30 replies to this topic

#1 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:03 PM

went from closed beta to riiiiight before the PHX patched in.... what have I missed?
P.S. (not concerned about new mechs, I'm wondering about significant gameplay changes and things to look out for)

P.P.S (Yeah, I saw about dhekals)

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:22 PM

Energy Draw on the PTS may replace Ghost Heat. Tourney is a farce. Main client mostly unchanged since I think you were here for the Embiggening.

Also, hey Jux!

#3 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,967 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:27 PM

Er... lots and lots and lots of stuff.

Faction Play is the main focus of the developers' efforts right now.

We ditched IGP, which saw a huge increase in quality and quantity of changes to the game from PGI.

There've been a host of mechanics changes too numerous to list - check Smurfy's for a good overview. Essentially, Clan and Inner Sphere 'mechs are different in play mechanics, but intended to be roughly equivalent in power.

You want to use UAVs, Artillery (or possibly Air) strikes, Radar Deprivation, and Seismic Sensors as your GXP unlocks and module purchases.

And the game is still a lot of fun for quick play - though Faction Play needs a lot of work.

There are still many, many salty tears about anything PGI does - even when the Salt Islanders get what they said they wanted. They've mostly left the path of reason - ignore them and make up your own mind.

Finally, there's a ton of guys who haunt the newbie help forums - if you have any specific questions, let us know!

Edited by Void Angel, 14 September 2016 - 05:28 PM.

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:36 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 14 September 2016 - 05:27 PM, said:

Finally, there's a ton of guys who haunt the newbie help forums - if you have any specific questions, let us know!

Wow, "haunt" is a strong word but I get the hint.....

#5 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,967 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:59 PM

What hint?

#6 CheeseThief

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 580 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Black Stump

Posted 15 September 2016 - 01:44 AM

The biggest things that have been added to the game since it's launch are;

Host state rewind - Lag shooting is no longer a thing with elaborate time traveling physics now working for all weapons.

The Clans - A second faction with new mechs, weapons, equipment and omni-pod customisation.

Quirks - Mechs now have targeted stat boosts to diversify how different chassis and their individual variants play.

Working matchmaking - Solo queue is actually fun.

Faction Warfare - A somewhat lacking game mode where you bring a team of friends with 4 mechs each to do battle when the other team actually bothers to show up,.

Map overhauls - The latest renditions of Forest Colony and Frozen City are 5-10 times bigger than they were back in the Beta. Caustic Valley is also looking extra swish with a complete visual overhaul.

Ghost Heat - An anti-alpha mechanic was added soon after launch. It is soon going to get replaced by energy draw, a newer, shinier and less exploitable anti-alpha mechanic.

ECM is somewhat balanced - No longer the horrific magic Jesus box that is was during the beta, it is now merely a run of the mill magic box.

Those I would dare say are the biggest changes since beta.

If your asking what has changed since the Phoenix Hawk was added, well they rescaled a few mechs but otherwise sod all.

Edited by CheeseThief, 15 September 2016 - 01:47 AM.

#7 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:20 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 14 September 2016 - 05:27 PM, said:

You want to use UAVs, Artillery (or possibly Air) strikes, Radar Deprivation, and Seismic Sensors as your GXP unlocks and module purchases.

And the game is still a lot of fun for quick play - though Faction Play needs a lot of work.

There are still many, many salty tears about anything PGI does - even when the Salt Islanders get what they said they wanted. They've mostly left the path of reason - ignore them and make up your own mind.

Void Pretty much summed it up. Welcome back to the game.

#8 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 15 September 2016 - 10:57 PM

Most of the major changes since project Phoenix in late 2013 have been covered, but there have been a lot of other changes

I think the biggest unmentioned changes are,
Mech Scaling, instead of what someone thinke looks about right all Mechs ate now scailed based on volume and tonnage, this made some Mechs lok bigger and others look smaller.
The Lights especialy suffered wuth a few exceptions ( Locust was substantial shrunk and a few others got a bit smaller) most are now significantly larger.

I know you said you do not care about the new Mechs, but the way they are released has changed, new Mechs are put up for preorder about 4 months before they show up in game, then about 2 months after arrival in game they go up for sale for MC, and for Cbills about a month after that

#9 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:43 AM

wow, you have been gone a long time.. Has it really been that long since i seen you post?????????

Ok.. for you, the biggest GAME PLAY change will have been jump jets, and clans.. Everything else is you can expect tons more polish..

Tons of those long time issues since you last were around finally have been fixed.. :)

#10 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:01 AM

View PostJC Daxion, on 16 September 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

wow, you have been gone a long time.. Has it really been that long since i seen you post?????????

Ok.. for you, the biggest GAME PLAY change will have been jump jets, and clans.. Everything else is you can expect tons more polish..

Tons of those long time issues since you last were around finally have been fixed.. :)

No, no he played from closed beta until just before PXH, he wasn't gone that time. (I know this since he recruited me into my first unit. The Raven in my sig kinda matches his...)

#11 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:40 AM

LOL!

Yeah, I was here for most of that. Terc. got it right. I read the saltiness about the Hawk and ditched for awhile.

so... uh.. thanks for all the tips? And fish...

#12 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:43 AM

View PostTercieI, on 16 September 2016 - 04:01 AM, said:

No, no he played from closed beta until just before PXH, he wasn't gone that time. (I know this since he recruited me into my first unit. The Raven in my sig kinda matches his...)

Ohh my bad.. I confused the Phoenix, and the phoenix project.. http://mwo.gamepedia...Project_Phoenix

Big difference Posted Image my bad

But still.. lots of polish in the last bunch of patches.. read up.. many map fixes and QOL stuff

Edited by JC Daxion, 16 September 2016 - 04:45 AM.

#13 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 04:47 AM

View Postjuxstapo, on 16 September 2016 - 04:40 AM, said:

LOL!

Yeah, I was here for most of that. Terc. got it right. I read the saltiness about the Hawk and ditched for awhile.

so... uh.. thanks for all the tips? And fish...

About the PXH...it has issues. But it moves like a tiger on Vaseline and you can put some fun guns on it. Knowing you, you might really enjoy it. Worth a look for CB likely.

#14 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:10 AM

There are new colours for sale.....

#15 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:58 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 16 September 2016 - 05:10 AM, said:

? Don't think there's been a new color added since Resistance I

#16 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:32 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 16 September 2016 - 05:10 AM, said:

Not colors, But camo additions on some old IS mechs.. I forget exactly which ones, check patch notes if you care..

#17 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:06 PM

View PostTercieI, on 16 September 2016 - 04:47 AM, said:

About the PXH...it has issues. But it moves like a tiger on Vaseline and you can put some fun guns on it. Knowing you, you might really enjoy it. Worth a look for CB likely.

Heh, I "came back", then vanished again for two weeks, (working 12 hour shifts with an 1.5 hour ride each way; converting the old PX on Fort Gordon to an admin facility for the MP's, Levi has been coming home utterly fragged), So I still haven't actually played. Sudden bought of insomnia (exhaustion = unable to sleep? ThuFu?) means I'll toot around in training grounds for abit.

How's the wee one?

EDIT: OMG Patches! Ugh! I'm actually getting sleeping watching the patch progress bar!

EDIT EDIT: Yeah, you recall me and the meta parted ways ages ago, if the Hawk has a movement-fun vibe like you're describing I might just treat myself. ;) (Like, Easy Breezy Beautiful Spidergirl movie fun tiems?)

Edited by juxstapo, 22 September 2016 - 09:10 PM.

#18 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 09:15 PM

Unhkay patched...
...FPS counter? Like, large, obnoxious, 80's esque LED FPS counter?... did they patch in the DeLorean?

oh crap! Overwolf!.... Really?

#19 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 05:43 AM

View Postjuxstapo, on 22 September 2016 - 09:06 PM, said:

Heh, I "came back", then vanished again for two weeks, (working 12 hour shifts with an 1.5 hour ride each way; converting the old PX on Fort Gordon to an admin facility for the MP's, Levi has been coming home utterly fragged), So I still haven't actually played. Sudden bought of insomnia (exhaustion = unable to sleep? ThuFu?) means I'll toot around in training grounds for abit.

How's the wee one?

Sound like your life. :D She's not so wee, turns four on Monday. Hope all yours are keeping well.

View Postjuxstapo, on 22 September 2016 - 09:06 PM, said:

EDIT: OMG Patches! Ugh! I'm actually getting sleeping watching the patch progress bar!

EDIT EDIT: Yeah, you recall me and the meta parted ways ages ago, if the Hawk has a movement-fun vibe like you're describing I might just treat myself. Posted Image (Like, Easy Breezy Beautiful Spidergirl movie fun tiems?)

It's far from great, but I really enjoyed leveling them (and still take a couple out from time to time, notably a triple ERLL/ECM 1B).

#20 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:10 PM

4... wow... Posted Image . I've apparently been in cryo.

My two-drop session last night convinced me that I still love Wolfhounds (mostly because they're very "Stupid Mistake Forgiving"), and my Griffin's are suffering from a sudden torpor.. was that part of the embiggening? Or have they always been like that and I've just been away for awhile?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users