Any Good Artist Want To Redesign Insignia?

29 replies to this topic

#21 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:54 PM

View PostWolf Ender, on 11 October 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

do not mess with the classic Clan Wolf logo. It's the best one.

In your opinion.

#22 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 11 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

View PostWolf Ender, on 11 October 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

do not mess with the classic Clan Wolf logo. It's the best one.

View PostImperius, on 11 October 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

In your opinion.

Opinions are just like people's rear ends. Everyone has one, and despite science's advances, we still don't know how to keep future generations from having them.

Also, I thought of bringing an anime pic in, but then I realized that posting something from 4Chan risks summoning the dark spirits to this realm, and I don't want that.

Edited by RestosIII, 11 October 2016 - 02:23 PM.

#23 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 02:49 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 11 October 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

Opinions are just like people's rear ends. Everyone has one, and despite science's advances, we still don't know how to keep future generations from having them.

Also, I thought of bringing an anime pic in, but then I realized that posting something from 4Chan risks summoning the dark spirits to this realm, and I don't want that.

Posted Image
So after reading this if I did make one my approach would be to take a shark and infuse it with diamonds with a sea fox in its mouth. Then have a raven or two flying above.

Obviously the shark to model after is the megalodon and it will be based of this drawing I found. Take all the pointy stuff and texture and blend in diamonds etc and you'll get my rough idea I'd go for.
Posted Image

Then I would symbolize it and simplify it in illustrator to fit MWO's decal standards.

What do you think?

#24 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:11 PM

View PostImperius, on 11 October 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

So after reading this if I did make one my approach would be to take a shark and infuse it with diamonds with a sea fox in its mouth. Then have a raven or two flying above.

Obviously the shark to model after is the megalodon and it will be based of this drawing I found. Take all the pointy stuff and texture and blend in diamonds etc and you'll get my rough idea I'd go for.
Posted Image

Then I would symbolize it and simplify it in illustrator to fit MWO's decal standards.

What do you think?

Personally, due to the small amount of art we have, I always viewed them as oversized Tiger Sharks mixed with Desert Spiny Lizards.

Posted Image

In regards to your choice though, I quite like it, but it seems a bit busy. Keeping Snow Raven out of the picture would probably be for the best, but I do think hinting at Sea Fox in it somehow would be interesting. This is all coming from a talentless hack though, so...

Posted Image

#25 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:35 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 11 October 2016 - 03:11 PM, said:

Personally, due to the small amount of art we have, I always viewed them as oversized Tiger Sharks mixed with Desert Spiny Lizards.

Posted Image

In regards to your choice though, I quite like it, but it seems a bit busy. Keeping Snow Raven out of the picture would probably be for the best, but I do think hinting at Sea Fox in it somehow would be interesting. This is all coming from a talentless hack though, so...

Posted Image

Basically a shark with a limp (non graphic sea fox in its mouth) and a tiny raven flying above.
http://www.sarna.net..._Shark_(species)

#26 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:41 PM

View PostImperius, on 11 October 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

Basically a shark with a limp (non graphic sea fox in its mouth) and a tiny raven flying above.
http://www.sarna.net..._Shark_(species)

Yeah, MW:O forums hate Sarna links due to the ) at the end of it getting cut off. Anyways, the basic design you've listed there sounds good. I'd still think that having anything relating to Snow Raven in it would be iffy though, but we WERE fine with them after performing the right of surkairede, so it's entirely up to you on if you think it'd be fine.

#27 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:52 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 11 October 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

Yeah, MW:O forums hate Sarna links due to the ) at the end of it getting cut off. Anyways, the basic design you've listed there sounds good. I'd still think that having anything relating to Snow Raven in it would be iffy though, but we WERE fine with them after performing the right of surkairede, so it's entirely up to you on if you think it'd be fine.

Dunno it was just an idea but it seems like they created the shark. It would be easy to remove if it didn't look good. Normally when concepts are done there are a lot of brainstorming and then after your idea is realized you refine and refine until your happy. Honestly and sadly I don't see too many that are diamond shark supporters. So your feedback is quite important since you're the only one that probably really cares.

Edited by Imperius, 11 October 2016 - 03:52 PM.

#28 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:00 PM

View PostImperius, on 11 October 2016 - 03:52 PM, said:

Dunno it was just an idea but it seems like they created the shark. It would be easy to remove if it didn't look good. Normally when concepts are done there are a lot of brainstorming and then after your idea is realized you refine and refine until your happy. Honestly and sadly I don't see too many that are diamond shark supporters. So your feedback is quite important since you're the only one that probably really cares.

Basic summary of how it all went down.

Posted Image

So technically Diamond Shark and Snow Raven are on good terms at this point, but it's entirely up to fan interpretation as to how chummy they are. And there are Diamond Shark supporters out there, we're just far and few between. I'd have stronger opinions about Snow Raven if we had more data on them, but sadly, outside of the Jihad era, the smaller Clans and Warden Clans mostly get ignored.

#29 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:10 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 11 October 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

Basic summary of how it all went down.

Posted Image

So technically Diamond Shark and Snow Raven are on good terms at this point, but it's entirely up to fan interpretation as to how chummy they are. And there are Diamond Shark supporters out there, we're just far and few between. I'd have stronger opinions about Snow Raven if we had more data on them, but sadly, outside of the Jihad era, the smaller Clans and Warden Clans mostly get ignored.

I was just thinking it wouldn't hurt to give a small kick back is all I was thinking. Let's see what I can do I guess. When I feel in the mood. I'm not gonna promise you it in 90 days ;)

#30 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:14 PM

View PostImperius, on 11 October 2016 - 04:10 PM, said:

I was just thinking it wouldn't hurt to give a small kick back is all I was thinking. Let's see what I can do I guess. When I feel in the mood. I'm not gonna promise you it in 90 days Posted Image

Yeah, promising people things usually ends up like this:

Posted Image

(Was planning on saving that for when I was super disappointed in something, but my gif collection is getting too large and I need to use them as much as possible so I don't feel like I'm wasting them)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users