Money's Worth

7 replies to this topic

#1 EpochEntropic

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:18 AM

lots have paid lots for this game. If we were all simply F2P players, then sure, practice programming. But considering the vast wealth raked in, could you perhaps focus on servicing your clients rather than your imagination? Nobody needs you to change gameplay elements, if they dont like this game.... they dont like THIS game. They can seek a better fit. if you keep chipping away at it, it will still make poor use of hardware (like a browser game ported to a d3d window), but with just 15 players left to complain. None of which actually sure how to understand and play the mess of code youve scrambled... Go LEAN, stop adding. if this were an airplane, in stead of fixing a broken wing, you wouldve just let it hang, and bolted on 6 more, even ******** wings.

#2 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:06 AM

The game has remained relatively unchanged for 3-4 years, and lots of veterans were leaving due to fatigue, Bishop Steiner being one of them, and I was extremely close to doing the same until the PTS dropped. We're seeing more balance changes than we've seen the last 3 years combined, and PGI is actually listening to the feedback of those who tested in the PTS, so some changes get reverted, some get further refined, and they're even testing experimental changes to see if we like it. As long as in the end the good changes make it in the live client rather than the strange ones, I'll be happy.

#3 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:24 AM

All while someone like me who played before clans were in the game will quit the game if ed hits as its ridiculous, broken and unnecessary.

Mwo will lose players regardless because
1)its f2p
2)you need to pay or slave off at every event to get more than 4 mechs.
3)mech preorders wont be seen positively
4)mwo strays too far from battletech and previous mechwarriors.

Edited by davoodoo, 14 September 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#4 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:27 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 14 September 2016 - 07:24 AM, said:

All while someone like me who played before clans were in the game will quit the game if ed hits as its ridiculous, broken and unnecessary.

You mean not exactly like you want it, and saying it's broken is absolutely laughable...

#5 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:36 AM

View PostGentleman Reaper, on 14 September 2016 - 07:27 AM, said:

You mean not exactly like you want it, and saying it's broken is absolutely laughable...

No i mean what i mean, its broken.

System which so far required nerfs to every weapon in the game which wasnt useless before(they didnt nerf lbx and lrm20) isnt working and if it isnt working then its broken.

Edited by davoodoo, 14 September 2016 - 07:41 AM.

#6 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:45 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 14 September 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

System which so far required nerfs to every weapon in the game which wasnt useless before(they didnt nerf lbx and lrm20) isnt working and if it isnt working then its broken.

It didn't require nerfs, it actually required weapon buffs because they've always been balanced around alphas, what's happening now in PTS4 is PGI trying to normalize certain stats on weapons, like spread on LRMs and duration on lasers, the values they have right now isn't final, and if PGI keeps listening to the testers we'll see the LRM spread tightened and some lasers buffed.

#7 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:47 AM

View PostGentleman Reaper, on 14 September 2016 - 07:45 AM, said:

It didn't require nerfs, it actually required weapon buffs because they've always been balanced around alphas, what's happening now in PTS4 is PGI trying to normalize certain stats on weapons, like spread on LRMs and duration on lasers, the values they have right now isn't final, and if PGI keeps listening to the testers we'll see the LRM spread tightened and some lasers buffed.

And yet every single weapon except for lrm15 lrm20 and lbx are nerfed compared to live.
Dissipation is nerfed, capacity is nerfed.

Edited by davoodoo, 14 September 2016 - 07:47 AM.

#8 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:37 AM

View Postdavoodoo, on 14 September 2016 - 07:36 AM, said:

Agreed. I was optimistic at first but no longer a fan. When everything we have has to be changed to make ED work it is broken.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users