207 replies to this topic

#201 Morggo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC, USA

Posted 26 October 2016 - 11:41 AM

People noticing any issues with the Friends List fix?

I'm still seeing the issue where it doesn't seem to be refreshing live... I'll see someone online, click to write them, hit enter and immediately get the sorry they are offline message.

#202 Fyrwulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 262 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 06:09 AM

View PostAramuside, on 22 October 2016 - 04:23 AM, said:

It did - much appreciated. I went the other way as it was my brawler map and highest achieving one by far. I rarely play snipers so quite often I find myself sitting in cover on the new version waiting for one side to do something, anything, please god do it for the children! Posted Image

That said I can see if you're running erll, cLPL. gauss etc or a fast, mobile, small size mech that can control engagement range its great.

I actually really like the new Frozen map and I hated the old one for the exact reason Morggo does. Also, I probably had one of my best games ever on Frozen in a Vulture set up for long range sniping (2x ERLL as my main). Thing was, I was getting my butt absolutely kicked trying to snipe, so I worked my way around the map and started to close the distance while taking what shots I could. I found myself in the stuff way sooner than I expected and thought for sure I was going to die, but with a little assistance from my light friends I turned into a one mech wrecking crew.

My point is, you can maneuver to a more advantageous position in this map if you're patient. Hell, I've seen Daishi and Atlases do it.

#203 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:00 AM

View PostFyrwulf, on 31 October 2016 - 06:09 AM, said:

I actually really like the new Frozen map and I hated the old one for the exact reason Morggo does. Also, I probably had one of my best games ever on Frozen in a Vulture set up for long range sniping (2x ERLL as my main). Thing was, I was getting my butt absolutely kicked trying to snipe, so I worked my way around the map and started to close the distance while taking what shots I could. I found myself in the stuff way sooner than I expected and thought for sure I was going to die, but with a little assistance from my light friends I turned into a one mech wrecking crew.

My point is, you can maneuver to a more advantageous position in this map if you're patient. Hell, I've seen Daishi and Atlases do it.

I get that but theres a world of difference on that map as regards the effectiveness of different weapon systems. My Spirit Bear with LB20X and 4 SRM 6 often can't even fire for the first half of the match usually and I'm just after minimising damage while closing the range as much as I can. That dual cERLL can be effective for almost the entire match. Of course if I get into MASC charge range of you you're almost certainly dead. ;)

#204 Strattus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 106 posts
  • LocationKazakhstan

Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:55 PM

View PostAramuside, on 02 November 2016 - 02:00 AM, said:

I get that but theres a world of difference on that map as regards the effectiveness of different weapon systems. My Spirit Bear with LB20X and 4 SRM 6 often can't even fire for the first half of the match usually and I'm just after minimising damage while closing the range as much as I can. That dual cERLL can be effective for almost the entire match. Of course if I get into MASC charge range of you you're almost certainly dead. Posted Image

And on top of range, your heat generation for the build comes into play.... Still like the colder maps because I feel like I can be more aggressive with my fire rate if i'm in a pinch. High heat maps, like Terra, force you to play a little different as well feel a little defeated when you've just jumped into a match with a 4 ERPPC Catapult!! Posted Image

#205 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:26 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 17 October 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

Well, I play the Lynx a lot, almost exclusively the last three weeks. Even with precision, there is only so much you can do with 300 damage worth of ammo (I would never run 374, knowing what I know about Mist Lynx durability). Just blowing through the rear of a Kodiak is going to consume about a quarter of it, and forget trying to chew through the front, and that is assuming I am 100% accurate, which I won't be because I have to stay mobile at all times. So, a UAC Mist Lynx is a total non-starter. I need to be able to carry hard in my Lights because you never know what the Matchmaker is going to give you.

What PGI should be doing for the MLX is:

A.) Giving all of the arm pods at least a +8 armor quirk per side, because the arms are huge and fragile and contain all of the weapons. I would actually suggest they go to +12 or +16, though, since +8 would be token.

B.) Giving all of the variants a speed quirk like the Summoner has, at least 5% but preferably more like 10-15%. It's nice and agile now, but it's still so slow that calculating deflection for one of those big 50-point KDK volleys at 500+ meters isn't that difficult, which is bloody murder for a squishy 25 ton Light that relies entirely on evasion to stay alive and has to expose for long durations to nibble opponents to death.

C.) Unlocking the Clan Active Probe. They unlocked the Flamer on the Adder and it completely transformed the 'Mech. Similar would happen if they unlocked the Clan Active Probe. I could run another ton of ammo for anything without having to strip armor, I could get another heat-sink in, etc.

D.) Releasing the F pods. Then it can carry a potent all-energy payload of seven cERSL or six cSPL and not be reliant on ammo at all (though I think the brawl Lynx with a mix of cSPL and cSRMs will still be better for heat reasons).

E.) Somewhat optional, but a 15-20% duration reduction on ER lasers would also be transformative for this 'Mech.

Believe me when I say there is zero danger of the Mist Lynx becoming too good even with all of these changes implemented in their strongest form.

Only when trolling.

Maybe you could give it an ammo quirk, where ammo weighs 50% less or something (or guns are magically 50% more ammo efficient, w/e). Maybe it has a 50% chance to not consume Ammo, or the double tap shot doesn't consume or something.

IDK but better ammo efficiency seems the only way you can get a 25T mech to work with ballistics.

#206 Mordynak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 374 posts
  • LocationThe United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:07 PM

I was about to say I ******* love you for this!

Patch Files (Direct Download)

Then I read this...

This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.

Still. Its nice to see that you are doing this sort of thing. Just wish Steam could allow something like this.

I have unlimited data on my phone, but limited to 30GB per month for tethering.

#207 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:44 PM

I think that the new weapon changes are OK, a much more sensible set of changes compared to what seen in PTS. I especially like the changes in ACs. But mostly I like the approach: small changes and verify effects on the field.

I took a 4 months pause because the ED debacle but now I want to test this.

#208 Graugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 05:04 PM

Hey look I just dropped into a match with 5 premades on the other side and got hit by 8 PPCs and 3 Gauss at once!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users