So It's The Bushwacker! Are You Going To Buy It Yes Or No, And Why Or Why Not?

BattleMechs

386 replies to this topic

#381 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:11 AM

Yes, because I loved the bushwacker.

#382 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:18 AM

View PostMadcatX, on 15 September 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

I've been calling this game "walking hardpoints" for years now. Customization is great but when the mech chassis and variants list started hitting triple digits, I'd always ask "Well what makes this mech really stand out in comparison to the rest of my collection since if it doesn't stand out, it's most likely going to sit in the mechbay gathering dust". The longer the list of mechs that get churned out is, the more overlap there is between the playstyles of them.

The other side of that is everyone can play something visually appealing so while you may never pilot 95% of your mechs, battlefields are a bit more diverse. It isn't just 3 atlas, 3 catapults, 3 hunchbacks and 3 jenners on each side. I don't keep buying mechs because I need them, but because I like the variety. They all feel a bit different even if they look similar on paper.

That being said there should be a massive quirk patch to make mechs feel "quirky" instead of just for balance.

#383 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:27 AM

View Postdervishx5, on 15 September 2016 - 05:52 AM, said:

The Cauldron Born's width isn't nearly as much as the canon version.

MWO EBJ still looks pretty similar to its original form, while the Bushwacker got too condensed and looks more uglier than usual.

View PostMadcatX, on 15 September 2016 - 06:10 AM, said:

I've been calling this game "walking hardpoints" for years now. Customization is great but when the mech chassis and variants list started hitting triple digits, I'd always ask "Well what makes this mech really stand out in comparison to the rest of my collection since if it doesn't stand out, it's most likely going to sit in the mechbay gathering dust". The longer the list of mechs that get churned out is, the more overlap there is between the playstyles of them.

Which is why this game needs:

Posted Image

Edited by El Bandito, 15 September 2016 - 06:29 AM.

#384 MadcatX

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:34 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 September 2016 - 06:27 AM, said:

Which is why this game needs:

Posted Image

I've been a proponent of that ever since I saw a twin-AC 20 Catapult many year ago and my reaction was essentially "uhmmm... wtf?"

#385 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,010 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:52 AM

Why do I need another mech when I have others which do (nearly) the same?

The game needs more content, not more mechs. More content would also mean, I'd open my wallet again. However, I guess spitting out mech pack after meck pack is easier

View PostMole, on 07 September 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

I'm pretty nostalgic for the Bushwhacker which has earned PGI my wallet in the past. But now I'm unhappy with PGI mostly because we've had 13 friggin' 'mech releases in a row and not a single one of them has been a light. They've ignored an entire weight class for over a year now. I refuse to continue supporting this kind of behavior. They will release more lights and do it soon or my wallet will never open again, no matter how bad I like the Bushwhacker. Will not be buying.

They do not release lights simply because they wouldn't make much money with a light class mech pack. The reasons are obvious...

Edited by Bush Hopper, 15 September 2016 - 07:55 AM.

#386 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:59 AM

View PostMadcatX, on 15 September 2016 - 06:34 AM, said:

I've been a proponent of that ever since I saw a twin-AC 20 Catapult many year ago and my reaction was essentially "uhmmm... wtf?"

I can't say the game "needs" it, but I do think it would be a terrific differentiator. At this point it is easier to address with quirks though. Sure you CAN build an AC/40 K2 Cat but why would you if there was a better platform with quirks for AC/20's?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users