#1 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:49 AM

Hello all,

I'd like to see an event in the works for this November 11th. I dunno about you but I'd like to step away from "X# of KMDD/Kills" Because November 11th is important I'm willing to endure the trolls and the flamers to help garner attention to the possibility that PGI will pick it up and run with the idea.
As a Community, we've done it before for Sarah and the Sarah Jenner campaign. So its not impossible.

Give a Warrior an Assist: November 10th. 24 hr period
(Keeping November 11th as a day of Remembrance)

Specifics: For every 10,000 Assists/ Light/Medium Proximity Protection/recorded in the 24 hr. period,
PGI will donate $.25 to a local Royal Canadian Legion or Veterans Association.
OR for every MC spent/bought etc., PGI will donate X.

PGI - This could be the Legion Hall in YOUR neighbourhood. Really good PR here for you, from both the Community and your city community. Ie. Royal Canadian Legion Branch 176, at 1407 Laburnum Street, BC

OR the Canadian Veteran Affairs Association, your pick PGI.

I'm throwing this idea out there for multiple reasons. Among which I'd like events to have some RL context and I'd like our events to have a bit more impact and meaning. This is a Warrior based game after all. I know many of the community have closed their wallet, but would this be something many would? Or are we too entrenched or jaded?

Your thoughts, ideas are welcome and thanks for your input.

Edited by rolly, 07 October 2016 - 10:56 AM.

#2 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 06:56 AM

You know what, good idea. If events end up being things that will benefit others, then that justifies the weird ga me play that they bring and justifies the money I've spent. I'm all for this idea!

#3 Shiroi Tsuki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:57 AM

100% support. I hope PGI sees this

#4 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:54 PM

I like the idea but it needs a bit more. I think crank up kill assists rewards 2-3x the normal rate. Tag/narc assists add 2% more c-bill and xp. Counter ecm xp and c-bills add 2%. Jack up every thing for assists so the game actually rewards players to do it so they will want to assist. I'm one of those also tired of the most-damage=event reward. Time for the scouts and mediums to rock and roll.

#5 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:19 PM

I support this idea but remain cynical PGI will want to part with a penny of their precious cash to help veterans.

#6 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

Since 80% of their audience (guess) is American, I'd bet they'd ignore our Canadian Vets and cater to the larger market.

I hate saying that, but unless proved otherwise I believe that's how PGI will think.

#7 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

Actually, us US guys are big fans of Canada and their Vets so don't be so quick to judge.

This idea is great, but I'd offer it's entirely placing the onus on PGI, a relatively small business.

I'd offer that WE can contribute to this:

Have PGI sell players some hanging item to commemorate the event that costs .25c of MC or some similarly small number and THOSE players who generate an assist get posted against the arbitrary number proposed above which periodically triggers a donation by PGI.

What ya think? I'd chip in for said item and generate some assists.

#8 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:35 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 07 October 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

I like the idea but it needs a bit more. I think crank up kill assists rewards 2-3x the normal rate. Tag/narc assists add 2% more c-bill and xp. Counter ecm xp and c-bills add 2%. Jack up every thing for assists so the game actually rewards players to do it so they will want to assist. I'm one of those also tired of the most-damage=event reward. Time for the scouts and mediums to rock and roll.

Oh I completely agree. My original idea had a lot more, but then I had to water it down because um... well... PGI. I wanted to make it manageable for PGI to increase the likelihood of such an event happening. I didn't want to set my hopes TOO high.

The reason why I chose local is that it makes it easier for PGI, less red tape and they can write off the charitable donation. I think given the amount of money raised for Sarah (when this community was smaller) we can do it again.

Edited by rolly, 07 October 2016 - 04:43 PM.

#9 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 07 October 2016 - 08:08 PM

I like the idea but one step better..

Have it on twitch as a special event so anyone that wants to donate can as I cant see PGI giving money away but hype it up to no end on twitch and donations to xyz charity of PGI's choice and hope its to a vet charity.

I ran several charity's on twitch and people are very generous with charity's in general but PGI has to do it and hype it.

#10 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:20 AM

BUMP. Arise Necropost ARISE.

I would really like to see this happen. I'm hoping that some of you can join the fray and discuss what you think about this idea.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users