Inex Withdraws

7 replies to this topic

#1 SURUBAMAN

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:30 PM

Inferno Express [INEX ] has had fun, but the fun has come to an end as other issues in life has pulled too many of our registered participants away from the match schedule.

May the skills of the best teams be apparent at the finals for the world to see.

-SURUBAMAN

(Thanks in advance, Tina.)

#2 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 27 September 2016 - 03:12 AM

I'm very sorry to read that. You've already made the whole way...

#3 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 06:43 AM

With 4 games left =/

#4 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 10:39 AM

View PostTheMagician, on 27 September 2016 - 06:43 AM, said:

With 4 games left =/

In all fairness, what incentive do they have to continue?

After slogging it out through some of the most frustrating and exhausting scheduling for months, now that the top slots are basically locked - there is no reason for them to continue to force people to give up their weekend evenings for a video game.

I mean, my team played it until the end out of principle, but for a lot of other teams I really can't blame them at this point.

#5 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 02:04 PM

View PostUltimax, on 29 September 2016 - 10:39 AM, said:

In all fairness, what incentive do they have to continue?

For the fun of blowing up mechs, a bit of bragging rights and some good old fashioned fun.

The top slots were largely "locked" on day 1. D5's emergence as a top tier team is the exception, not the rule and while exciting, didn't change the standings for the vast majority of teams. We knew going in we'd try our best, have some fun and learn from it. And we did on all three counts.

Mags isn't bashing them for bowing out, but yea it's a legit "sad-face" moment when a competitive team bows out right before the end. It's a bit sad to see them quit so close to the finish line, where bragging rights and a good laugh about it are hanging out.

#6 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:11 PM

View PostLukoi Banacek, on 29 September 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

For the fun of blowing up mechs, a bit of bragging rights and some good old fashioned fun.

The top slots were largely "locked" on day 1. D5's emergence as a top tier team is the exception, not the rule and while exciting, didn't change the standings for the vast majority of teams. We knew going in we'd try our best, have some fun and learn from it. And we did on all three counts.

Mags isn't bashing them for bowing out, but yea it's a legit "sad-face" moment when a competitive team bows out right before the end. It's a bit sad to see them quit so close to the finish line, where bragging rights and a good laugh about it are hanging out.

My point was more that it wouldn't have killed PGI to offer like MC packs of varying sizes to teams beyond the top 5 for example.

Something for putting up with the heinous scheduling.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• 4,353 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:02 PM

View PostUltimax, on 29 September 2016 - 04:11 PM, said:

My point was more that it wouldn't have killed PGI to offer like MC packs of varying sizes to teams beyond the top 5 for example.

Something for putting up with the heinous scheduling.

Not that I disagree with you but your post didn't imply anything like that at all. Doubt anyone would take it that way. I could use some more MC myself :P

#8 Rathnor1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:32 PM

I always thought there would be some announcement about prizes to complete the competition, but I guess not. It will be fairly bitter for teams like INEX if something is announced after they withdraw so close to the end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users