What Happened To My Bushwhacker?

67 replies to this topic

#61 Ghostpony

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:01 PM

So I heard about this thread and had to come read it. It helps that Karamanthos, the 'OP' (that means over powered to me so that threw me for a while) is an RL friend of mine so I was able to ask him about this. His original post about it being an omni mech was based on some is remembered fluff text. So he was wrong on that and those of you patting yourselves on the back try not to hurt yourselves.

The lack of torso twist, in his post, is rather open to interpretation. Photos of the original figure and drawings have been posted with people bouncing around swearing up and down that it has torso twist. Now it is true that it is never stated outright that it does not in the scanned book pages. That said; the figure does not look to have torso twist. People can bounce around and say it does but the legs join to the sides of the figure. Here is a look at the unassembled figure to make that clear.

https://images-ext-1...h15XCSdPghk.jpg

Then there is the fluff text that states that the whole point of the mech was to provide a very low front profile. While twisting is not mentioned in this I could easily see it lacking torso twist in the name of a powerful pivot capacity. That said clearly the people putting it to the game don't see it that way. *shrug*

What however has me chuckling, is how much some people's panties got into a twist over the whole thing. Take a chill pill people. Relax. People make mistakes. It has happened and always will. People will also often have different opinions on things.

Good luck and have fun

Edited by Ghostpony, 13 September 2016 - 08:03 PM.

#62 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:51 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 09 September 2016 - 07:31 AM, said:

Yea.. but I saw this lastnight, but was too busy with kids to be able to respond... still I wanted too.

You do what you want to do man. Don't let the internet or kids stop you. :3

#63 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:54 AM

View PostElizander, on 14 September 2016 - 06:51 AM, said:

You do what you want to do man. Don't let the internet or kids stop you. :3

I'm a better dad than that, Kids take priority in 99% of all cases... doubly so when the wife is out that night...

#64 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:04 AM

View PostGhostpony, on 13 September 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

What however has me chuckling, is how much some people's panties got into a twist over the whole thing. Take a chill pill people. Relax. People make mistakes. It has happened and always will. People will also often have different opinions on things.

Good luck and have fun

Let me remind you of something about the forums, random poster who is apparently a friend of the OP.

It doesn't matter, if he was wrong, and is very outrightly wrong, it doesn't matter if his second part about it having no torso twist doesn't matter.

His first part of the argument is wrong, very wrong, and no matter what, will be scrutinized for.

Now if he was a smart man, one would know to edit the title after being confirmed wrong to show that he may have been wrong about it being a Omni, but that he doesn't like it having a twist. Then, possibly then, would he not be scrutinized.

But I don't Black/White Knight anymore, I Jade. Like Bandito ;)

Edited by Scout Derek, 14 September 2016 - 07:42 AM.

#65 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:10 AM

You just gotta keep in mind that a lot of the BattleTech drawings from the 80's were really, really bad. Mechs with no way to twist (e.g. Nova, Kit Fox), even though in the game you every mech gets to twist, mechs with disproportionately sized bodies that wouldn't physically be capable of standing without falling over (e.g. Stalker), and so on.

PGI is 100% in their right mind to fix these problems up, and so far they have (mostly) done well with keeping their original look and make them look good.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 14 September 2016 - 07:10 AM.

#66 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:25 AM

This thread has been most entertaining.

#67 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:43 AM

View Postnehebkau, on 14 September 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

This thread has been most entertaining.

I agree. but aren't many threads entertaining, even ones you've made?

#68 Nastyogre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:52 AM

Pretty well established that the Bushwhacker was not an omni. Omnimech research allowed the problems with it's design to be remedied. Somebody needs to brush up on their lore.

The lack of torso twist is a Quirk. An optional rule in the game. Only Quads are restricted from torso twisting by the rules. Interestingly, the BWH does is not even listed to have the no torso twist Quirk. Or at least Sarna does not show it. I would have to check my Stat ops book at home.

0 for 2 to the OP.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users