#121 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:41 AM

View PostZolaz, on 21 September 2016 - 11:45 AM, said:

Just like everything else in MWO ... doesnt require any skill to get. Just open up your wallet.

Wow, for all the missteps one can at least say it is f2p. There is little that is p2w in the game, the closest you get is pfea (pay for early acces) which is fair considering they aren't running a charity.

#122 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:32 AM

fonts in the mech selection screen are still black and hard to read bc black on a black background.

#123 Aethermech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 06:26 PM

So question.... No hotfix Thursday after the patch?? WTH did PGI properly bug test a patch finally?? :P

#124 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:28 PM

View PostAethermech, on 22 September 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

So question.... No hotfix Thursday after the patch?? WTH did PGI properly bug test a patch finally?? Posted Image
There are no fixes for the _previous_ patch. What testing are you talking about?

#125 Rkshz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOdesa, Ukraine

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:43 AM

PGI I buy NG and I wanna play leaderboard event... but I'm waiting 15-20 min for a match... WHY???

Edited by Rakshaz, 23 September 2016 - 08:33 PM.

#126 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 23 September 2016 - 08:17 PM

View PostAramuside, on 21 September 2016 - 10:42 AM, said:

From memory xX Pug Xx fights IS as I saw him a couple of times last week?

Also not many streak crows in FW that I saw and definitely not in scout mode....

Edit: rather doubt you soloed a 4 man of stormcrows unless they were heavily damaged......

Never said I soloed them, but I did do most of the wrecking on them, and got the kills. It's more the fact all four of them were kinda tools and thought Crows would win the match for them. IS Street fighting on River City proved that thought wrong. Heinously so.

Do give cred to the last guy though, he wasn't in a Skillcrow. actually had his own build. Prob was, Stormcrows having those high arms kinda hooped his shots due to all that intervening cover. Whereas, well, the Yen-Lo is a great street fighter, specially for poking aorund corners.

#127 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,595 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:17 PM

Which is why you have to not get into a peeking war - though of course a lot of PuG gameplay trains people to do just that. I digress. The most effective teams I've been on -PuG or otherwise, have simply picked the best target on the enemy team and jumped the poor goombah with malice aforethought; quite a bit of afterthought, too. You can even use an XL with the right hardpoints or tactics, because if you start out hiding behind your teammates as you hit them, they really can't afford to hold fire trying to get to you - they need to focus (ahem) on firing at your team to favorably exchange damage.

PS: If your gun leaves scorch marks, you need a bigger gun.

#128 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostRakshaz, on 23 September 2016 - 03:43 AM, said:

PGI I buy NG and I wanna play leaderboard event... but I'm waiting 15-20 min for a match... WHY???

because people are flooding the heavy que.

STOP MAKING LEADERBOARDS FOR JUST ONE CLASS

#129 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,595 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 22 September 2016 - 02:41 AM, said:

Wow, for all the missteps one can at least say it is f2p. There is little that is p2w in the game, the closest you get is pfea (pay for early acces) which is fair considering they aren't running a charity.

Oh, no, no, you see it's all part of an Evil Scheme to defraud Honest Folk by selling 'Mech packs that are deliberately overpowered and mysteriously nerfed once they're available for c-bills! You know this is true because of all the Salt Islanders saying, "want to buy a 'mech pack?" This legitimizes every claim in the absence of evidence, making anyone who says it automatically edgy and smarter than the rubes (that's us.)

The problem is that "I'm angry at PGI because reasons" has become the basis for some people's reasoning, instead of a conclusion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they are not entitled to their own facts - particularly the "fact" of substituting a conclusion for an axiom of thought. Don't bother with reasonable critiques of their arguments - or reminding them of inconvenient facts like the Archer, Viper, and Phoenix Hawk. The reason that these people say things that are literally insane is that they deliberately refuse to think sanely about the particular subject of PGI.

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 23 September 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

because people are flooding the heavy que.

STOP MAKING LEADERBOARDS FOR JUST ONE CLASS

Well, it does help give them data about relative chassis strengths within a weight class. =)

It may also be his tier and playing times combined with the event.

#130 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:36 PM

View PostVoid Angel, on 23 September 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

Oh, no, no, you see it's all part of an Evil Scheme to defraud Honest Folk by selling 'Mech packs that are deliberately overpowered and mysteriously nerfed once they're available for c-bills! You know this is true because of all the Salt Islanders saying, "want to buy a 'mech pack?" This legitimizes every claim in the absence of evidence, making anyone who says it automatically edgy and smarter than the rubes (that's us.)

So I'm stupid for buying mechs? but.......the huntsman needs my purchase. How else can we be friendsPosted Image

Then again I am just one of the Rubes, so the mechs never want to let me ride em

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 23 September 2016 - 09:47 PM.

#131 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,595 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:35 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 23 September 2016 - 09:36 PM, said:

So I'm stupid for buying mechs? but.......the huntsman needs my purchase. How else can we be friendsPosted Image

Then again I am just one of the Rubes, so the mechs never want to let me ride em

Hey, I don't think you're a rube! I'm waiting for my Huntsmen myself. Posted Image But yeah, the Salt Islanders think we're stupid - they have to. If smart people could reasonably disagree over whether it's worthwhile to make purchases for this game, the Islanders would have to acknowledge the possibility of being wrong about PGI being stupid, venal, and (at the same time) diabolically clever at grifting the rubes (that's me!) out of cash. Otherwise, they'd have to question their core ideology - that PGI is incompetent and dishonest, and can never do anything right (meaning the way the Islanders wanted it.) They might try to soften it if they think they can get away with it, by patting us on the head and saying that we'd get it if we'd been around as long as they had: if only we were knowledgeable, we'd understand and agree with them ("you'll understand when you're a grown-up. Like us!") Yet no matter what way they formulate their arrogance, it all comes back to the fact of acknowledging that intelligent people can reasonably disagree with them threatens their MWO worldview.

One way out of this - other than returning to the path of reason - is to claim that all the real fans of Battletech are on their side. In this formulation, PGI just doesn't care about the "lore;" they don't really love the franchise, it's just a money tree for them. So they make stupid design choices that just pander to the "kids" who want "Call of Duty with 'Mechs," kicking the poor, longsuffering True Fans aside like poor widdle puppies. Rabid, verminous, hyper-aggressive puppies. With mange. I digress. When it's pointed out to them that they're still here, despite complaining venomously about everything, they invariably respond that they either don't understand economics have put so much money in that they feel entitled to have their way, or that this is the only place they can get their True Fandom Battletech fix, and that they'll be so gone as soon as Star Citizen the new Battletech game comes online!

What it really comes down to is that they're the abusive boyfriend who constantly complains about everything in the relationship, yet refuses to leave because they get a high out of being angry.

Edited by Void Angel, 24 September 2016 - 11:39 AM.

#132 Gutzlinger

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:04 PM

When do you think we will start seeing the proposed changes to faction play? Will they be coming in the next update.

#133 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,595 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 24 September 2016 - 12:13 PM

Ah, probably not - they seem to be working on that stuff concurrently. Faction Play is probably the more critical issue, but it's also the most extensive, and Energy Draw is also a big project. Then there's the overhaul of Assault mode that's been in the works for a while. I'm honestly not sure of the relative progress for those things, but I'd expect them to announce that they're getting close to finalizing Faction Play changes before they released them, and if I recall, they're wanting to get more of our feedback in another Town Hall or two for Faction Play.

#134 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:34 AM

Plus, according to a tweet a while back from Russ, there is some other new mode that "may make it out before redone assault" mode... so there's that in the works but that was the first and only thing I'd heard about other mode updates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users