#1 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAnywhere and everywhere....

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:02 PM

Hello,

I am inquiring some info for when I sell my Timber wolf. I have already mastered this mech and am looking to sell the c variant. Now my question is, if I strip off the head and legs to sell separate, will I rack in more credits or does it not matter. I of course will be keeping the arms and torso for experimenting with different builds.
If anyone can enlighten me with the answer to my question, that would be great.

Thanks....

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:19 PM

you can sell just the chassis, or you can sell it with everything attached to it (item value)

Even if you sell the chassis and then later sell the pods you will get the same amount of c-bills back either way.

So you cannot game the system to make extra c-bills.

#3 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,950 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:54 PM

It doesn't matter; the game totals up the resale value of all the individual components, so selling them separately makes no difference whatsoever.

#4 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:01 PM

I'd try to keep it if possible, doesn't the -C have an energy hardpoint in the CT?

The CT is what you're selling on an Omnimech, all other pods can be kept just like an engine or a laser.

#5 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,157 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:46 PM

View PostOmniseed, on 12 October 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

I'd try to keep it if possible, doesn't the -C have an energy hardpoint in the CT?

The CT is what you're selling on an Omnimech, all other pods can be kept just like an engine or a laser.

^This. Why on earth would you sell a TBR-C? It's pretty great (mine is named Karen and we have had some *very* good times). ;)

#6 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 09:17 PM

View PostOmniseed, on 12 October 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

I have the TBR-A that also has an energy hard point and the TBR-S that has a rocket booster in mid (my fav version). The tbr-c was just so I could get my mastery, and also the TBR-A has artemis already installed....I really only need two versions, the c is just an extra really.

#7 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 13 October 2016 - 02:14 AM

View PostTercieI, on 12 October 2016 - 08:46 PM, said:

^This. Why on earth would you sell a TBR-C? It's pretty great (mine is named Karen and we have had some *very* good times). Posted Image

Wait a minute, MINE is named Karen and we're having some *very*...OMG I knew it.

<<heads to mech lab to talk to Karen>>

Seriously, OP, you're flushing a $12 or so mech to free up a $2 mech bay. Stand by your TBR (even if she's two-timing you).

#8 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 03:50 AM

View PostHunka Junk, on 13 October 2016 - 02:14 AM, said:

Wait a minute, MINE is named Karen and we're having some *very*...OMG I knew it.

&lt;&lt;heads to mech lab to talk to Karen&gt;&gt;

Seriously, OP, you're flushing a $12 or so mech to free up a $2 mech bay. Stand by your TBR (even if she's two-timing you).

LOL. That's what I get for ignoring her of late. My bad. ;)

#9 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 04:53 AM

View PostHunka Junk, on 13 October 2016 - 02:14 AM, said:

<<heads to mech lab to talk to Karen>>

Lolz....Yea I guess, I did grind to get the c, and I just checked to see for how much it sells and I'm getting hoodwinked for at least 7,000 creds....That's a deep hit.

#10 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:36 AM

And suppose three months from now the C gets quirked. Or, maybe they change drop deck rules and you wanna run 3 TBR's.

#11 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,157 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 06:45 AM

View PostPuerto Rock Punisher, on 13 October 2016 - 04:53 AM, said:

Lolz....Yea I guess, I did grind to get the c, and I just checked to see for how much it sells and I'm getting hoodwinked for at least 7,000 creds....That's a deep hit.

Selling mechs is rarely worth it. For good variants, keep them even if you're not in love with them currently. Mechbays cost between $1 and $2. However you value your time, rebuying mechs hurts.

#12 Nerd Incognito

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 59 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:13 AM

Don't do it! There's just too much fun to be had!

Have you tried the Dunali build yet? It makes me giggle whenever I get a nice up-close-and-personal map...and most of the time on the larger maps, too. It's not my highest damage mech, but it's like a mobile wrecking ball, with my best KMDD and solo kills--and component destruction galore.

#13 Jaguaar

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 13 October 2016 - 07:38 AM

My advice, like others here, would be to never sell mechs in your garage. You are better off doing the following: Pilot a a mech with CB bonuses, Make sure to have premium time active, and join some matches. Even if you do an average job in a drop, you will see between 100k and 300k in C-Bills for the match. (I have gotten over 400k doing well) It doesn't take long to rack up and surpass the C-Bills you would gain from selling a mech. (not to mention the experience you get from playing more)

So... get in there cadet and shoot something!!!!!

#14 John1352

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,025 posts
  • LocationConnecting....

Posted 13 October 2016 - 08:16 AM

If there is one mech in the game you shouldn't sell, it's a Timberwolf with energy in the CT. It's just an all around great chassis, in competitive play like MRBC it is seen with more variation in weapons than any other mech. Dual gauss, SRMs and SPLs, UACs, 2 PPCs and gauss, various laser vomit builds are all common, regardless of the overquirked heavy mech of the month.

#15 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:08 PM

You don't even need to stript the parts or omnipods, the game will have equipment and omnipods separately, on the sale screen, so from there you can choose to keep them all. Just try it, it will have a final confirmation before actually selling anything.

Of course later selling any omnipods is tad difficult, because the intentory where you sell them, won't display their stats, or others you currently have installed, so you need to take a note about what you want to sell, and then go to inventory and sell them.

Like for example I've mastered Dire Wolf and Mist Lynx, from first one I've sold one mech and from second I've sold two. And I have lots of different omnipods for each. Not just the ones that came originally with each variant but others and more.

Some are simply extra of the same, or essentially duplicates of other omnipods(having no quirks and same hardpoints as some other variant). So it would be really tedious to look what you could sell.

Edited by Teer5, 13 October 2016 - 09:10 PM.

#16 Puerto Rock Punisher

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 81 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:48 AM

I actually wanted to run this by anyone....
This is a question pertaining artemis, what is better to run for lrm's. Should I go with 4 lrm-5's, 2 lrm- 10's or 2 lrm-15's. The 20's are just overkill and the tonnage is not worth it to me.

Any opinions or builds that you might like to share?

Thanks....

Edited by Puerto Rock Punisher, 14 October 2016 - 05:04 AM.

#17 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 14 October 2016 - 08:11 AM

In ansewr to the question about LRMS it depends.
From what you are said I asume you meen the with artemus varients
4 ALRM5 would reload faster than the larger launches, can be chainfired to keep the enemy shaking and disorientated, or you can alpha for a 20 damage punch which is more effective if the enemy have AMS, ALRM5 is very tight spread, especially if backed by TAG, and will mostly hit CT when chain fired.
If I was to take aLRM5 I would want 5 or 6 to get a continuous stream of missiles rather than having a second gap between shooting

The ALRM 10 are the best compromise, less spread than the 15 but not as rapid fire as the 5, but I would usuly take 5s if I had the hardpoints for 5+ ot 15s if I had the tonnage

As for the 15, it has slower cycle time than the 10 or 4 and more spread, but the spread is manageable, especialy if you chain fire for less spread, if there are 2-4 hardpoints ans is sufficient free tonnage I would usualy take 15s

Just remember the more missiles you fire at once the more they spread out

#18 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 15 October 2016 - 05:47 AM

When I first started playing and buying Mechs I sold some that I didn't like and it was a mistake, you lose money and later on I wished I had kept them because I wanted to experiment with some of them. Now I keep everything I buy and the ones I don't like I completely strip of weapons, ammo, modules, xp, etcetera which then become available to use on my other Mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users