What Game Is This?

31 replies to this topic

#21 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostHunka Junk, on 05 September 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

You can find me by typing my name all in caps with the space.

On the forums yes, but not in the game itself. There is a leaderboard at "Home" and under "Faction Play".

Are you a freelancer pilot? We have never been on the same side but I've seen you across from me in QP.

#22 -FLY

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 02:59 AM

hello friends, after my experiences with failures in getting winning every time, I understand that now, that I have to be brave to climb up the ladder, because I really love this game. Of course it looks unfair because the conditions are different in every match. But I have learned that MWO is about calmness. Enjoying the game, heck, administrator, can you take this topic down? now I understand......be a sniper, push the w button, and enjoy.

#23 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:39 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 05 September 2016 - 07:32 PM, said:

On the forums yes, but not in the game itself. There is a leaderboard at "Home" and under "Faction Play".

Are you a freelancer pilot? We have never been on the same side but I've seen you across from me in QP.

Yeah, I only QP. I'll play factions once I have my bots mastered, builds sorted, and I hear that CW is in a better state.

#24 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:47 AM

View Post-FLY, on 06 September 2016 - 02:59 AM, said:

hello friends, after my experiences with failures in getting winning every time, I understand that now, that I have to be brave to climb up the ladder, because I really love this game. Of course it looks unfair because the conditions are different in every match. But I have learned that MWO is about calmness. Enjoying the game, heck, administrator, can you take this topic down? now I understand......be a sniper, push the w button, and enjoy.

I don't recommend being a sniper at all. Snipers aren't team players. Snipers hide in the back and let other people do the fighting that will determine which team wins. Snipers lose it when someone gets up in their face.

Become a brawler. Definitely push the W, but push it when you're standing alongside another player also pushing the W. Once you can brawl, then explore longer ranges.

You really want to play more of a stealth role, jump in a locust and become a short-range backstabber. That is friggin' fun. It takes skill and it's uber-exciting. It's like bringing a go-kart to a tank battle. You're probably gonna die, but there will not be a dull moment before your demise.

#25 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:18 PM

I'm a brawler now. It helps with my poor vision etc. And I turned my ShameBear into a BrawlerBear and found a use for MASC. It allows me to cover that dead zone between me and a target.

If I could depend on teammates I'd do better, it seems like most of the time I'm killed from being shot in the back etc. Hey, when I come save you, how about watching my back? At least i can get 2 or so kills and 6-800 damage before I die. Brawlers do not live till the end working by themselves.

There is a place for Sniping to help the team, like in Assault in Frozen City. But you need 3-4 of them, not just one.

I hate what Boogie said about just funk the team and get your own damage. I was watching an OldBob video about the Kit Fox and I played 3 great matches yesterday with them. As always, I tell the lights to go do "light stuff" and I will stay with the big boys. We won all three matches and I was a ball of fury running from one hot spot to another. I was also spotting with Adv. Target Decay and Target info Gathering Modules alone with AMS Overload and AMS range. I saved others and helped the team win and I'm proud of it.

My 3 match scores with my Kit Fox "The IRON DOME" were 324, 171 and 362. Which considering we won is good enough for me. I've only been able to play 19 matches since this last event started and I did all the protect lights and mediums and savior kills needed. I'm a team player even when others are not. And I pay dearly for it. I'm ALWAYS in the circle in Domination, I do not snipe or shoot LRMs from 900m away.

I'd rather be in Tier 6 forever then crawl out on the back of my teammates. I've asked 11 players to be friends and had 83 players ask me to be one of theirs. And since I suck as a damage dealer I must be doing something right.

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 06 September 2016 - 03:22 PM.

#26 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 03:58 PM

View Post-FLY, on 05 September 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

2. what does it mean by steam suks? what's the diffrent between steam and the original PGI ones?

3. how do you climb up into whatever your tier is now? did you play all day or win all the time?

thanks for your answer...

Steam doesn't suck... I find Zero difference between logging in through steam or the stand-alone launcher. Maybe some people with wonky systems have issues, but i basically run a reference system, meaning strait up Nivida/intel, with asus products and all up to date drivers with win10.. (win 10 has issues with tabing out during match search, something i never had an issue with on win 7, guess it needs better optimization for 10)

2, Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you played that long and still at t5, you have more to learn. (and nothing wrong with that at all,, It took me a good year before my KDR was about .4 lol) But trust me, when you are t3, things are not any better. You will still get matches that you have people that stand around, and won't move, or even push on a single mech 100m away around a corner. In fact since the steam launch i find people far less communicative, and far less likely to use voip, or even chat. My play time has also dropped since then so maybe it is just the times i play, which only have racked up 250 hours since last dec.. I have 1k's of hours prior, but since about this time last year my playtime has declined, not because of the game, but outside issues.

I will also say, that getting annoyed with PUG's is not something that bugs only you, and lately i find them even worse. For every one fun match, and by fun i mean people trying to communicate, and talk, and enjoy the game, i get 5 that i wonder if my voip or keyboard even work, to the point that i don't even bother to try to communicate at all. At this point i can almost tell if we are going to win or loose in the first 2 mins of the match. I have only played pugs for 99% of my time, and as of late, the play is just not what it used to be. It has really pushed me to really consider looking for a group of like minded folks to play with.

I am not sure what the issue is, maybe it is steam, maybe not, i just don't know. But a year or so ago, people always chatted more, and even asked simple questions every match. Even stuff like how do you lock radar, or how do you get out of 3rd person. Or load ideas, or builds, or what mech you think is good.. Just simple stuff to ask vets in the first couple mins of the match before anything happens. Now.. i rarely see any of this.

My main suggestion to you is try to find a like minded group, group play is really were this game shines. I just have avoided it so far as my play times are so random, but at this point, i think an active group of like minds would get my mojo back.. Perhaps it will help you too.

Good luck!

#27 Tsar Bomba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:15 PM

View Post-FLY, on 06 September 2016 - 02:59 AM, said:

But I have learned that MWO is about calmness. ... now I understand......be a sniper, push the w button, and enjoy.

And the journey to Zen Big Stompy Robots has begun, well done, Grasshoppa!

#28 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 12 October 2016 - 03:15 PM

I would say take your time but you had the account from May 3rd 2016 with 1000 hours from steam playing that would mean you played 41.6 days straight through and its October 12, 2016..

So in four months you played 41.6 days straight no break or anything with 24/7 playing of 162 days with 1k hours on steam?

Hell if I had that much time I would be tier 1 by now

Takes time and just relax you will get better.. Everything comes with some calmness and ability to figure things out in time my friend...
I've only played 486 hours from steam coming out with the game.. but much more before steam as I was on board when the game first started but 486 hours on steam and I thought that was alot but I guess I was wrong...

Something is not adding up...

#29 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

This guy rage quit, so I think it's too late.

#30 Whiskey Dharma

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 141 posts
  • Location100 ms from Europe

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:39 PM

He still plays, I saw him the other night and recognized his name from ... another thread. Ragequitters never stay quit.

#31 Rayvn26

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 05:04 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 05 September 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

And the most important (sorry!!!! did not mention it in my 1st post) if you have not done so, turn the game's mouse sensitivity down to 0.2 to 0.1. That will provide you with a steadier mouse, helping to keep your mouse, aka cross-hair, on your target consistently more.

I did not know this, this info will help me immensely. Thank you I was wondering what I needed to do get a more steady aim.

#32 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:32 AM

To the OP, sniping in MWO is okay. But only just okay. You might do a fair amount of damage and you may even get a few kills by sniping, but the true damage dealers are the brawlers. Generally new players fight at longer ranges and plink away at each other. But, throw a brawler in there like a properly loaded out Atlas and you will tear stuff up.

When I just want to sit back and relax I take a sniper. When I want to really enjoy myself I take a brawler.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users