Mech Cockpit Suggestions

1 reply to this topic

#1 TheButterMonkey

Rookie

• The Bold
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:50 PM

Here are a few ideas for items to show in the cockpit to make it more functional and aesthetically pleasing instead of the WWII fighter pilot switches and random stuff we currently see. Some of the items listed i think would just be easy to implement and be good replacement filler.

- Clock (this becomes more important with the dynamic lighting level maps, could be a fixed time for non-updated maps)
- Compass
- Ambient temperature
- Heatsinks (these could red out when destroyed)
- Ammo (this could be broken out by individual items equipped [like heat sinks and grey/red out when destroyed or depleted] or total per weapon type; counter for remaining shots
- Show the damage paper dolls already displayed on the HUD (self and target)
- Show the weapon groups already displayed on the HUD (these could also red/grey out when destroyed or depleted)
- Mission objectives (this could include more detail based on the game type)

You could also start to integrate the social stuff i guess, like messages.

I understand you need to also make sure it doesnt get too distracting, so maybe toning down the brightness/glow would help.

#2 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:39 AM

Sinks are already shown on some of the displays, I think.

Don't forget that those screens in your cockpit were left blank for years, since PGI couldn't be arsed to do anything with them. They've since been wasted on ruining immersion by putting kill counters in them, and reminding you very clearly that - YES - you are playing a video game.

Don't get your hopes up on anyone doing anything they can't put a price-tag on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users