Snail Warrior Online ..... Can We Make Lasers Even Slower ?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Nutta88

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 11:56 PM

I agree. If pulse fired 2-4 times the rate the do now, for 1/2 - 1/4 of the heat and damage, it would differentiate pulse from lasers. Currently pulse are just better damage, lower heat and shorter ranged lasers. Making pulse more rapid would allow lasers to have have a greater range of duration. This wider range of duration for lasers could be used to balance, within tech levels and between clan and IS, weight, crits, range etc.

#2 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:18 AM

While I'm not terribly against PGI's general approach towards pulse lasers, I wouldn't mind seeing pulse lasers having different functionality such as lower damage in exchange for much faster fire rate and superior DPS or something along those lines; it wouldn't even be hard to do either with some fairly simple XML adjustments.

It sure would cut down on a lot of complaints about boated pulse lasers delivering too much damage all at once, and especially when quirks are considered there's kind of a point to be made there.

#3 Zionkan

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 03:22 AM

Could live whit that

#4 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:50 AM

heh just played a match that lasted barely 4 mins... I took a right, to get a fire line, and by the time i caught back up everyone was dead.. Play test a bit, don't just go by numbers..

another thing i noticed, is boating less weapons and adding more heat sinks.. Or using lower heat weapons, verse packing high heat long range is another tweak you might need to do.

I do like the idea of faster re-fire, more DPS, on pulse lasers.. but it kinda seems like that might be what they are going towards

Edited by JC Daxion, 13 September 2016 - 08:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users