No replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:22 AM

First of all, I would like to apologize to the moderators because this is a rant.

When it comes to the current subject of clowns, I'm not going to clown around about the subject (pun intended).

There has been a lot a fear concerning clowns. Why? What are they going to do, honk there nose at you? Throw Confetti? Clowns are not frighting. An old woman tried to scare a friend of mine telling her that Clowns would be out on Halloween and they would get her. That's a bunch of Bull Droppings if you ask me.

So we take a look at some facts.
1. A child molester tried to lure some kids into the woods while dressed as a clown. This man is a sick and twisted individual to begin with.
2. Yes a Clown costume is on the Internet, trying to scare people as a mock murder is performed. Not scary.
3. Most reports of Clowns attacking people have been proven to be false, leading a few individuals to be charged with Filing a False Police Report.

I can't help but notice that Ronald McDonald is rather scarce these days. What is he doing, hiding in a closet waiting to give someone a hamburger.

Whenever I search for a good horror movie, like most people I will stop on a channel to watch Jason or Freddy commit mayhem. Not Bozo.

Two days ago a heavy set woman in her early twenties entered the Dollar Store as I was leaving said store. She was dressed in a striped Jester outfit/clown and hadn't even bothered to cut the tags off the sleeves. Between the smell of body odor and cigarettes I wanted to puke. She had ear buds crammed into her ears and could not figure out how come people where not fleeing in terror from her.

I think what you are dealing with is fear mongering. Dracula, the Wolf Man. These are the things I grew up with on Halloween night, not some horn honking seltzer spraying buffoon. These people rolled a d20 and got a 1 on their insanity check. In part I blame social media. Let's see, clowns are scary (not) and the world is coming to an end on December 21, 2012. Haven't we already learned that lesson?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users