#1 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:05 PM

EVERY time its up as an option, it gets 0%

Youd think that PGI would break that telemetry down and realize they need to DO something with this map

#2 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:15 PM

Unless it's on Conquest mode, usually matches are one-sided, in the center. And even in Conquest, usually the side that won the fight at Epsilon, wins the match.

#3 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:16 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 14 September 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

Unless it's on Conquest mode, usually matches are one-sided, in the center. And even in Conquest, usually the side that won the fight at Epsilon, wins the match.

did you copy/pasta that lol

#4 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:16 PM

I mean... they said the revamp they are doing is extremely extensive. So, they are currently doing something about it. I am not sure why it is taking them so long to generate the map, however.

#5 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:18 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 14 September 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

did you copy/pasta that lol

No, Bandito copied it from me in the future.

#6 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:21 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 14 September 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

I mean... they said the revamp they are doing is extremely extensive. So, they are currently doing something about it. I am not sure why it is taking them so long to generate the map, however.

they need to make the $250,000 for he map, and that means moar packs

#7 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:23 PM

It's being changed soon...and thoroughly.

#8 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:26 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 14 September 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

Youd think that PGI would break that telemetry down and realize they need to DO something with this map

Yes, they should force people to play it. Posted Image

#9 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:43 PM

View PostMystere, on 14 September 2016 - 08:26 PM, said:

Yes, they should force people to play it. Posted Image

I guesws thatd be easier than making it a good map somehow

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,077 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:44 PM

its on the list. but i have a feeling they will ruin one of the best maps in the game.

or they could do a map like this:

Edited by LordNothing, 14 September 2016 - 08:51 PM.

#11 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:51 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 14 September 2016 - 08:44 PM, said:

its on the list. but i have a feeling they will ruin one of the best maps in the game.

.....something other than terra therma you mean?

cause fighting there is just stupid, There better be some king of unobtanium mine of a stupid size to make mech pilotd WANT to fight in that mess

#12 Trollfeed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:38 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 14 September 2016 - 08:51 PM, said:

.....something other than terra therma you mean?

cause fighting there is just stupid, There better be some king of unobtanium mine of a stupid size to make mech pilotd WANT to fight in that mess

I think it's the material used in that lattice that can endure inside active volcano and can stand hundreds of tons of mechs stomping on it. I would mine it and make mechs out of it.

But seriously, it would be much better map if they just removed the mount doom from the middle.

#13 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:42 PM

To be true, people vote for cold maps all the time because no one wants to be bothered with heat.

I vote for mordor everytime I see it. I don't like that map, not at all. But playing HPG or mining all day is kinda boring, too.

I hope they keep the map as hot as it is but change the layout and add some more unique places to fight over. But we'll see.

#14 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:01 PM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 14 September 2016 - 08:05 PM, said:

View Postdervishx5, on 14 September 2016 - 08:15 PM, said:

Simple: the map is designed for one and only one game mode
Although people are dense - and i fear we can delete all the other maps but canyon and skirmish

anybody a nuke in his pocket - have to level a planet

#15 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:08 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 14 September 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

The spacing isn't too bad. Looking at the command chair. this year from January to October maps have gotten a revamp. Next year i suspect new ones will be coming in. Since they finished up on the older ones except for tourmaline

Polar-jan

new map in march(the grimm looking one)

Frozen city rework in june

bog update

Terra therma redux

that's about 4 maps a year, somebody double check that for me. Also when they redid maps is was a whole new process. so that alone takes time.

about 4 next year and once they get the older maps out the way. New ones can be in the pipe

but as for the topic, people have a negative affluence for hot maps as is. I always choose terra when I get the chance, because I think it looks cool

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 14 September 2016 - 11:18 PM.

#16 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:36 AM

View PostTrollfeed, on 14 September 2016 - 10:38 PM, said:

I think it's the material used in that lattice that can endure inside active volcano and can stand hundreds of tons of mechs stomping on it. I would mine it and make mechs out of it.

But seriously, it would be much better map if they just removed the mount doom from the middle.

Most maps could be fixed with exactly that lol Alpine, Caustic, River city if you removed the citadel...

#17 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:08 AM

I actually have a pretty good winning percentage in Terra Therma ('archived' says 1.16 over 96 games and 'current' says 1.42 over 138 games). I think part of it is that I test all my builds by running through Tourmaline Desert to make sure it's not too hot of a build.

I honestly don't think Therma needs a lot of work done to make it viable, and I like the concept of 'Mount Doom' though it's implementation doesn't give people incentive to go in to fight. First I'd lighten up the map to make it easier to see, then I'd 'flip' the center platform to make it higher than the outer ring. I'd hang stuff from the bottom of the inner platform to prevent sniping from one entrance to the other, and raising up the inner platform will give the high ground to whomever gets it first. I'd also maybe add wires and stuff spanning across the lip of the volcano to disturb LRM volleys trying to go from one entrance to the other (but once you get close enough the lower direct fire arc would be clear).

The real problem is that when you have 24 people voting, in all likelihood the majority have normal or hot builds which will outvote those running cool builds, plus for its current layout brawling mechs won't vote for it either due to the difficulty of brawling in the center. I think putting all the cold maps into voting when Therma comes up would help it get chosen more (the hot builds will split the votes on the cold maps while all the cool builds will choose Therma).

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users