Marauder Iic Release Event

1 reply to this topic

#1 Alphaeus

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:39 PM

I believe the skills emphasized by the MechWarrior Things event made me a much more versatile player; The Marauder IIC release event should emphasize similar skills. Here's what I have in mind.

For Marauder and Marauder IIC pilots the event should be about killing more of the opposite type of Marauder than the type you're piloting. So IIC pilots would be gunning for IS Marauders and vice versa. Those that own both would have a chance to play both sides of that rivalry. (Hint: It'd be a good time to make the IS Marauder a trial 'mech.) For all other players, bonuses are awarded for play behaviors that protect Marauders in the match (protection prod, ECM cover, savior kill, AMS cover, etc.). Based on leaderboard scores for play behaviors that protect Marauders, one leaderboard for each of the other chassix, the top X number of players would win their choice of IS Marauder variant.

#2 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:00 PM

Low level accounts will still farm, but I love the idea! I got used to grinding out the event in 2-3 hours and to hell with the leaderboard. I didn't even try on the Mechwarrior Things event because too much was stuff I would never do, ever. Like third person. But it was diverse enough that I got random injections (and a color that I actively tried for) to make it interesting to sign in and see what I had done.

Also didn't mind the the headhunting during the Cyclops event. That was a flavorful counter to the leaderboard.

Cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users