The hardcore causual player, willing to learn...

24 replies to this topic

#21 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

View Posthrafnagud83, on 18 July 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

Well, then I'm in the Legendary club myself. This is too good a deal and too good a game (hopefully) to no invest in. ;)
Still some time 'till it's out, so plenty of time to read and learn and drool all over everything the devs put out for us to see. B)

I would like to get a founders pack, veteran over the other two but I can't afford it.

#22 KeeperVS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

You'll be fine just jumping in. There is a role available for everyone, gone will be the days of only the biggest to win.

#23 Arteste

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationNorth Port, Florida

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

OP, just have FUN with it! We all will have a learning curse. My GOD, it's been years since I climbed into that cockpit!

Respectfully,
Arteste
DWAR Mechwarrior

#24 Rushyo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 197 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

I never aim for "best" im MP games, I aim for fun and help where I can help.

Then you have nothing to worry about. I see people making elementary mistakes when theorycrafting on this forum, let alone the kind of expertise you might be worried about. You'll probably find that if you enjoy the game and play it regularly you'll be plenty competitive. Nobody has played MWO before, in some ways being experienced with other MW games might put you at an early disadvantage because you'll have to 'unlearn' certain skills.

PS: Englsih isn't my primary language, so bear with me on mistakes and grammar mistakes. ^^

Your English is good and your attitude is too. You've got a huge leg up on... well, a lot of people here, as far respect from other commenters goes.

#25 Tezkat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Tabletop vets will have an early edge in theorycrafting, and MechWarrior vets will have some of the needed reflexes primed and ready to go, but both of these advantages will fade quickly after launch.

By then, there should be tons of guides available offering build suggestions for various playstyles. And no matter how good you were at MW4, MWLL, and the like, MWO will have its own unique skillsets that need to be built up through practicing MWO.
In the end, efforts devoted towards becoming good this game should trump having been good at the games that came before. ;)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users