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:51 AM

So Pat Kell is actually a name from lore?

#17 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 05 September 2016 - 04:41 AM

Yes, if I remember corectly Patrick Kell alongside his brother Morgan founded the Kell Hounds Mercinary unit, they are Mechwarrior legends, and closely related to the Steiner royal family.

As for the reason there are so many people named Kerensky,
When the Clans were founded having a surname became a rair privelidge, they could only be earned by excepional warriors, if I remember correctly each of the 20 Clans had 25 bloodnames, 1 for each of their founding warriors and 25 warriors could hold each name, the Wolves got 2 Kerinsky bloodnames, 1 each for Alexandr and Nichalos, so there could be 50 warriors named Kerensky.
When the Clans sent the Wolf Dragoons to gather inteligace on the Inner Sphere their forces included the bloodnamed warrior Natasha Kerensky

Other notible bloodnames include Ward and Pryde but there are many others, most of which are unique to a single Clan and can only be earned by warriors who can trace their genetic heritage back to one of the original warriors who formed the Clans

#18 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:40 AM

Ah yes, Pryde.

Definitely seen that.

Everybody seems to be a hero.

Who are the villains?

#19 SnagaDance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:41 AM

Other common/important family names.

With the fall of the Star League there came an end to House CAMERON (Terran Hegemony, the center of the map).

The remaining 5 houses started to fight amongst themselves:

House DAVION of the Federated Suns
House KURITA of the Draconis Combine
House STEINER of the Lyran Commonwealth
House MARIK of the Free Worlds League
House LIAO of the Capellan Confederation

#20 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:17 AM

So there are people out there like Simon Kurita, Lefty Liao, and Archibald Steiner?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users