• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 05:48 PM

Here is a cheaper(default engine) and more expensive version of SuperDuperBear:

elCheapo
ExpensivO

The difference is only two jump jets and two double heat sink. And the different engine of course.

Shortcuts:
1: Belly button ERLL's
2: Machinegun+SSRM6
3: Anything (Mouse sidebutton 3)
4: Anything (Mouse sidebutton 4)
5: LorR arm ERLL's (My mouse wheel scroll forward)
6: LorR arm ERLL's (My mouse wheel scroll backward)
7: Alpha Strike (My mouse wheel press)

Don't alpha until you need to use the emergency escape pod....Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
This was a fun build when I got the hang of it.

Edited by Arugela, 22 October 2016 - 06:06 PM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:07 PM

What purpose does the machine gun and streaks serve? Neither are enough to deter lights, and you could massively increase dissipation by ditching them (and their explosive ammo) and the FF armour and cramming in DHS.

#3 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:18 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 22 October 2016 - 06:07 PM, said:

What purpose does the machine gun and streaks serve? Neither are enough to deter lights, and you could massively increase dissipation by ditching them (and their explosive ammo) and the FF armour and cramming in DHS.

Gotta love that lone high mounted MG! Its great for killing locusts that you cant look down low enough to see! Great for hill humping too! Anyway, i doubt Arguela will take your advice, she has actually mastered mech creation!

I am actually becoming an avid fan of her work! Brings a smile to my face!

Edited by Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky, 22 October 2016 - 06:19 PM.

#4 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:24 PM

It's extra damage and DPS... I set the heat manamgement to 1 and filled in the rest... Nothing particularly complicated or specific. It helps for lights and just being extra dps. They don't stay under me for more than a few seconds. Not in practice. I kill them as they run at me or from me. I can always hit them with the arm lasers and the feel unsafe and run away. Plus I use them in general for really close range low heat DPS.

That little extra DPS helped me down an atlas face to face the other game.

And it's not that big of a heat difference.

I'm not changing it but, happy Alek?

Edited by Arugela, 22 October 2016 - 08:07 PM.

#5 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 22 October 2016 - 09:42 PM

I laughed a little bit at this build. Not because it is inherently terribad, but because putting a single machine gun on a 100 ton assault mech is laughable, especially with ERLL's. Why, with this build, would you ever want to be within machine gun, SRM distance? (The short answer is, you wouldn't.)

Here is something that I think would be a tad bit better. The ballistic weapon is a bit bigger than a machine gun, however.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2f37feab8fd1b59

#6 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:49 AM

It's literally there because I wanted to do 6erll on it and set it to 1:1 heat management. Then I filled in the rest with small weapons. 8) That is all that could fit. I figured if something charged and got in close I would have some extra extremely cheap, heat wise, dps!

The other reason was I wanted to fill in all slots and they are easily put together on one keybind so I can do more with the lasers. The streaks help annoy lights while I hit them with constant fire. It annoys them and scares them even if it doesn't do alot of damage. It's partially a psychological deterrent. I've found that works in general. Particularly in pugs.

Like I think I said, I always leave myself very low heat constant fire options on my builds. They are always useful for other things. Normally it's a longer range option for suppressive fire at range. In this case it's suppressive fire at short range. And it does work.

And, unless I missed something. The streak helps with lights under my gun range. The machines guns tend to scare them. It's a decent combo to keep them off you. One gets them off your feet and the other keeps them off or helps drive them off or keep them from getting close to start with. And for cheap.

Edited by Arugela, 23 October 2016 - 12:12 PM.

#7 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:24 PM

Well, I like it. I like anything that is oddball and just works for someone. I did the xl400, uac20, 6mpl for the (kind of) 84 point alpha-ish double tap. But keep having fun! Gotta have fun or that salt gets too deep.

Cheers!

#8 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:04 PM

As long as your having fun thats all that really matters. I myself run some odd builds quite often: It depends if your play for fun or effectiveness or a combo, ive found some niche builds that work for me which arent necessarily recommended.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e5b7212472682b2
Heavy Metal, LBX10, 2 SRM6, 3 ML, 5JJ, STD 320, BAP. Fast (for a Highlander) and jumpy.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3de42d61bf683ad
Zeus-6S, Gauss, AC2, 4 ML, STD 320. Gauss and ac2 have the same velocity but different range (400ish metre difference), i try to use them at around -1100m, the MLs are good for a close hit or you can chain them (i usually have 2 groups for the MLs). Not really the best build in some ways but i like it.

This one is a better example of a half decent mixed mech.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b2289bf5a90488e
Highlander 733C, LBX10, AC5, LL, SL, 3 SRM 4, 4 JJ, STD 270.
Its a little slow (52kph with spd twk) but it hits hard a multiple ranges. The LB and AC5 have simliar velocities so i have them in the same group, LL by it self to use with the Ballistics ( combined it does 25ish damage at 400-600 meters) and then the SL and SRMs have similiar range so they also hurt (21 ish damage at -270m). Up close this mech really hurts its only down side is agility but the JJs can help (or you can dump them and put 8 more tons into the engine).

That said Winter and Aleksandr do have great advice if you want it.

#9 Kimberm1911

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on Earth......

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:34 PM

Whatever you want to play. I just find that 6 ERLL is way too hot. 4 ERLL is fulfills the sniping task admirably. Generally I find that utilizing all the hardpoints is a waste of tonnage. The Machine gun and SRM don't synergize well with the rest of the build. The Streak SRM is at most, doing 4 damage to a component every 5 seconds. That really doesn't even phase lights, and the single machine gun has about the same effect. You say that it is used as, "psychological warfare," but a proficient light pilot isn't exactly going to be scared of those, "anti light" weapons you have equipped. Regardless, do what you want.

#10 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:53 PM

How would this go in faction warfare? It's a bit hot but poppable. Bind the PPCs in twos and a one and fire them one after the other. The UAC/2 is for long range low heat shoulder fire and the LRM20 is for hitting annoying stuff over hills. Assuming you can get lock support or get lucky. Again, slow engine, but full weapon layout. I would assume this is used on defense.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ae5bc636694ecdb

PPCs are doable with heat management from the looks of it. But you can't fire all of the varied weapons at once. They are meant for situational use. Obviously no alpha strike.

I'm saving up 7.9mill atm to get this one and try it out. So, Is this wasting the potential of the Kodiak again?

Edited by Arugela, 26 October 2016 - 01:55 PM.

#11 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:59 PM

View PostArugela, on 26 October 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

How would this go in faction warfare?

It would not work anywhere as well as a properly built KDK-3.
But hey, it is your 100tons, so use em as you see fit.

#12 radiv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 12:58 AM

View PostKimberm1911, on 23 October 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

Whatever you want to play. I just find that 6 ERLL is way too hot. 4 ERLL is fulfills the sniping task admirably. Generally I find that utilizing all the hardpoints is a waste of tonnage. The Machine gun and SRM don't synergize well with the rest of the build. The Streak SRM is at most, doing 4 damage to a component every 5 seconds. That really doesn't even phase lights, and the single machine gun has about the same effect. You say that it is used as, "psychological warfare," but a proficient light pilot isn't exactly going to be scared of those, "anti light" weapons you have equipped. Regardless, do what you want.

I agree with this. Its better to have fewer weapons and fire all the time than many and overheat all the time.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f612bd65bbc1706

Ive been running something like this, and its been working great. It deals 600 dmg very fast

Edited by radiv, 27 October 2016 - 01:00 AM.

#13 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 27 October 2016 - 01:30 AM

Wow....just crosslink Arus mech build post to the offtopic section funny mech build category of your regional forum section or Unit forum and you've entertained your guys for weeks.Posted Image

But hey discussing troll builds of the Kodiak.....beware of da BEARSTAR
Or if (as usual) none of those pesky lights on your team wants to scout....the Bearscout.
Not completely a troll build but seriously oddballish the Dropbear

Edited by The Basilisk, 27 October 2016 - 02:00 AM.

#14 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:22 AM

SuperDuperPoptartBear!

This build is doing really well. Seperate the PPC's from the other weapons and they are a constant fire setup. 200+ damage before heat stops. Then the PPC's are for poptarting etc.

Shortcuts:
1: ERMLx2;ERLLx1;UAC/2x1;LRM5+artx1;Tagx1 (MouseButtonLeft) Alternatively. remove ERLLx1
2: LRM5x2 (MouseButtonRight)
3: ERMLx2 (MouseButtonBackward)
4: Tagx1 (MouseButtonForward)
5: ERPPCx2 (MouseScrollForward)
6: ERLLx1 (MouseScrollBackward)
Alpha: (MouseScrollPress)

I use a mouse with scroll wheel forward back and depress + forward backwark buttons for webbrowsing. I have Forward and back as 3/4, mouse buttons 1/2 as 1/2; and scroll wheel forward/backward as 5/6. Then mousewheel press is alpha strike. If you use the PPCs with the rest of the build you will not get the DPS. But if you seperate it for poptarting you are good and can dish out massive damage and have nice range shots with PPC/ERLL etc.

So how is this build? Dumping endless damage into something face(my favorite) and then poptarting built into one mech. I personally am enjoying it atm.

If desired replace LRM with an SRM:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...61ad79b1b3cb7a0 <-Solves a problem with shortcuts.

You can also change out the mediums for SPL's for more heat management.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dcfde9d04d925e2 <- 250-275 damage before heat runs out without fireing PPCs. 325+ if you remove the ERLL from the main fireing sequence. 9.27DPS when fireing SPLx3+SRM4+UAC2.

Match with Last SPL version:
Posted Image

Edited by Arugela, 30 October 2016 - 04:49 AM.

#15 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 02:24 AM

I'm trying to figure out which of these builds is better: (Ignoring ammo placement etc.)

Heavy UAC20 Spam ammo2 / 2spls ammo2<- hard to use the ammo, but if played well it could be interesting.
PPC+SPL
LPL+ERML

I wish they would allow more jumpjets. I could take out a tone of ammo and add a fifth... Might make poptarting a little easier.

And sorry for the double post. Didn't want to start a new thread with this sitting here.

Edit: I'm assuming one of these: 2spls ammo2 (Edit: -ammo+HS)
I would get an SPL cooldown and Range module for the SRM6 and the whole thing is in sink. And probably add Radar Derp + Seismic sensor or Shock absorbers....

BTW does shock absorber pick up a mech landing from jumpjets? And if so does it pick it up differently if you land softly with the jets as opposed to hitting the ground hard? And could shock absorber stop you from showing up on someone elses seismic sensor? Either from walking or landing with or without jumpjets?

If seismic sensor and shock absorbers work against each other would I be better off with a Combo of both as a stealth radar finder?

Edited by Arugela, 21 November 2016 - 02:22 PM.

#16 Arugela

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 01:35 PM

Here is a different build. It's designed around sinking the weapons CD's. Add in a CD mod for the UAC/5 and range for the MPL's. It has more range than my last builds but does damage a bit slower. Probably fine if you are using high ground and the enemy can't see you as easily or you use it to give time to use the missiles. 8) Uses alot of UAC/5 fire to get damage.

Medium ranged SuperBear:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...34bbe7f5df0eaa7
Compared to Shortrange Superbear:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...98968221f440ec9

You can expend alpha tapping in about 6 seconds then constantly fire UAC/5 alone or with chainfireing from the MPL's. A little slower but more range as stated above.

The UAC/5 fires every 1.418 seconds, the MPL's fire 2x this speed approx. at 2.8571, and the SSRM6 fire aprox. twice the medium lasers CD at 5.714secsonds

Edited by Arugela, 07 December 2016 - 01:38 PM.

#17 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:02 PM

Here's my KDK-2. She's weird and I love her. I play her much in the same way I play my Atlas and she will crush you while you are busy laughing at her.

Everyone, meet OLGA

#18 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 December 2016 - 04:12 PM

View PostArugela, on 26 October 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

How would this go in faction warfare?

Honestly, terrible. Its way too hot, the mounts are shocking and you cannot even use the payload you have... It would be overall a waste of 100T mech and effectively mean the rest of the mechs you drop - suffer as well.

Most of your builds, sadly, are shocking for QP - let alone Faction. If someone has you on their team with those builds, they are essentially going in 11v12 because you cannot contribute properly the way they are

Edited by justcallme A S H, 07 December 2016 - 09:57 PM.

#19 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:50 AM

KDK-2

Edited by Calebos, 09 December 2016 - 04:51 AM.

#20 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 13 December 2016 - 05:05 PM

7T of UAC20 ammo for a weapon that is now, super nerfed (and effectively, junk)... Is not the best IMO. Plus ammo in the wrong places, leading to crit potential, not ideal. You'd be lucky to use more than 3.5T in 99% of matches, which means you are over doing it and need to refine the build. You basically want to be close to running out of ammo each game while cranking out 700dmg+, that is the sign of an efficient build. You can easily do that with 4T and use the other 3t spare for other things.

I would do this KDK2

The differences:
1. Slightly less range with MPL (means you need to be more careful with positioning)
2. Higher targeted damage output & better cooling with far less face time (longer survivabilty while doing more damage. Massive win-win )
3. Still keeps some JJs to help (that said you can remove for more HS).
4. UAC20s are just junk now with the jam duration, LBX20s are now king IMO.

I actually run this KDK2, it is a tad hotter than what it appears on paper. I might give the 5MPL build a crack though, I actually think it would do exceptionally well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users