• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:56 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 04 October 2016 - 02:13 AM, said:

Funny story to contradict your assessment:
Yesterday (after dying of course as it is proper) I witnessed the last remaining member of our team - a Highland, built for brawl mostly - in almost perfect condition (>90%) hide near the farthest capture point, trying to farm wounded enemy mechs nearing him. Which was working apparently, since he said afterwards he got two KMDDs.

While this is a single incident, hiding still is prevalent in my experience.

Apparently that Highlander pilot hasn't understand yet what KMDD means... Posted Image

Then, this is entirely lack of comprehension of potatoes

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 04 October 2016 - 04:59 AM.

#22 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:29 AM

View PostCheeseThief, on 04 October 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

We tried that once. It resulted in people doing suicide runs in trial mechs to RNG their way to completion.

And which is why in the next event, the requirements became [1] win and [2] live. That was even more fun. Posted Image

View PostPaigan, on 04 October 2016 - 01:44 AM, said:

In the past, we had event conditions like wins.
People whined, because good players, team players got punished for getting dropped into a bad team.

Then we had killing blow event conditions.
People whined, because the team players AND damage dealers got punished and kill "stealers" were rewarded.

Now we have score and KMDD. Besides the score itself being a joke (see my signature), this is far more fair than the previous approaches.
And of course, people whine.

What can I say? The MWO player base leaves a lot to be desired. It seems like part of the cesspool-dwelling section of the gaming world moved here.

#23 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:44 AM

View PostMystere, on 04 October 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

What can I say? The MWO player base leaves a lot to be desired. It seems like part of the cesspool-dwelling section of the gaming world moved here.

No. Generalizing the population is not great either.

I'd say most of the wiser people have left the game, leaving to the rest of us with whatever remains.

Yay "quality" NPE (New Player Experience).... not.

#24 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 07:22 PM

View PostFuhNuGi, on 03 October 2016 - 04:46 PM, said:

Yes, in case you have not caught on... Current event, for all it's "fun rewards for playing", sets up a horrific "all about me" scenario... everyone is chasing that KMDD! I am seeing an even greater lack of team support than normal while everyone goes off chasing cookies hoping they will score more damage than the next guy while chasing that Locust with their Dire Wolf. Hands down, this event is setup to give Individuals a ribbon at the cost of team dynamics. How about it PGI, come up with an event that rewards team players, teamwork.. maybe throw a bone to the guys packing NARC and TAG and team assists. How about letting the guys playing for the team get some rewards. I run a boat quick text often.. I make up for this with a "useless" Kit Fox with AMS overload setup as a pure support mech. How about an event that rewards team players instead of a bunch of Individuals?

Tend to agree. All I can say is my personal performance is way, way down because I am focused WAY to much on trying to burn down a single mech enough to get a KMDD. If I get lucky and get one at the begining of my match, I settle down and play normal and usually have a good match, if not, I keep pulling stupid stunts like over extending which is getting me killed early and quick. I do usually manage my KMDD but it sure isn't helping my stats or worse, my team.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users