Nova Build Maybe?

2 replies to this topic

#1 WabbitNinja

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:09 PM

Hello there Posted Image, just came from Smurfy's dreaming about mechs when I came up with this one: http://mwo.smurfynet.de/mechlab#i=267&l=8126d69bb31f70b3b5cb750eae699549ec3d0afe

The Nova seems fine but I was wondering if one variant supports sml laser quirks maybe?

The ER Large Lasers are for those moments of long drawn out fights, I envision this thing possibly sneaking up on mechs and backstabbing (Might just be the Jenner IIC in my system) with the 12 small lasers then backing out and sniping with the ER Lrg Laser. Should I drop Large Lasers and go more sml or just go more dhts?

#2 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 09:35 PM

The pods with ER laser and generic energy heat quirks are the prime ones without any energy pods.
Ok now onto the build, 12 ersl runs hot enough as is especially when you're caught in a brawl it's not fast enough to escape most of the time, so you're committed til death. So you'll really want that 8 extra heat sinks..if you want to play ranged builds, maybe drop the number of ersl to 6 and get 3 more dhs with the 6 serving as backup melee weapons.
Or you could even run 2 erppc for all ranges and carry like 18 dhs

#3 maimaimi

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:58 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fab3ef6a95cd56d

novas are awesome hot boxes, i run a similar build, but i use 9ERSL 2ERL and 4MG with a targeting comp

its not a build for the faint of heart but with good heat management its brutal

effectively that setup can fire ERL all way long, and cycle the 9 ERSL for around 100 damage close range
then it maxes heat so you only fire 6 ERSL and the 4MG

the 4MG and Tcomp really make the build, once enemy armor is gone it is dead, even assaults don't last vs the MG's

the torso NVA-S is really the selling point of the nova, there is no reason to use another torso piece if you are planing to do any brawling at all, hell 12 ERSL 4 MG nova can pick a fight with an atlas and win if it has luck and first attack

Edited by maimaimi, 13 September 2016 - 02:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users