Season Leaderboard

13 replies to this topic

#1 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:07 AM

So what does it mean, do you get anything? I've been playing a couple of weeks and I can't for the life of me find any link, post, or event that describes or is related to the in game leaderboard (Season 3?) tab that apparently ends on Oct 1st. Yes, I tried Googling it a dozen different ways as well as doing a forums search and nothing related seems to come up.

#2 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:21 AM

View PostBandilly, on 05 September 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

So what does it mean, do you get anything? I've been playing a couple of weeks and I can't for the life of me find any link, post, or event that describes or is related to the in game leaderboard (Season 3?) tab that apparently ends on Oct 1st. Yes, I tried Googling it a dozen different ways as well as doing a forums search and nothing related seems to come up.

Perfectly normal for MWO.

All we really know about the season system is that, at some point, a platoon of devs will be assigned to "rework" it for a good six months as opposed to making new content.

#3 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:36 AM

I asked in a match and the general response was "You get things," but nobody really knew what.

Thanks for the response.

#4 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:06 AM

I think they were confusing the season leaderboard with event leaderboards, which occur quite regualrly and you win things.

No one wins anything for the season leaderboard. There are players who run their own off-site competitive seasons, and it could be that MWO decided to try and copy them, then did nothing after setting it up.

Again, pretty standard kinda activity in these parts.

#5 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:46 AM

No from that global (season) leaderboard, you get nothing. It's just stats, you can look yours and some others.

From event leaderboards you can get things.

#6 Chronic Cannon

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:30 PM

How long does each season last?

#7 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:32 PM

View PostChronic Cannon, on 16 November 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

How long does each season last?

Looks like about a month, actually.

#8 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:42 PM

After it was initially introduced PGI said the plan was to split solo/group queue into two separate leaderboards and create seasonal rewards for the players. Unfortunately we haven't seen any of that yet.

For now, you get nothing.

#9 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 16 November 2016 - 10:11 PM

View PostJman5, on 16 November 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

After it was initially introduced PGI said the plan was to split solo/group queue into two separate leaderboards and create seasonal rewards for the players. Unfortunately we haven't seen any of that yet.

For now, you get nothing.

I'll go ahead and make an assumption:

Kodiak Galore

Though, it should be separated by chassis

#10 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 892 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 16 November 2016 - 11:57 PM

I scroll through the leader boards and see players in the top 100+ or so with less than 20 matches a piece. Posted Image

Right. So talented. *sarcasm* Posted Image

My aim right now is simply to best the buddies I play with; you know, for bragging rights! Posted Image

So if anyone wants to die to my guns to help me beat out my best friends-list buddies; sign up Posted Image

#11 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 17 November 2016 - 02:13 AM

View PostFlyby215, on 16 November 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

I scroll through the leader boards and see players in the top 100+ or so with less than 20 matches a piece. Posted Image

My aim right now is simply to best the buddies I play with; you know, for bragging rights! Posted Image

So if anyone wants to die to my guns to help me beat out my best friends-list buddies; sign up Posted Image

Sounds familiar.

I do not care about the leaderboard, heck, i even did not attend the last three events.
It seems that i'm troubled to play more than a 100 matches a month, if even that many.
I had no trouble to do 300-400 matches a week two years ago.
My average perf is down to noob level and when my pt runs out i can not see me play this much more than a game or two a day.

For me the game is dying and no leaderboards or rewards do anything to change my mind.

#12 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:27 AM

play 3-4 matches with KDK-3 -> kdr of 11-30

play 50000 matches - > top spot on most kills

honestly who cares

#13 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:32 AM

it's just a leader board folks.

View PostRear Admiral Tier 6, on 17 November 2016 - 03:27 AM, said:

honestly who cares

some people do. That's why it was put in.

#14 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:10 AM

View PostFlyby215, on 16 November 2016 - 11:57 PM, said:

It definitely makes the non-grindy stats difficult to parse. Last I looked, something like 70% of the top 100 lights by matchscore had only 1 game played this season.

Cmon PGI. Clearly these people don't care about this stuff, so why are you ruining your leaderboards by including them? We need some sort of minimum matches played requirement before you get seeded into the seasonal leaderboard. Something like 20-30 matches would give you a decent average, but even making the threshold as low as 5 matches would dramatically clean it up. 94 out of 100 players in the top 100 lights have less than 5 games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users