21 replies to this topic

#21 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 15 September 2016 - 04:39 PM

It is really hard for PGI to program ... anything.

#22 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:05 PM

I used clan ERPPC's for a LONG time at one point. Managed properly they can be very effective.

However, as the OP notes, and has been brought up over and over and over again (over the last 2 years +) is they have significant hit-reg issues.

I personally say that 20% to 30% of my shots in any given match fail to register, even when it "appears" I get a solid hit. Visual impact, red reticle flash, but zero damage.

Also they catch on "invisible terrain" like no other weapon I've used. Many clear line of sight shots simply fail / splash onto a terrain hitbox of some kind en route to target. I don't know if the different weapons have a "projectile size" or not, but PPC's always catch on things lasers and ballistics never do.

It's a frustrating weapon, with signficant bug issues. Then it's also saddled with crazy heat, and now upcoming, with high reload times & energy draw. They recognize it has good potential PPLD, however it has so many drawbacks that only a handful of builds can make strong use of them. Often times its the heavily ppc quirked mechs. Or a large clan mech that is undergunned with 2 ppc's and all the DHS you can stuff in. Running less than 24 DHS with 2 cerppc is problematic and niche. And even then it gets into some trouble.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users