46 replies to this topic

#21 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:54 PM

View PostAppogee, on 17 October 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

I'm not seeing why I would need to play 15 matches per day.

Which part of the event does that relate to?

To get the maximum trick or treat bags. It is not a requirement unless you just have to have every reward you can get.

#22 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:02 PM

I'm down for the other rewards, but I'm not playing every day trying to get the loot bags. Those are just a bonus if I get them.

#23 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 17 October 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

I'm down for the other rewards, but I'm not playing every day trying to get the loot bags. Those are just a bonus if I get them.

yep, play like normal, get free stuff. Posted Image

#24 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:52 PM

View PostBandilly, on 17 October 2016 - 10:34 AM, said:

The 15 matches a day bothers me.

The kill or KMDD a Huntsman on 10/13 days bothers me.

The rest doesn't sound too bad.

You don't have to the grab bag 15 matches a day, BTW. Those prizes are simply a bonus to whoever wants to grind it out.

#25 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:58 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 17 October 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

I think there's some level of desperation. There is some retention bleeding that they are trying to mitigate, but that's not helping the level of intelligence or quality of play at all.

People will be turned off by these events over time, as there tends to be no purpose long term... so this serves at best as an intermediate distraction until whatever PGI is complete with whatever surprise projects are being done (mech trees to be announced at Mechcon, probably having done only preliminary work on it).

Yup where 'pre-work' equals a powerpoint slides...

#26 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:43 PM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 17 October 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

Obvious answer: they want to up player count on a per-day basis and don't really mind if that is detrimental to people who can't play every single day for the duration.

How is "not getting free stuff" detrimental to people?

Statements like that make my entitlement detector start to twitch.

Then again, at least the grab bag events don't typically result in the whole game disintegrating into **********, so there's that. I might play some of that one... but it's been quite a while since I could play whole weeks like that. I'm not even in the same area code as my computer much of the time now. There'll probably be one or two days when I can go all day, but three or four when I can't play at all. Meh.

#27 M3560 35003663

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:15 PM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 17 October 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

They put these events together like people play religiously like 3 years ago. It is pretty funny. I stopped caring or bother to play the events 2 years ago.

The amount of toxicity in the comments in this thread is off the charts.

Srsly, what's wrong with you, people?
You're angry that your real life and your jobs prevent you from getting ALL the rewards?

You want the events to be tailored specifically to people so caught up in their mundane lives that they can't play more than an hour a day?
Why should it even be this way? 'Cause YOU said so? Cause you're somehow more privileged than the gamers who can dedicate 3-8 hours a day?
Also, lol at the comments "hurr so many events I cant remember them all, PGI sucks!"

#28 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:32 PM

View PostM3560 35003663, on 17 October 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

You're angry that your real life and your jobs prevent you from getting ALL the rewards?

You want the events to be tailored specifically to people so caught up in their mundane lives need to pay bills and pay attention to their families that they can't play more than an hour a day?
Why should it even be this way? 'Cause YOU said so? Cause you're somehow more privileged than the gamers who can dedicate 3-8 hours a day?
Also, lol at the comments "hurr so many events I cant remember them all, PGI sucks!"

Gaming time is dictated by real life, not the other way around. Some people, and by some people I mean the overwhelming majority of people over the age of 18, need to devote most of their time to actually being productive members of society.

As it so happens, the game's continued existence depends on people who earn the money to pay for shiny virtual stompy death machines... so yes, the events should be tailored with people who can't spend all day gaming in mind. They're literally the ones who pay for it all.

#29 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,100 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:05 AM

looks pretty straight forward to me. its really several events rolled together. il be hunting huntsman, voting tinatherma, and racking up scores, while getting my 15 daily pulls. its not rocket science, and rocket science is easy. il be in kerbal till tomorrow.

#30 M3560 35003663

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:05 AM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 17 October 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

Gaming time is dictated by real life, not the other way around. Some people, and by some people I mean the overwhelming majority of people over the age of 18, need to devote most of their time to actually being productive members of society.

As it so happens, the game's continued existence depends on people who earn the money to pay for shiny virtual stompy death machines... so yes, the events should be tailored with people who can't spend all day gaming in mind. They're literally the ones who pay for it all.

Bollocks.
You play an hour a day - you get smaller reward.
You play a lot - you get bigger reward. It's natural. I'd hate to play 5 hours a day and get the same reward as someone who plays 30 minutes a day.

#31 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:36 AM

Personally, I didn't like the mechtobberfest event, since it forced me to devote what little time off work I get to playing the game, and to rework my daily routine / schedule around playing for at least 1h/day.

For over 2 weeks.

Now they are doing it again.

Personally, I don't think I'll get much play out of this event, and even then, those Kills and KMDD's will be hard to get. Hunting a specific mech on a specific map is kinda pushing it.. doing it for 2 weeks str8 is really pushing it.

It seems to me that whoever is coming up with these events is getting kinda lazy, just making the events last longer than a weekend and forcing us to play.. practically stuffing the game down our throats.

I get it that PGI is trying to sweeten the deal and force people to play more.. but this is not the way to go about it. The goody grab events were better at doing that, Tukayyid was king of that, and any event where you can earn a mech was also great for that. All the other events that we've had recently (latest mech out-head hunts, weight class of the week spam events, and theme of the week but same exact event as last weekend) are simply, in my opinion, under the category "just give'em something, and go back to facebook" type events.

You can do better PGI.. I know you can.

Edited by Vellron2005, 18 October 2016 - 04:38 AM.

#32 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:41 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 17 October 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

They should just simplify it and require a single match score of 500, once per day, to qualify. It shouldn't be hard for most people to achieve if they focus, pay attention, and try to play well.

"Most people"? You are clearly holding this community in high esteem. Just look at those leaderboard stats. Average matchscore is like what, maybe 180 across all users? Don't know exactly, someone did some analysis on it. 500 matchscore will be like 700+ damage?

Do that and i guarantee you this forum will be flooded by angry posts of people who don't manage to score that high once per day.

#33 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:28 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 18 October 2016 - 04:41 AM, said:

"Most people"? You are clearly holding this community in high esteem. Just look at those leaderboard stats. Average matchscore is like what, maybe 180 across all users? Don't know exactly, someone did some analysis on it. 500 matchscore will be like 700+ damage?

Do that and i guarantee you this forum will be flooded by angry posts of people who don't manage to score that high once per day.

That's fine. :) Then maybe they'll start working harder to improve at the game and we'll cease to have PUG drops where after two minutes five teammates mysteriously die doing 20 damage.

#34 M3560 35003663

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 18 October 2016 - 04:36 AM, said:

Personally, I didn't like the mechtobberfest event, since it forced me to devote what little time off work I get to playing the game, and to rework my daily routine / schedule around playing for at least 1h/day.

For over 2 weeks.

Now they are doing it again.

Personally, I don't think I'll get much play out of this event, and even then, those Kills and KMDD's will be hard to get. Hunting a specific mech on a specific map is kinda pushing it.. doing it for 2 weeks str8 is really pushing it.

It seems to me that whoever is coming up with these events is getting kinda lazy, just making the events last longer than a weekend and forcing us to play.. practically stuffing the game down our throats.

I get it that PGI is trying to sweeten the deal and force people to play more.. but this is not the way to go about it. The goody grab events were better at doing that, Tukayyid was king of that, and any event where you can earn a mech was also great for that. All the other events that we've had recently (latest mech out-head hunts, weight class of the week spam events, and theme of the week but same exact event as last weekend) are simply, in my opinion, under the category "just give'em something, and go back to facebook" type events.

You can do better PGI.. I know you can.

You understand that only because you don't like the event it doesnt' mean the event is crappy, right?
"I dont have time to play, the event is %$#^"
Really? Wow.
You can't find an hour a day to play? What do you propose? An event where you need to play for 15 minutes to qualify for the rewards? Will you be content and stop complaining then?

#35 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:13 AM

Yeah I dunno about this. I went for every reward on the mektoberfest event but this one seems a little too convoluted.

#36 Ghogiel

• CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:11 AM

(mech trees to be announced at Mechcon, probably having done only preliminary work on it).

I await the power point design brief that doesn't reflect the (eventually) shipped feature at all with baited breath.

#37 Deckard Caine Sender

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 35 posts
  • LocationCWI

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:52 AM

View PostM3560 35003663, on 18 October 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

You understand that only because you don't like the event it doesnt' mean the event is crappy, right?
"I dont have time to play, the event is %$#^"
Really? Wow.
You can't find an hour a day to play? What do you propose? An event where you need to play for 15 minutes to qualify for the rewards? Will you be content and stop complaining then?

I am going to assume that the member since October 4, 2016 in your profile is accurate (trusting anything PGI tells us is a leap for me as my stats page says I have 68 years playing the SCR-C). Many of the people unimpressed have been here long enough to remember events that required more than just showing up in drops and minimally trying. They had a story to them that was rooted in the BattleTech Universe. We also remember things like the "exclusive" camouflage pattern for the Phoenix packages that are available on most mechs now. Many are tired of things being phoned in. That is much of what you see and are complaining about, a combination of fatigue and a hunger for relevant hooks to grab our attention.

#38 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:56 AM

(mech trees to be announced at Mechcon, probably having done only preliminary work on it).

Urbanmech would HAVE to be tier 8/10, minimum. Urbanmech retrofit for an engine higher than the STD 60 would knock it up to tier 10.

#39 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:51 AM

PGI's explanation I will agree is as helpful as John Madden giving insight into what the other team's offense is going to do ...

Posted Image

#40 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 18 October 2016 - 10:47 AM

View PostM3560 35003663, on 17 October 2016 - 10:15 PM, said:

You want the events to be tailored specifically to people so caught up in their mundane lives that they can't play more than an hour a day?

The rewards are for the most part pointless. Disdain for PGI comes from their lack of vision for this game and piss poor implementation on follow through. They get what they deserve.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users