Any Old Mechwarriorleague Players Around?

25 replies to this topic

#1 HatedOne

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:55 AM

Been 15 years and im playing mechwarrior again, life can be good at times. Was wondering if anyone from the good old days was around here? Be nice to meet up with some old farts . I went by HatedOne , Was in Venomous and Brisance mostly. Anyhow , its good to be back!

#2 BigBenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 571 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, SD

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:10 AM

I played in NBT-4, NBT-Mercs, and NBT-Hard Core from 2001 to 2005, roughly. I started in the ELH, then went to the Feds Suns were I spent most of my time, and then took over NWH for the last year or so. I kept the same name: "Big Benn"

Guild Wars came along and most of the NBT/MW players left to go chase fairies so the game and league lost most of its players.

#3 Bongo TauKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 559 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPain, Inner Perpihery, Lyran Commonwealth.

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:16 AM

I played in NBT as well with a stint in WAR! Online with Clan Star Adder.

#4 HatedOne

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 11:19 AM

Nice to know some old timers are still around.

#5 PurplePuke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 314 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:50 PM

Yeah I played in MWL. I was in V8i, as V8i Darkhorse.

I loved the brawling matches, where weapon range was restricted to 500 meters, I think. Or was it 600?

Anyway, went away from gaming for years to have a child and be an adult and stuff.

Started playing MWO in February 2016 or so. Having a grand time.

#6 Jiyu Mononoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

MW2 Netmech/Mplayer with Clan DragonWind (being Draconis peeps stuck in a clanner's world).
* not around anymore, but the mention warms the heart ;)

Edited by Freebrth, 19 July 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#7 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:12 PM

In Mw3 I played in the CZ NUA league under random units until settling into Clan Mongoose. CM_DrStoneWall

I was in the CZ Stock league I helped create under The Ancients. AncientxRock

I played about 6 months of NBT Mercs with the Dark Sun Renegades. DSR_StoneWall

Screenshot using The Wayback Machine of the team and roster before the MSN Gaming Zone went down.

Posted Image

Edited by Stone Wall, 19 July 2016 - 02:37 PM.

#8 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:46 PM

I was never a big fan of MWL (Mechwarrior Leagues) - many MWL regulars were very anti-Mektek and I loved everything Mektek.

However, in MW4 I did play MWL matches under RGMU_Corrine (Red Griffins Mech Unit), and later as Coolant with UK (United Knights), BS (Black Scorpions) and finally SEN (Sentinel).

Edited by Coolant, 19 July 2016 - 01:48 PM.

#9 thehiddenedge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 01:50 PM

Yup, I played a lot of Mechwarrior League as well as NBT throughout 4 and Mercs. Went by the name Pillager back in those days. Last unit I remember being in was the Bubblegum Avengers. Ah, how I miss competitive CTF...

#10 Stone Wall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina, USA

Posted 19 July 2016 - 02:33 PM

I liked the NBT leagues. Reminded me of playing Stock Mechs in MW3. You had to use what was available and work as a team.

#11 HatedOne

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:48 AM

View PostPurplePuke, on 19 July 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

Yeah I played in MWL. I was in V8i, as V8i Darkhorse.

I loved the brawling matches, where weapon range was restricted to 500 meters, I think. Or was it 600?

Anyway, went away from gaming for years to have a child and be an adult and stuff.

Started playing MWO in February 2016 or so. Having a grand time.

brawler matches were the best. so much fun... Venomous played with V8i as practice allies at times.

#12 Balthzar Hazen

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:59 AM

started playing MW1 (remember when PPC's were dots)

CZ
BZ
White Dragon Clan

NBT-4
NBT-MERCS
NBT- Classic
NBT- HC
MWL

Same callsign in all

Clan Steel Viper
Clan Jade Falcon

I miss the days of Pure Team V Team tactics with a game that was working towards balance. Not to get on a rant but the current state of CW and scouting is such boring repetitive predictable BS that I have basically not played in the last 2 months.

any old school NBT players interested in MRBC (MBRC) I can never get that right. let me know.

I saw XAVIER from NBT and tried talking with him but that league is all but dead at this point and its a flipping shame.

#13 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

NBT is supposedly coming out with a new automation (Xavier has been working on it for over a year) to replace the old clunky patched together one. I'm one of the head guys there but frankly even I'm skeptical at this point. But hey if it ever comes out it could be good. Will remove a lot of the issues the modern day user has with patience.

Don't hold your breath, but if it ever comes out we'll let you know.

#14 MaximusPayne

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 96 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:10 PM

I was introduced to the mechwarrior world with Mw2 on Mplayer with the Mplayer Netmech League back in the golden days of gaming. Also played in BattleZone league with Mw3 and Mw4 on the Zone. All with the Silent Dragons clan. Good times.

#15 Balthzar Hazen

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:12 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 20 July 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

NBT is supposedly coming out with a new automation (Xavier has been working on it for over a year) to replace the old clunky patched together one. I'm one of the head guys there but frankly even I'm skeptical at this point. But hey if it ever comes out it could be good. Will remove a lot of the issues the modern day user has with patience.

Don't hold your breath, but if it ever comes out we'll let you know.

its been a long time Dervish, its nice to see you.

#16 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,547 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 20 July 2016 - 01:17 PM

I never bothered with MWL because the level of play always seemed to be lower than that of NBT. I played in NBT all the way through Hardcore until its sad and inevitable demise. Ran under the same callsign for the latter half of NBT when I helped out Diamond Shark and got this bloodname, was just Quicksilver prior to that.

#17 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 20 July 2016 - 02:24 PM

MPBT3025, MW3, MW4 Represent

yea a few of us are still arround

#18 Doublefrost

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:18 PM

Hope nobody minds the gravedigging, found this through a google search on a whim. I was in the Mplayer Netmech league, too. I think we've had a couple matches way back when, HatedOne. I don't remember my handle from back then but I was in Konad's Bulldogs. I think I was only like... 13 or something like that? Been forever, seems like.

In a way, I'm glad I don't remember the name. It'd be embarrassing thinking that some of you might remember me as the knucklehead I used to be. Maybe we'll get to drop in a match together sometime.

#19 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:21 PM

Was in MWVL. Frequently a substitute pilot for other Clans. I forgot if my callsign back there was Eclipse, Archetype, or Pariah. I know I took on my current midway through my MW4 days.

Do not recall my name? Do not worry, I would not remember you, either. It was quite some time ago....

#20 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 September 2016 - 08:34 PM

Hey Hated One and Purple Puke. Long time no see. Remember me and Skippy from Kaos Legion? Were still around playing and doing FW stuff with other units with a unit of our own now since Kaos Legion pretty much died. If you want to get InTouch, send me a PM. Good to see other MWL players besides coolant and some of the Midnight Cobra guys still around after so many years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users