#1 The Lobsters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 269 posts
  • LocationLocation Location.

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:39 PM

Hello chaps,

I rage-quitted after the Phoenix Hawk patch. With it being such a poor mech and on top, one of the early adopter rewards being rendered useless by the minimap 'improvement' it all seemed like PGI were asleep at the wheel.

That patch turned me into a bittervet, and I hate being a bittervet. I'm usually a glass half full dude.

So, not having played since then and considering coming back my question is.. Has much changed that I can be positive about. Is the PHX still as much a turkey as it was? Any game improvements since then to dissuade my negativity?

I'm not looking to bash PGI (honest), just trying to find the love again.

#2 Peter2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:46 PM

There won't be a rebalanced of mechs I'd wager until ED either has gone live and tested or thrown out

So if it's an issue with mech balance
No nothing has really changed Bro
KDK 3 still reigns supreme
Phx hawk kinda rare to see for good reason I'd say

#3 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:50 PM

If energy draw isn't a hit, I seriously think that's it for this game. CW3 and the light nerf were where I drew the line and left. If this flops..... I sure hope they nail it.

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 03 October 2016 - 07:51 PM

The overall feel/state of the game is the same as it has been for almost forever. Basically, not much has changed other than a few superficial details (e.g. new mechs etc).

Make of that what you will.

#5 Simbacca

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 797 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:09 PM

View PostFupDup, on 03 October 2016 - 07:51 PM, said:

The overall feel/state of the game is the same as it has been for almost forever. Basically, not much has changed other than a few superficial details (e.g. new mechs etc).

Make of that what you will.

And the issue of power creep, power creep, power creep.

#6 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 08:14 PM

the mini map has come a long way from the rocky launch of it.. It has many new functions now. It just took some getting used to.. but you know how it is.. many people don't like any change at all.

Re-balance is in the works.. no idea on when it is going live.. I think right now they are working on re-doing all the quirks.

there is a neat event going on that you just need one KMMD a day in each class, and get 40 points total to get all the rewards, though i think if you get more, you get more of a c-bill bonus. Easy event, nothing wrong with popping in and seeing if you have fun..

Besides if you are in to clans, they original 8 are 35% off, so a good time to grab one if you have been wanting one. :)

View PostSimbacca, on 03 October 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

And the issue of power creep, power creep, power creep.

I think the kodiak and Night Gyr are going to be brought back in when ED/balance goes live...

#7 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:42 PM

No, it's not worth it. I'm only still playing because this is the only game that me and 10+ other friends can all agree on and play together. If there were something else that "clicked" for all of us, we'd be gone by now.

Damn games and their 3-4 player limits!

Also, KDK-3 is still op. PGI has done nothing to address that mech. No content for ~6 months, just mech packs. It's more stagnant than a cemetery.

#8 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:45 PM

Wasn't worth leaving. Why should it be worth joining again?

#9 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:28 PM

You're free to draw your own conclusions...

The core game is the same. Drop in a match, shoot other mechs. You win, you lose, you live, you die. Rinse repeat.

If you're here hoping for something that drastically changes that routine, I'm at a loss.
If you're here hoping for something that livens up that routine... I'm afraid you haven't been gone long enough.

Pheonix Hawk was only, what, 6 months ago? Did you honestly think that so much has changed after 6 patches, when you consider the last 4 years? I see you're new from Nov 2015... So unfortunately we don't have the luxury of memory on your side to help you understand. But it takes about 10-14 months for PGI to put something "Major" out.

If you want that something... Don't bother coming back until you hear what they have to say in December. And when they announce "Jazz Hands, coming in Q2 of 2017", then you come back in Q3 of 2017.

I'm not being snide, I'm being realistic, because what I see is that you have expectations that are simply going to be crushed, and I'm helping you lower those expectations.

4 months away from this game is like closing your Facebook tab, only to habitually reopen it 15 minutes later with the expectation that something amazing happened.

But like I said, you draw your own conclusions. So the caveat to everything I just said is that I'm a bored gamer who has $1000+ invested into this game and I don't even think I've hit the 100 matches mark to meet the Loyalty bonus criteria this year.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 03 October 2016 - 10:41 PM.

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:30 PM

nope. try buying a mech pack. that is sure to make things better.

#11 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 11:53 PM

A bittervet? With a join date that's not even a year old?

#12 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:02 AM

By the time you wrote this OP and wait for some random answers from some random players, you could have downloaded the game and drawn your own conclusions by playing it yourself.

But why make it simple when it can be complicated, right? Posted Image

#13 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:28 AM

Maybe come back after MechCon since we can't announce things earlier even though we have asked for over a year what the hell are they doing.

#14 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:38 AM

You should ask Russ on Twitter if it is worth coming back. When he gives you his canned response, just ask him "Why?".

#15 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:50 AM

I dont own or pilot Kodiaks but they after some observation (though it could be that the pilots didnt torsotwist) seems.. hmm frail regarding the CT. Could do with sme CT buffs but remove most if not all other quirks.

I dont fear the Kodiak because of a few things. It will be a main target by most players, it makes pilots understimate the (IMO better assaults) Daishi, Atlas and other assaults. And once you know it strenghts, use that to exploit its weaknesses.

I like the phoenix hawk, yet it need serious arm buffs.

And I hope the whinecrowd, some comp players and bittervets wont be heard bitching about the ED if they dont spill some constructive "advice" to PGI.
Get out of the comfort zone. A healthy meta is an everchanging one. IMO the ED can make that even better. However! Im sure It will need more tweaking after insertion. To please most without wrecking the c-zone..
The ED looks promising and I hope it will promote more interesting builds. Sure its not the best MWO could get for a system but better than the Spooky heat Posted Image

Edited by Tordin, 04 October 2016 - 08:51 AM.

#16 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:59 AM

Two key dates:

1) Mech con- when they tell us what's going to happen

2) End of January-to see what actually happens

Consider the game state at the end of January and decide if it's worth playing longer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users