I Can't Stop Turning Left.

2 replies to this topic

#1 Aerothorne

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:00 AM

I started playing mechwarrior again on Tuesday 3/14, and it ran fine, but when I booted it up on Wednesday and started playing, I found that I can't stop my mech from constantly turning left. Since then, and continuing into today, I have tried to solve the problem by:
-Double tapping the left key
-Tapping the right key at the same time
-Unbinding the "Turn Left" key
-Unplugging the keyboard, mouse, controller, and any other possible form of input from my computer WHILE THE GAME WAS RUNNING.
-Restarting the game
-Uninstalling and reinstalling the game TWICE

And none of these have fixed the problem, it is still spinning no matter what happens.

I have seen other posts about this problem, but none of them have had it this consistently like I have, and were fixed by double tapping keys/unbinding and rebinding the key or similar.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than the above attempted solutions, cause I can't figure out what could possibly be causing this problem

#2 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

View PostAerothorne, on 16 March 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

-Unplugging the keyboard, mouse, controller, and any other possible form of input from my computer WHILE THE GAME WAS RUNNING.

That happens to me in many games when the analogue sticks on my gamepad remain pushed to a side somewhat. You say you unplugged all the stuff when the game was running, but it did not help me in Darksiders, for instance. Try unplugging your controller BEFORE you launch the game. Also check your device manager for any peripherals that you installed once in a blue moon and their drivers are still sitting there. Other than that, no idea.

#3 LuInRei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts
  • Location渦巻き中

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:59 PM

I had a similar problem long ago.
It was tied to the game behaving weirdly after you press Shift+Alt (language input change hotkey)
After I remapped both ingame functions and windows settings it went away.
Hope it helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users