- - - - -

What Are The Rng, Clr And Trk Boxes On Top Of The Screen?

Question

4 replies to this topic

#1 Duatam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:08 PM

Sometimes, but very rarely, I see these 3 boxes appear on top of the screen. I've tried looking at MWO cockpit tutorials etc, but none of them mention these boxes even existing.

I've asked people in-game but no one knows what they are. They don't show up on every match, just sometimes. Are they related to a specific gamemode?

Posted Image

#2 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 02:23 PM

These are from the Domination game mode.

When you're inside the "Circle" the "RNG" will light up (in RaNGe)
If the "CLR" light up, the area is CLeaR of enemy 'mechs
I'm not sure what "TRK" stands for, but I'm sure it means you're *not* being attacked / attacking an enemy

I should probably check out the Domination game mode announcement, but it's late and I'm tired...

[Edit]

Domination

The primary goal of Domination is to claim control of the central Communications Beacon.

Each team will start a game of Domination with a team countdown timer set at 1 minute. To complete the objective and emerge victorious your team must hold the Comms Beacon for a total duration of 1 minute throughout the course of the match. The first team to reach 0:00 will be the victor.

To initiate the countdown of your teams timer, three conditions must be met:

• At least one member of your team must stand uncontested within a 400m radius around the Comms Beacon.
  • This team member must not be taking fire from the enemy.
  • There must be no enemy 'Mechs present within the 400m radius around the Comms Beacon.
Once all three conditions are met the Comms Beacon will enter the tracking phase; it is this tracking phase that runs down your timer. If you lose active control of the Comms Beacon by failing to meet any of the three conditions, the tracking phase will cease and your timer will stop counting down.
To indicate whether your team satisfies the conditions necessary to initiate tracking there are 3 new HUD indicators:

Posted Image

When all 3 of these indicators are green your team's timer will begin to count down.

Each team also has control over two Mobile Field Bases, which can be destroyed by enemy forces. Destroying an MFB will result in a 15-second penalty being added to your opponents timer. Timers cannot exceed 1:00 in duration, so destroying an MFB while the match is already well underway will maximize the potential advantage gained from destroying them.

In the event that the match timer runs out before either team can bring their team timer to zero, the team with the lowest duration of time remaining on their timer will win the match.

[/Edit]

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 11 September 2016 - 02:26 PM.

#3 Duatam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:03 PM

All clear now. Thanks for the great answer!

Edited by Duatam, 11 September 2016 - 03:03 PM.

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:32 PM

Reminds me that someone should invent a radar detector. And add it is a Module for this game.

#5 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,950 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 11 September 2016 - 05:41 PM

That would be interesting, but not if you didn't have the option to turn your radar off - otherwise, life would get really, really interesting for scouts. Again.

It should be noted, however, that the Radar Deprivation module will give you an audio/visual signal every time it operates - so while you can't tell when someone can detect you, you CAN tell when you've broken sensor contact.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users