Regarding The Orion

2 replies to this topic

#1 Raven40

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:56 AM

Now, personally I enjoyed previous renditions of the orion, but this is on the subject of usability in faction play. I play as a member of Clan Jade Falcon currently and I realize as a mech originating as an Inner Sphere piece of equipment, that it cannot be used by the clans in faction play on MWO. Though in the lore, a huge character, Aleksandr Kerensky, used that very mech and I find even if being an inner sphere mech, would make it being the only mech, and very unique of all the rest having the ability to be used by the clans and Inner Sphere in faction play matches despite being Inner Sphere equipment. This being a little similar to the annihilator, though that's besides the point. I can understand disagreements from Inner Sphere pilots, but it's kind of iconic in clan history aside for my general desire to pilot the mech under clan requirements. If it made for any further encouragement, I would love to make a model under the older renditions to be used as a clan mech, though still would undergo an Inner Sphere equipment laden mech lab for load out adjustment.

Aside from that, on a totally different subject, I enjoyed the thought of Inner Sphere land-air mechs joining the fray, giving the phoenix hawk and shadow hawk far more adjustable roles within the game. They aren't anything I would ever use, but I would enjoy the larger spectrum of challenges in mech based combat. This kind of similar to how the clan blood kite seems to have a mech to tank option(not minding the ugly miniature but focusing more on the black and white rendition. Just some things I would enjoy seeing implemented.

Edited by JadePhoenix666, 12 September 2016 - 02:46 AM.

#2 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:40 AM

why not just use the Orion-IIC? looks similiar and plays quite well.

#3 Raven40

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 02:45 AM

I can easily say it's just not the same. The look of the MWO orion is kind of a let down on top of that. The MW3 revised original just has way more a certain edge and appeal the MWO edition doesn't live up to. I'd love to at least see a revision put to poll against the current existing MWO mech. That's minus the ability to use an inner sphere mech in clan faction play events.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users