No replies to this topic

#1 Mythrell

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:25 AM

Hello fellow MechWarriors!

I've been a huge fan of MWO ever since the beta, but alas I really don't have much time to play it. One of the reasons is simply that multiplayer games are endless, and thus they offer only a little reason to keep playing because.. well, there's no end to it.

So, I believe that I'm not alone in still hoping for a single player / Co-op campaign, and yes, this has been dreamt on many many times on many other threads over the years.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that originally it was intended that MWO would follow the "Mechwarrior Timeline" with releasing mechs, obiviously that has been kind simplified to just releasing all the cool mechs whenever, as it probably makes more sense in online environment.

Certainly there are all kinds of balance issues and what not which makes that not every mech is viable anyways.

However, in a single player campaign you could totally nerd out with mechs, going according to the timeline, so we would finally get that satisfaction we kind of missed on with the MWO.

You could even go and do the historical battles campaign and even start with the Mackie against the four remote-controlled Merkava heavy tanks as a tutorial, I mean that would be pretty cool.

Ok, I have to admit, I don't know that much about the BattleTech lore, but I've been salivating over the wiki many times over the past years ever since MWO came out.

In anycase, after that long rambling, I just feel like the community in MWO has been small for so many years, and I know that there are a lot of guys who would love to play another single player Mechwarrior game but are not that much interested in the online gaming, or would just love a little bit easier start than straight out of the box pvp environment. Plus in the world of arena shooters / FPS multiplayer games, let's be honest, the idea rests solely on the Mechs being awesome (or sometimes Atlas).

I feel like the game has pretty much all the elements already, sure you would need to make some new maps and some new mechs, but it's not like you couldn't make money out of them by selling them to general MWO players. Developing AI shouldn't be that hard at this day and age, I think that CryEngine has pretty good support for that already.

Add few voice actors, write a decent story, make few cinematics and throw in few good songs and you have a game which you can easily compare to all previous single player MechWarrior games. Add Co-op game play and possibility to go on full multiplayer mayhem after you've finished and you can easily top all the previous ones. Let's be honest, most of the people are PvE players anyways, as they think that PvP takes too much skill to be fun.

You could probably charge 20 - 30 bucks for a decent 4 - 5 hours campaign, it probably wouldn't be that hard to just sell that as an DLC to the MWO.

And most importantly, you could finally sell something else than those damn mech packs. Posted Image

Well, at least I finally came out with my dream. And apparently it was Bullocks dream as well https://www.rockpape...-but-its-tough/

It has been 4 years, and I really think that with the current stuff already in game, you could make it kind of cheap now... or if you want to test the water, do the kickstarter. The community kickstarts new mechs every day anyway, I'm sure people would chip into single / Co-op campaign as well, specially if you give them the mackie into online game as well. Posted Image

Edited by Mythrell, 10 October 2016 - 02:37 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users