Bushwacker Lore And Blueprint

148 replies to this topic

#141 Greenburg Godzillas

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

I like big Bushwackers.... and I can not lie....

#142 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 03:13 PM

I believe the ortho that was presented has a good chance to work well in MWO. I would like to see it as presented please. Thank you. :)

#143 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 09 September 2016 - 06:24 AM

0:00 - Introduction
2:18 - Mech Specs
4:31 - Spreadsheet Calcs
9:44 - Hardpoints
23:32 - Hardpoint & Hitbox Locations
27:09 - Final Thoughts

#144 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 11 September 2016 - 11:20 AM

View PostWikikomoto, on 08 September 2016 - 04:22 AM, said:

wow.. that. does NOT look like a bushwacker. why is it so tall with such stubby little arms?? literally the whole reason this mech exists is to have a low profile

Part of the canonical Bushwacker's profile was the fact that it didn't have a torso to speak of, such that the rulebook Strategic Operations named the BSW as the exemplar of the "No Torso Twist" design quirk.
PGI seems unwilling to add 'Mechs that can't torso twist, so the BSW - like the Locust, Jenner, Black Hawk, Cauldron Born, and others - was redesigned to accommodate a torso joint, which necessarily makes the 'Mech taller than it would have been otherwise.

Additionally, the canonical lore behind the 'Mech states that it was the design data for the Clan-built Vulture - a 'Mech known for its tall, laterally-thin, relatively-long torso design - that allowed the BSW to become a viable design at all, so it makes sense that the BSW design would take a note from that.

#145 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:23 AM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 11 September 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

Part of the canonical Bushwacker's profile was the fact that it didn't have a torso to speak of, such that the rulebook Strategic Operations named the BSW as the exemplar of the "No Torso Twist" design quirk.
PGI seems unwilling to add 'Mechs that can't torso twist, so the BSW - like the Locust, Jenner, Black Hawk, Cauldron Born, and others - was redesigned to accommodate a torso joint, which necessarily makes the 'Mech taller than it would have been otherwise.

Additionally, the canonical lore behind the 'Mech states that it was the design data for the Clan-built Vulture - a 'Mech known for its tall, laterally-thin, relatively-long torso design - that allowed the BSW to become a viable design at all, so it makes sense that the BSW design would take a note from that.

Having no-twist mechs with the arms strapped to the hip joint is a good call by PGI. Would make for some ****** gameplay, and control schemes, making them pretty much unplayable :P

#146 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:34 AM

View Postpacifica812, on 08 September 2016 - 12:45 AM, said:

D V... Posted Image I for one am gonna miss your posts... I'm sad to see you leave... 'till next time and may the force be with you...

I'm back... Disruptive Bodily Pain + Severe Stress From Non-MWO Things + Nowhere To Distract My Mind = Reluctant Return To MWO. :wacko:

View PostMrEdweird, on 08 September 2016 - 04:17 AM, said:

I think people are forgetting that in some previous games, side torso explosions didnt kill XLs the same way they do in this game. Posted Image

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this made no small part of why a Bushwacker was tanky.

Too much truth here. It's also made some people cranky as to why I.S. CASE can't protect the I.S. XL Engine somehow in MWO, and I sadly know how they feel after having also played MW2 & MW3 before. Some other people (including myself) also wonder why there isn't some other I.S. Mech Skills Upgrade that can be unlocked to protect an I.S. XL Engine against total failure when a Side Torso is lost. It really gives Clans a severe advantage against I.S. Pilots. :huh:

Well, here's to watching ahead for the BushWacker's release. Too many things are set in stone at this point, so we'll just have to see what PGI does now. But, I'm not having a good feeling, all thanks to how PGI has treated a bunch of their Player Base with Recent Events. It's like they enjoy us suffering as their Guinea Pigs, which I really don't take a liking to, and left temporarily because of stress I was feeling due to them. <_<

~D. V. "...doesn't like being constantly stressed..." Devnull

#147 l3elthaz0r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:26 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 11 September 2016 - 11:20 AM, said:

If these designs remove the torso twist, no one will pick these mechs other than the lore crazy 2% of players until they too realize how difficult it's gonna be aiming with the A and D keys. I think it was a good gameplay decision, I don't get why ppl want a torso-less design.

#148 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 01:16 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 27 September 2016 - 10:34 AM, said:

I'm back... Disruptive Bodily Pain + Severe Stress From Non-MWO Things + Nowhere To Distract My Mind = Reluctant Return To MWO. Posted Image

Too much truth here. It's also made some people cranky as to why I.S. CASE can't protect the I.S. XL Engine somehow in MWO, and I sadly know how they feel after having also played MW2 & MW3 before. Some other people (including myself) also wonder why there isn't some other I.S. Mech Skills Upgrade that can be unlocked to protect an I.S. XL Engine against total failure when a Side Torso is lost. It really gives Clans a severe advantage against I.S. Pilots. Posted Image

Well, here's to watching ahead for the BushWacker's release. Too many things are set in stone at this point, so we'll just have to see what PGI does now. But, I'm not having a good feeling, all thanks to how PGI has treated a bunch of their Player Base with Recent Events. It's like they enjoy us suffering as their Guinea Pigs, which I really don't take a liking to, and left temporarily because of stress I was feeling due to them. Posted Image

~D. V. "...doesn't like being constantly stressed..." Devnull

Your skills provide extra shielding to the mech's engines? ;)

#149 Willothius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 187 posts
  • LocationThe Great Mechbay In The Sky.

Posted 28 September 2016 - 08:39 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 27 September 2016 - 10:34 AM, said:

I'm back...

Some other people (including myself) also wonder why there isn't some other I.S. Mech Skills Upgrade that can be unlocked to protect an I.S. XL Engine against total failure when a Side Torso is lost.

Are you sure there are others that share that logic defying idea? No race driver can keep on driving if his engine is blown up, no matter how skilled he is...

It's like they enjoy us suffering as their Guinea Pigs, which I really don't take a liking to, and left temporarily because of stress I was feeling due to them.

Said this before: no one forced you to finish any of those events.
Stop stressing out, drink a beer, smoke some grass, shoot some imaginary stompy future robots until you're saturated..
Then, and this is the key part, STOP PLAYING. If event is too much, meh, get what you get, no stress. Really REALLY want that mechbay? Give em a friggin 1 dollar.

~WILL: "Oh Devvy. You're back for 1 post and already getting on my nerves..." Willothius

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users