#201 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:25 AM

View PostMazzyplz, on 07 September 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

btw if you are waiting for a light mech don't ask for flea... better make them give us the cougar
Rawr...

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cougar
looks way better and the stock loadout is 2LPL + 2lrm10

Adder with JJs?

#202 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:26 AM

Cougar was my flag runner in MW4 Capture the Flag games Posted Image

P.S. Checkout Hitman85s paper Cougar (and others). Beware, genius at work!

Edited by Jimmy DiGriz, 07 September 2016 - 12:28 AM.

#203 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:28 AM

it seems like the cougar H has jumpjets, ecm, a uac5 and 3 medium lasers!!
i'd run this stock!

Edited by Mazzyplz, 07 September 2016 - 12:28 AM.

#204 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:37 AM

Cougar is WAY out of time line though, won't be getting that in the foreseeable future :(

#205 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:39 AM

Next Light mech? There can be only:

Posted Image

Other Light mechs can **********. Except the Hollander. You can stay.

#206 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:41 AM

View PostJimmy DiGriz, on 06 September 2016 - 11:19 PM, said:

It's going to be hard to see how the Bushwacker will fit in to the MWO meta; it'll be pretty under-gunned and a bit slow I guess. But there is an in-game precedent; whilst the Crab is maybe a bit mediocre, it is at least tough, so if all the Bushie ends up is a Crab with more armament options, I guess that'll keep me happy. Like you say, it'll be down to the quirks.

If it acts like a Crab with autocannon, or a bigger shadow cat, that is good enough for me.

#207 Wolf Ender

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:11 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 September 2016 - 12:39 AM, said:

absolutely on the same wavelength. Piranha and Hollander the two lights I am waiting for.

#208 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:15 AM

View PostJimmy DiGriz, on 07 September 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

Cougar is WAY out of time line though, won't be getting that in the foreseeable future Posted Image

It's no longer about timeline, just tech. The precedent has been set. Cougar is not out of the realm of possibility.

#209 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:34 AM

Posted this in the other thread, but I guess it's worth posting here, too. Shunuke made his own version some time ago and it looks like the actual MWO one won't be far off. Just for perspective. Mech looks better from the side than it does the front, just the way its gonna be it seems.

http://shunuke.devia...0-WIP-500247384

This thing is gonna have to bomb it around the field to not get those arms shot off every single time anything sneezes at it.

Edited by MrEdweird, 07 September 2016 - 04:36 AM.

#210 Spartan 04

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 53 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:47 AM

View PostCoralld, on 06 September 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

I like the camo actually for nostalgia reasons... Reminds me of my old Bushwacker toy. Posted Image

Posted Image

Well played PGI, well played.

I used to have that too! I might just have to pre-order this one, for nostalgia's sake.

#211 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 07 September 2016 - 04:57 AM

View PostSpartan 04, on 07 September 2016 - 04:47 AM, said:

for nostalgia's sake.

Isnt this basically the main reason anyone ever buys the mech-packs anyway? Posted Image

#212 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:15 AM

My guess is main variants will be BSW-X1, which is AC/10, 2xLRM5, ERLL, 2xMG. Then BSW-X2, which is AC/10, 3xLRM5, 2xMG, 2xMPL. Third would be BSW-S2, which is ERLL, LBX10, 2xSRM4, AMS.

I don't know of any famous heroes so no clue there. Maybe an all-energy variant. Bounty Hunter is a nice hero for MAD, for example, and that has nice builds. Maybe they'll do something similar for this chassis.

Dunno what they'll do for pre-order mechs, though.

Edited by MrEdweird, 07 September 2016 - 05:15 AM.

#213 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:16 AM

View PostSpartan 04, on 07 September 2016 - 04:47 AM, said:

I used to have that too! I might just have to pre-order this one, for nostalgia's sake.

I hope this will be the standard camo propped up with some basic colours. If this will be the collector's camo, there's no way I'll buy the CE - period.

#214 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:17 AM

View PostKshat, on 07 September 2016 - 05:16 AM, said:

I hope this will be the standard camo propped up with some basic colours. If this will be the collector's camo, there's no way I'll buy the CE - period.

I think it's just a random reference Alex made. :)
I don't see why the special variant would have anything different than the pretty classy looking previous ones.

#215 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:20 AM

I applause PGI and their choice for the next mech! I hope it lives up to its MW4/MW-Mercs reputation! :)

I really hope PGI evolves the Bushwacker in to a shorter model, I think it is too tall based on the current artwork.

#216 Spartan 04

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 53 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:27 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 07 September 2016 - 04:57 AM, said:

Isnt this basically the main reason anyone ever buys the mech-packs anyway? Posted Image

Point taken, although I never played the tabletop game, just MW2/MW4 after watching the cartoon as a kid. (And from what I've heard, that's not a good representation of the BT universe - I know, I just liked the giant, non-anime warmachines. I did own three of the toys though). Thus my true nostalgic mechs are the Timberwolf, the Hunchback, the Maddog, and the Timberwolf MK II (from MW4). I also liked the Uziel from MW4, and hope to see that in game, "eras" be damned.

I personally like the bulkier design of the Bushwacker. I find the artwork models look too flimsy to feel like real warmachines. After I rejoined MWO following the Clan release, I was happy to see the Timberwolf's model had thick arms and legs, and didn't look or feel as fragile as the one often depicted in artwork. That's just my preference though. I will probably end up spending a few bucks on it, depending on whether or not there are good early-adopter bonuses (I missed out on a lot of them during my absence) and what the hardpoints look like.

#217 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:27 AM

They don't really have TOO many choices left for interesting mechs till around 3050-3053 for IS.
Most are boring humanoid gundams with nothing special to give. The Bushie™ was a choice I feel they made a long time ago anyways. I would have liked to have it as one of the first available mediums in the game, like 4 years ago, as is tradition with past few MW games.

The mech might be awkward and confusing depending on hardpoints and it probably won't bring anything new to the table.
But PokeMechs is strong with this one. Hopefully, we will hear some good news about the game as a whole in the coming weeks, but as far as F2P games go ... not holding my breath. I've had enough shotbot over the years. I will probably get myself a Wackie™ (seriously, I'm glad the communtiy didn't like Scat for the Shadow Cat) but unless there is some PvE or other development, prolly gonna be the last.

Edited by MrEdweird, 07 September 2016 - 05:31 AM.

#218 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:46 AM

View Postjss78, on 06 September 2016 - 11:47 PM, said:

They managed to make the Crab quite low, while making the walking animation look OK. Though if you look carefully, the Crab's walk is actually physically impossible, with the different leg segments forced into the same space when the knee is bent (or is it the ankle, goddamnit I'm a mechwarrior, not an ornithologist).

that's just part of a fine tradition, started with the original unseen Marauder in TT, which can't actually walk, let alone run, in reality, either.

View PostMazzyplz, on 07 September 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

btw if you are waiting for a light mech don't ask for flea... better make them give us the cougar
Rawr...

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Cougar
looks way better and the stock loadout is 2LPL + 2lrm10

because stock 86 kph, wide mechs fare so well...... oh look, as Adder that's even easier to kill...

View PostNavid A1, on 07 September 2016 - 12:25 AM, said:

Adder with JJs?

and even less speed

View PostJimmy DiGriz, on 07 September 2016 - 12:26 AM, said:

Cougar was my flag runner in MW4 Capture the Flag games Posted Image

P.S. Checkout Hitman85s paper Cougar (and others). Beware, genius at work!

MW4 Cougar didn't have a locked 86 kph engine

View PostJimmy DiGriz, on 07 September 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

Cougar is WAY out of time line though, won't be getting that in the foreseeable future Posted Image

3058. As long as there are a few "current tech" versions (and there are) no, it's not out of timeline for MWO.... but it's a Light (and a highly overrated one at that) so I doubt it'll happen.

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 September 2016 - 12:39 AM, said:

Next Light mech? There can be only:

Posted Image

Hollander is crap.

And sadly, even 12 MGs will probably be worthless in MWO.

View PostMrEdweird, on 07 September 2016 - 04:34 AM, said:

Posted this in the other thread, but I guess it's worth posting here, too. Shunuke made his own version some time ago and it looks like the actual MWO one won't be far off. Just for perspective. Mech looks better from the side than it does the front, just the way its gonna be it seems.

http://shunuke.devia...0-WIP-500247384

This thing is gonna have to bomb it around the field to not get those arms shot off every single time anything sneezes at it.

so basically it's the TRO cover version. Nicely done, but not really a "new take" on it or anything.

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 07 September 2016 - 04:57 AM, said:

Nostalgia Warrior: Online

As long as we have Whales with Misty Eyed Nostalgia, and Rose Colored Glasses, who needs content or balance?

Wanna buy a mechpack?

#219 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:48 AM

you can already build a Hollander in MWO if you really wanted to do it
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a8fbf1bf0ca4d44

#220 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:49 AM

View PostMrEdweird, on 07 September 2016 - 05:27 AM, said:

They don't really have TOO many choices left for interesting mechs till around 3050-3053 for IS.
Most are boring humanoid gundams with nothing special to give.

Not, objectively speaking, true. But your next line reveals your subjective basis, and by that standard, there is some truth.

But what you find "boring" others do not, necessarily. I'd take a "boring" Assasssin, Vulcan or Dervish over the Bushwacker any day of the week. And would buy twice, were it a Crusader or Charger, especially the charger with very distinctive variants.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users