#41 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostUberStuka, on 19 October 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

ppl stack the CJF que because it touches every faction in game almost. its the best place to get a drop ATM

No, any IS can defend against cjf even if it had only one planet to attack from.

Edit: nvm i see what you are saying... people play as green birds for the options.

The point is that regardless of the reward penalties, cjf continues to have the largest single faction *active* player base. At least during EST 9am to 6pm (when i typically play) it is. The IS as a whole can barely match the number of attackers.

We drop hoping to get a match with team with a bit of parity and sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't.

Cjf has some really good players, i get it. But its not helping the game and you will eventually run out of pugs to farm.

At this point the 2 bucket system doesn't really look appealing unless the active population is somewhat evened out.

Edited by MovinTarget, 19 October 2016 - 04:06 PM.

#42 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

Really, unless there is a way for pgi to make clanners play, well like clanners, there is very little point in separating into is vs clan. Make a duel mechanic that is optionally declined by is (with penalty if declined) but mandatory for clanners. Make it stars vs lances. But also give the clan tech back its advantages (fp only).

I know it will never happen, but it is getting un-fun in fp because the balance is now pretty dang skewed.

Pretty soon green chickens will be able to puff out its chest...

..and there will be no one left to care.

#43 UberStuka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 277 posts
  • LocationBRANDON, MISSISSIPPI

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:17 PM

well the unit KMDD are here to save the day... don't worry about those dirty clanners

Edited by UberStuka, 19 October 2016 - 04:18 PM.

#44 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:23 PM

What happened to tonnage variations on Drop Decks? At this stage a 10 ton buff to the IS might at least level the field a little, or at the very least open up some options for "Clanbuster" decks.

#45 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:46 PM

View PostUberStuka, on 19 October 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

well the unit KMDD are here to save the day... don't worry about those dirty clanners

Lol well that was sudden!

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 19 October 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

What happened to tonnage variations on Drop Decks? At this stage a 10 ton buff to the IS might at least level the field a little, or at the very least open up some options for "Clanbuster" decks.

Meh, at the risk of salt i would rather see a reduction in tonnage on both sides than an increase on one. Sure, bring a kdk, but only one gd it! >.<

#46 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:50 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 19 October 2016 - 01:35 PM, said:

I have a better idea.

Look at a regular IS map circa 3051. Now, we get every faction to vote to attack the faction to their relative left.
Also, we make sure that nobody defends any invasions: EVER!

Why? We are going to invert the map!

Think about it guys..

p.s. To the Undisputed Ghost Drop Kings (House Davion) - if Stoneblade did not spell it out for you already we are weekend warriors.

hey Boogie...way to keep them lines of friendly communication open... I'll be sure to tell my boys to just avoid liao space altogether and either fight mariks, Kuritas or clanners... when you cant scrape together 6 pugs to oppose you on the weekend, We dont want to hear it...got it ??

View PostMovinTarget, on 19 October 2016 - 04:16 PM, said:

Really, unless there is a way for pgi to make clanners play, well like clanners, there is very little point in separating into is vs clan. Make a duel mechanic that is optionally declined by is (with penalty if declined) but mandatory for clanners. Make it stars vs lances. But also give the clan tech back its advantages (fp only).

I know it will never happen, but it is getting un-fun in fp because the balance is now pretty dang skewed.

Pretty soon green chickens will be able to puff out its chest...

..and there will be no one left to care.

Pretty soon ?? I think that ship has sailed, Son !!

#47 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:59 PM

Aylward, on 19 October 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

Pretty soon ?? I think that ship has sailed, Son !!

You may be right, but eventually even the pugs will stop defending, and they've proven their dominance. Yay! But what's the point? And i am not blaming them except for the occaisional lack of respect that happens from time to time. I am actually not blaming anyone.

Good sportsmanship can't be legistated. Nor can pgi anticipated things like this happening. Lots of things could have made this situation more palatable but we all put our heads down and push on.

All i can say is it is almost as much the opponents responsibility to make pugs want to come back as the teammates'... and in varying measures we've probably all contributed to the death of this mode...

...crap... now i am depressed need to go develop a drinking habit...

#48 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostAylward, on 17 October 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

we've gotten a handful of dry drops on this side too so far, but we're just getting started. We will have 12-24 on Davion front on this evening at least, and there's 20+ in Davion TS right now..

Aylward, if you guys still want fights on the LIAO border I can bump the NS forums on next contract. We can go as an opposition force but our EU guys generally only have fights if we stay CJF or FRR for the most part.

#49 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:03 PM

Or you could go back to Kurita...and I'd swing it that way... we're not gonna ghost thru liao/CJF space anyway.. And Liao has already made it clear they may or may not show up on the weekend only.. Plus Boogie is such a sweetie, I can't resist just dragging the whole front away from him. Davion/Kurita when you are ready.

we had two companies of guys on today queued up during Eu time throughout that cycle trying to fight off 100 jade falcons.

Edited by Aylward, 19 October 2016 - 05:05 PM.

#50 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:26 PM

Go fight the Dragon, if you like. House Liao numbers just can't fill the demand, and no system exists to fill the queues with mercenaries in the absence of loyalists.

Faction Play is a failed game design, so it is rare for us to put together 12-man companies with the patience to find an Inner Sphere match up.

#51 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:04 AM

View PostAylward, on 19 October 2016 - 05:03 PM, said:

Or you could go back to Kurita...and I'd swing it that way... we're not gonna ghost thru liao/CJF space anyway.. And Liao has already made it clear they may or may not show up on the weekend only.. Plus Boogie is such a sweetie, I can't resist just dragging the whole front away from him. Davion/Kurita when you are ready.

we had two companies of guys on today queued up during Eu time throughout that cycle trying to fight off 100 jade falcons.

The border has been asleep for so long, Liao just needs the time to wake up.
My guess is a whole bunch of players don't even bother to look at the map anymore, and so don't realize that there are matches to be fought...
To help the remaining Liao loyalists wake up it may not be a bad idea to have mercs aid in the kickstart.
Ghostdropping through Liao will not do the trick. And will only frustrate your players ... The Liao Davion Border has just been stagnant for too long ... I do believe it can be reactivated. It will need time though.

#52 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:34 AM

View PostDanjo San, on 20 October 2016 - 01:04 AM, said:

The border has been asleep for so long, Liao just needs the time to wake up.
My guess is a whole bunch of players don't even bother to look at the map anymore, and so don't realize that there are matches to be fought...
To help the remaining Liao loyalists wake up it may not be a bad idea to have mercs aid in the kickstart.
Ghostdropping through Liao will not do the trick. And will only frustrate your players ... The Liao Davion Border has just been stagnant for too long ... I do believe it can be reactivated. It will need time though.

Well a week of 2-4 ghost drops each night has burnt out most of my guys, we don't even look a the Liao world now.

#53 Danjo San

• Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 01:36 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 20 October 2016 - 01:34 AM, said:

Well a week of 2-4 ghost drops each night has burnt out most of my guys, we don't even look a the Liao world now.

yup I can feel that... Been there, done that!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users