74 replies to this topic

#61 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:42 AM

View PostAramuside, on 22 October 2016 - 04:06 AM, said:

While I partially agree with you ... you ARE flaming and expressing an opinion (while hiding behind the anonymity of your computer/mobile etc screen).

That's the pot calling the kettle black. I checked your profile and I see NO name, NO birth date, NO age, NO gender. Nothing actually.

Sounds kinda anonymous to me, but that's just the internet, right?

Unless of course your real name is Ara Muside, in which case I apologize.

#62 Dyhalto

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 11:50 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 21 October 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

we are opting to instead contribute 100% of the proceeds from these Regional Finalist Supporter Packs toward the Tournament Prize Pool.

This is still the exact wrong way to handle this. There are still 2 major issues with this move:
  • Of the 15 teams in the Supporter Pack only 3 teams will get any part of these contributions.
  • Teams still are not being directly compensated for the sales using their team logos and names.
Hopefully PGI is willing to set this right and do what is the industry standard. Paying teams a direct percentage should have been how this was from the start but it's not to late to change. I really want to believe PGI wants to make things right here instead of just attempting to cover some legal liabilities and turn around negative PR.

#63 Zainadin

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 73 posts
  • Location5o Cal

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:01 PM

• The 17 Teams for whom Decals were made, but not released, will receive their associated Decals in the November patch.

This is complete nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At most top 5 teams each region but all the cry babies too? And participation trophies, are we twelve and playing a club sport?
just BS

- edit -
Since the money is being added to the prize pool for the three teams than legally they should be the only ones to profit from the logos sale. How is adding the other loosing teams logos fair?

Edited by Zainadin, 22 October 2016 - 01:16 PM.

#64 zaku2142

• PipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:14 PM

Probably could have done a better job on the horn.... just saying.

Edited by zaku2142, 22 October 2016 - 02:21 PM.

#65 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:33 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 21 October 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

Classy.

Dat back track tho

#66 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:47 PM

Living near a freight rail... that warhorn sounds like many a late night in my 'hood...

#67 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 843 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:56 PM

View PostDyhalto, on 22 October 2016 - 11:50 AM, said:

Hopefully PGI is willing to set this right and do what is the industry standard. Paying teams a direct percentage should have been how this was from the start but it's not to late to change. I really want to believe PGI wants to make things right here instead of just attempting to cover some legal liabilities and turn around negative PR.

Hell no, How does the tax work on that...... for the 150 bucks they may make, give it to Charity

#68 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:24 AM

There is one mistake in marketing:
You offer cockpit items, that can be placed at one mech, while users want it to be visible on all their mechs or, at last, at chosen ones. So change cockpit items for decals or cammo and then a lot of players, like me, will buy it.

#69 Mr Pataks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

This is so great - we came basically equal 6th with a few other teams. So proud to be rocking my unit decals, however will they ever be available for purchase to anybody in my unit who DIDN'T compete in the tournament?

#70 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:38 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 22 October 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

That's the pot calling the kettle black. I checked your profile and I see NO name, NO birth date, NO age, NO gender. Nothing actually.

Sounds kinda anonymous to me, but that's just the internet, right?

Unless of course your real name is Ara Muside, in which case I apologize.

Except I'm not sitting here flaming people.... you missed that bit..

#71 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 843 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:05 PM

Quick Summary of this Post

• 100% of the proceeds from the Regional Finalist Supports Packs will now be going toward the Tournament Prize Pool. This includes all proceeds from any existing sales of these Packs, along with proceeds from any further sales.
• Regional Finalists will be receiving their Teams' associated Supporter Pack next week. Refunds will be processed for any existing purchase of their Teams' Supporter Pack if one is already present on their account.
• The additional prizes for Regional Finalists, roughly outlined on the MWOWC Prize information page, are still coming. Details next week.
• All Teams who actively participated in the Tournament will receive a special (and free) Cockpit Item. Item is currently expected to be included with the November patch.
• The 16 Teams for whom Decals were made, but not released, will receive their associated Decals in the November patch **This post originally cited 17 Teams. However the 17th was a generic Tournament Decal that wasn't ready for release.

Alexander,

First of all thanks for the post, also big thumb up for adding the decals for teams 6 to 10, you did not have to and its great to see your are not letting the work PGI and those units put into creating them go to waste.

I was thinking over the weekend and after speaking to a mate that was not in my unit about the comp and how much fun the game play was.

He said

"if the teams would get mechbays or something like that, I would buy a few of those packs!
It is probably better that it isn't the case... I would spend way too much money just to give something back to the teams that were nice and gave me a good time watching their matches..."

How about something like the following.

1. Make the teams opt in
2. For every dollar raised, PGI would give that value in MC to the unit coffer or team leader.
3. Teams had the choice to include the decal in there packs or not. ( Units that do not care and just want the rest of there members to have the decal will be happy, and if any units do not want there logo out for public release then its not.)
4. Money from packs goes to PGI 100%, with the value of the money going to the teams with in game MC.
5. PGI to look at adding in 5 logo per month for units at a cost ( 5000MC for the design, 750MC to buy it in games.) (Random MC prices )

This way everyone wins, PGI gets money, Teams get value out of there name and the show they put on for the viewers , Non MWOWC members get the decal.

Edited by live1991, 24 October 2016 - 03:09 PM.

#72 Thomasso

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 54 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKraków, Poland

Posted 25 October 2016 - 01:12 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 21 October 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

If the horn sounded amazing... yeah maybe I'd buy the pack...I certainly don't need 7 days of premium time though. But after the disappointment of the silver gatling warhorn... I'd wanna hear it first.

Yup... Warhorn is OK, but Silver Gatling is more than disappointment :/ I was hoping for something BIG - beefy, strong and loud gatling round, something when you hear it the ground shakes. Instead I got... trumpets..

T.

#73 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:14 AM

Well, it is a warHORN... This one sounds like a freight train coming through so I will probably equip it on a fast, hard hitting, brawling assault... :D

#74 RJF Volkodav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:41 PM

Reading all that sh..storm i would say - PGI, you can use our logo for selling Support Packs absolutely for free. We fought this battles for Glory of our Clan. And we want to say thanks to everyone supporting our team. Feel free to support the tournament, that will surely give the future generation warriors a place to compete, improve their skills and have more fun playing in a great universe of Battletech.

Edited by RJF Volkodav, 26 October 2016 - 05:47 PM.

#75 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:09 AM

Hi everyone,

We have posted a new statement regarding the status of these Regional Finalist Supporter Packs. As these packs are no longer available for purchase, I will be locking this thread from further discussion.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users