General

5 replies to this topic

#1 Osprey Hawk

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:25 PM

So I noticed that, for some strange reason, the Day resets at 8 PM Eastern US (or 7 PM Central where I play). I got home late from work today and I had all four weight classes with KMDDs by 8 PM (Cent). I checked the site to double check that I did earn all 4, but NOPE

For some stupid reason, the clock turns over to the next day well before it should.

I mean, come on! Why doesn't it change on 12 AM Eastern? Why **** up the effort of those who can't stay up past midnight/work late or even bother to mention the odd day change in the first place?! I missed out on not just the two from today, but the four from the 1st because I started AFTER the clock changed to the 2nd while it was clearly still the 1st in the Continental US in all four time zones.

It doesn't help that you aren't emailing announcements about these challenges. Just the new Mechs. I don't even get replies about forum topics I'm following.

#2 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:26 PM

12 AM GMT

#3 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:33 PM

It changes over at 12am GMT.

Are you sure you didn't get credit? The match results are posted every hour, on the hour - Are you sure the clock has ticker an hour over from when you finished?

#4 Mole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:33 PM

Could it be because PGI is basing this event on a different timezone than the Eastern United States? No. Certainly not. There is no world beyond the Eastern United States. It couldn't be resetting at 12:00AM UTC time, which is one of the times they are measuring this event by at the top of the page.

#5 A W 0 L

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:39 PM

I really think that PGI should announce event 3-5 days before they start including a countdown timer to start time so we have time to plan ahead (especially when daily challenges are involved)!
The event days however follow UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) which I think is ok for an international player base, I know I am 13 hours ahead.

#6 Idealsuspect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

I guess on first day of event the counter was following UTC + 2 hours and one or two days after it was based on UTC + 0 hours time..

Don't know why but i did notice it coze the first day counter was reset at midnight on my clock, i am UTC + 1 and we are now in summer clock it add +1 hour to UTC standard also UTC + 2 for now.
Now it reset a 2 AM also UTC time like all events.

Thats why OP is a bit wondering i guess.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 03 October 2016 - 06:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users