Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:12 PM

Ah, now we are complete with the usual trinity of "expert" opinions:

Gman:

www.nogutsnogalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=4219.0

Kanajashi:

Snuggles:

Your turn.

Is it as bad?

Edited by Kuaron, 21 October 2016 - 03:14 PM.

#2 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

I can't see it being great...... I hope it isn't terrible. That 325 Engine cap is too low, and without any real ballistic boating potential, I can't see how the extra tonnage from a small engine will benefit the mech. Running lasers on this mech will be absurdly hot, especially if you try to utilize all of the hardpoints......Which is probably not a great idea. It's going to be far too slow to take advantage of small pulse boating, or medium laser boating, so you'll have to stick to the larger lasers or ERPPCs. It will have the benefit of being able to run a large targeting computer, but without a large engine, its heatsink boating potential is taken down a notch, and that large targeting computer takes up a ton of space. I can see Boiler doing fairly well, with what looks like the ability to run 2x Gauss 2x ERPPC, but even it will still be outclassed by the Kodiak. I could potentially see a 2-3 LPL build with mediums being okay. Cram on a TON of heat sinks and a large targeting computer, and just be careful with the alpha strikes. The missile variant is going to be too slow to boat SRMs, and I prefer to pretend that LRMs do not exist. However, it might make an incredibly nice LRM boat, with room for some back up weapons. Otherwise, I just don't see this mech excelling all that well. It appears that other clan mechs will simply outclass it in everything.

Edited by Kimberm1911, 21 October 2016 - 03:33 PM.

#3 banana peel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:53 AM

Gman almost said it all. However, based on a highlander's jump, i do think the Boiler can be an amazing poptart, if the ballistics would be placed at the top of the hands.
As for me, i hate poptarts and most exited for the lbx20x2+3srm6A build... i mean, i would be exited, if i didnt have to pay $35 for it. Yet again a mechpack with hands down best variant behind the paywall.
For the energy variants - 2lpl+6/5mpl would work pretty good. We can expect some heatgen quirks (its nova after all), so it wont be that toasty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users