31 replies to this topic

#21 DDragon501

• Pip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:26 AM

Love how all this friendly rivalry is going and glad to see FP starting to heat up again.

That being said, I must point out what I believe to be an error on BaronDeath's part. In his latest post on this forum, he seemed to be calling BNB a merc unit, when it is in fact a loyalist unit. The reason they left Ghost Bear was they had some issues with a specific GB unit, a unit which ironically has been very inactive since around mid-September, despite its large unit size.

Anyways, keep up the good work everyone, and I'll see you all on the battlefield!

#22 Deadeye254

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:16 PM

I would like to clear the air once and for all about why BNB went clan wolf, yes we had beef with CGBI but let me explain why. Exactly two years ago today a player named Smoke254 passed away with lung cancer( he was my uncle) weeks before his death I often sat down beside him and talked about the up coming release of CW. We talked about taking our unit (at the time mind you we were in CGBI) and pushing to Terra and how cool that would be. He told me I was a good enough leader to take us there and the 254 as long as we stood together were unstoppable. After his death we fell apart scattered in the wind, 1.5 years later several of the 254 guys met at smoke's grave on Decoration Sunday we talked about the possibility of rebuilding our unit and leading CGB on the charge to Terra. After much encouragement from Shorty254( my dad smokes brother) I made the decision to do it, at 1st it was brutal there were 4 of us and we were bad out of practice. The game had changes so much we reached out to CGBI who were pretty much DOA at the time in FW joined our strength I made it very clear with that my goal was Terra they seemed all to happy to follow my lead things got better. In fact they started going well as the BNB grew and picked up momentum the mercs joined the fight and we really started to make it close to my goal. Then one day CGBI decides they don't like the mercs so we are no longer going south to Terra but any direction that would force the mercs to leave. Now I don't really care bout the mercs there nice guys fun to play with but I don't owe them anything however they wanted a fight with CJF and that's who just happen to be in my way of Terra so I made an agreement with them all was well for the CGB faction save we just didn't have the votes to pull it off. I was heart broken I love Clan Ghost Bear I truly do but I made a promise that nothing would get in my way of Terra and CGBI placed the entire faction directly in my way. Well the rest is pretty easy to figure out here BNB voted to go clan Wolf so far they have showed us the cooperation that we had hoped to get from CGB and we are pushing to Terra it was just a added bonus that we get to take CGBI's planets and kick them in the face along the way.
I did not do this so I could declare myself IlKhan I don't care bout some title in lore I did this because I made a promise to a dying man and you have no idea what I had to overcome this far both on the game and in RL. Maybe am a good enough leader and the BNB is a good enough unit to pull it off maybe not, but I will not let some unit decide BNB's fate without a fight if you want to stop me it will be on the battlefield CGBI not with a vote that's why this little war is happening.

Just a side note every night BNB takes a planet it is from the Smoke's revenge channel(that is our assault dropship) and we declare that we are building a statue in his honor he fights with us in spirit driving us forward our goal is Terra anyone who gets in the way of that is gonna loose. Sorry for the long emotional post but this means more to me than just a game or getting matches that's why things got so heated with me between CGBI and BNB I thought they were my ally's I certainly never thought they would be the ones getting in my way.

Edited by Deadeye254, 21 October 2016 - 02:02 PM.

#23 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:06 PM

To put it out there from the merc perspective:

The units that went to Ghost Bear (and later Wolf) just wanted matches. If there were regular IS opponents queuing up consistently, we would've been happy with that for the most part.

Fact of the matter was that there weren't. Voting for IS yielded maybe 2-3 matches a night, with the rest of the time being waitwarrior online.

The only other faction out there that had active player numbers in FW was Jade Falcon, and there are some players in their ranks that will cheerfully fight anyone, anytime. Others won't, and that's their prerogative. But as you saw when there was that initial move to Wolf, there were plenty of matches for the first couple of weeks. Interest died off after that (or in my case, I started getting home from work 7-8 hours later than I previously had been), and we've gotten to the current state of FW.

Whilst some individual mercenary units may have had rivalries with Jade Falcon units, that hasn't been the main reason that we all argued to fight JF. We did so because it was near guaranteed activity in that game mode, and a change of pace as far as tactics go.

For what it's worth, thank you to the Wolf loyalists who bought into the idea and let us experience it.

#24 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:40 AM

Deadeye, I salute you <0
Family is ALWAYS first.
I'll drop with you anytime, you ever need a wingman, drop me a line.

#25 JasonIIC

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:55 AM

From another perspective:

This situation escalated quickly, mostly due to things posted on these forums. When the influx of mercs initially happened, nobody minded. It meant drops, and drops were fun. When the mercs proposed to go up against JF, it caused CGBI to pause. Leadership was not initially outright against this, but there were other things to think about. First off, and spout all the hate you want, we are a lore based unit, and this was contrary to the lore. We know there are raids and feuds and all that, but during the Invasion, these were suspended. We had an open corridor through FRR and Kurita to keep pushing toward Terra, so fighting JF didn't make sense, at least from the lore standpoint.

The second, and probably most important point, was that CGBI had developed relationships with loyalist units, both within and without the faction. A sudden change in direction had the potential to damage those relationships. Again, this is not to say that the move would be outright blocked. There were going to be talks, at least before everything fell apart.

Then the flaming started. The merc's and BNB began taking the opinions of individuals from both sides and turning them in to policy. I can tell you that when things started, no official decision had been made. Unfortunately, two members of BNB very publicly started bashing CGBI on these forums. Given the long history between the groups, most of us were dumbfounded when this happened. At the same time, the groups that were upset with CGBI began to claim that we alone were blocking the move to fight clan v clan. Simple math will point out the fallacy in that. CGBI generally has between 20-30 active members. If everyone of them voted during each block (they didn't), we still don't have enough of a player base to single handedly influence the vote one way or another.

And then we can talk about family. When the attacks and vitriol happened, CGBI acted to protect the family. We preach this from the beginning. Whether CW or QP, the unit is a family. If a member is being attacked, the unit is being attacked. Personally, as an MWO player, I wanted matches, but as a part of this family, I didn't want to drop with people who actively attacked us.

For what it's worth, when I was a sibkin, my training officer took time to tell us about the fallen warriors. Duffanichta and Smoke254 both have Assault ships in our drop zone, and both have their place in our Remembrance. I'm glad I was able to drop with BNB before the rift happened, because I actually liked hanging out with the 254 crew. They are top tier pilots one and all, and seem like good guys in real life. There are good people on both sides of this feud. There is also passion on both sides. It is inevitable that there will be conflict when you have enough people who deeply care about something. I just think it's a shame that it ended up like it did.

o>

#26 Dreammirror

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:19 PM

Not sure about all this honor stuff, but we mercenaries love tacos, especially flavored with the salty tears our enemies as we crush them, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women! Oh wait, we went Kurita this week. Change "Tacos" to "ramen noodles" but keep the rest.

#27 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:57 AM

View PostDreammirror, on 21 October 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

Not sure about all this honor stuff, but we mercenaries love tacos, especially flavored with the salty tears our enemies as we crush them, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women! Oh wait, we went Kurita this week. Change "Tacos" to "ramen noodles" but keep the rest.

... are they SALMON tacos?

If not keep your stinking tacos!

#28 BaronDeath

• PipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOzark Highlands

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:28 PM

View PostDCT555, on 20 October 2016 - 11:26 AM, said:

Love how all this friendly rivalry is going and glad to see FP starting to heat up again.

That being said, I must point out what I believe to be an error on BaronDeath's part. In his latest post on this forum, he seemed to be calling BNB a merc unit, when it is in fact a loyalist unit. The reason they left Ghost Bear was they had some issues with a specific GB unit, a unit which ironically has been very inactive since around mid-September, despite its large unit size.

Anyways, keep up the good work everyone, and I'll see you all on the battlefield!

Thanks for the post.. did not intend to make it sound like that. We just know there are a lot of MERCs in Wolf at least currently and that post was also in response to the initial post.

#29 BaronDeath

• PipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOzark Highlands

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:42 PM

DeadEye, thanks for the share. Ironically, I too started the Arctotherium Brigade due to the death of someone that means the World to me. I have met many awesome human beings from all over the world, gained many many brothers, have had an experience of a lifetime already and it is most certainly more than "a game" for me. Again, we share sharp claws and teeth in common. Wolf and Bear Loyalists going after a common enemy would be a welcomed sight.

#30 Ghostryder

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:33 PM

CGBI's policy has not changed. Smoke254 remains one of our honored fallen. And while Deadeye's post was well written, the main issue arose because BnB wanted to fight Clan mechs. Something CGBI was adamantly opposed to. We had no treaties or agreements with IS factions, and they were our primary target.
To be clear, BOTH times BnB was starting out-first as 254, then BnB, CGBI offered them a home until they became stable. And our payment for brotherhood and acceptance was treachery. But that's fine. It's an online game, and there are more armchair Pattons than you could swing a stick at.
We will continue to do as we have, and let the forum warriors continue their campaign until they are again forced to lock a thread due to a unit's failure to behave. Maybe they can look into why every faction can post in every Other faction as well...Last I checked, BnB members were Clan Wolf.

#31 Ghostryder

• PipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:04 PM

Additionally, I am not adverse to 'burying the hatchet' where BnB is concerned. We have nothing to fear from them. We just choose to ignore them, and will advise to not mistake kindness with weakness. And there is nothing wrong with kindness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users