Streaks Too Nerfed?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Yanlowen Cage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 637 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:16 PM

Ok wish I had pics or a video. but I built a shadow cat with 3 streak 6's to hunt lights. and surprisingly as soon as I did the light mechs suddenly are not in my drops 8(. They were like locusts b4. pun intended. Now that is not the issue. Several times ran into mechs cherry red ct or some such and the G-darn streaks would not go anywhere near it. Last match and finally WTF I was facing a maddog which had a blown out right torso and arm. was crit ct (red) and LT(orange). had armor on it's head left arm and legs. Guess what? Not a single streak "that I am aware of" hit the CT or the left. now I put 11 volleys (1 ssrm 6 per) into that mad dog and nothing. that's 66 missiles and I could not kill a cored, missing RT, cored LT mech.
So. Has the nerf to hit location on streaks just got a little too much? It seems ridiculous that PGI would have nerfed them so bad that they never seek the CT and rarely the Side torsi. For the love of pete, people say nerf the kodiak while others say range it. ok good plan. Old nerf I know but if you fear streaks range the darn thing don't nerf the weapon so it is a piece of crap.
BTW that mad dog had 1 (one)! srm 4 and killed me with it because I naively believed I could take it down with 3 ssrm 6's and 2 er med lasers.(which I didn't fire a lot to control heat). point being, just because the weapon is strong doesn't mean that it should be nerfed until it is a useless piece of junk laying around the mech bay. I am not saying make the streaks all go ct, just saying balance out the RNG hit locations a little better.

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:22 PM

Welcome to why streaks are bad.

Try using regular SRMs for one. I would also suggest switching to a SCR instead for that purpose.

#3 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:26 PM

Easy fix...

-lower damage
-make streaks more likely to hit torsos the bigger the target is

would also
-lower range
-reload faster
-either fix the zero crit/weight artemis or give negative quirks on them (maybe add artemis streaks that had the crit and weight to avoid negatives)
-little more ammo per ton but would have it less damage/t than regular srms

There, now they are more balanced against the classes.

Though in your case you should of just used the erml since you said he was already opened.

Edited by dario03, 26 October 2016 - 01:28 PM.

#4 Cabusha3

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:31 PM

Making streaks so they'd stop homing in on destroyed locations would go a long way to making them viable. EG early game you'll still be sand blasting the entire mech, but as arms, legs,and torsos begin to disappear, the damage begins to focus on the healthy locations.

The weapon system would still be poor early game, buy mid to late could become a great finisher.

Never going to happen though. PGI is incapable of modifying weapons themselves anymore as side from raw values. See the LBX which will never have ammo switching because the guy who coded the weapon is gone.

Edited by Cabusha3, 26 October 2016 - 01:33 PM.

#5 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 26 October 2016 - 01:54 PM

Last night I was in my Cicada and saw a streakboat Stormcrow. Snuck around the enemy team's back, locked him up, let the LRMs knock him around for a while, and then once I got spotted I charged in, finished him, and then took off and made it back to my team in one piece. We also won the game. As I ran away I said in all chat "See you in Hell, streakboat." I went out of my way to make certain he did not get his 80 match score. If I haven't made it obvious yet, I hate clan streakboats.

Edited by Mole, 26 October 2016 - 01:54 PM.

#6 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostMole, on 26 October 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

Last night I was in my Cicada and saw a streakboat Stormcrow. Snuck around the enemy team's back, locked him up, let the LRMs knock him around for a while, and then once I got spotted I charged in, finished him, and then took off and made it back to my team in one piece. We also won the game. As I ran away I said in all chat "See you in Hell, streakboat." I went out of my way to make certain he did not get his 80 match score. If I haven't made it obvious yet, I hate clan streakboats.

I think I was in a match a few days ago where somebody said the same thing.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:06 PM

the only thing i would do is buff the is streak 2. as the only streak the inner sphere has, it kind of sucks, even compared to the clan streak 2 which nobody uses. it doesnt have the range and it doesnt have that 2.15 damage a missile other is srms have. the best thing i can come up with is to simply up its damage to 2.25 - 2.5a missile and tweak its fire rate to give it slightly more dps.

Edited by LordNothing, 26 October 2016 - 02:07 PM.

#8 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:18 PM

I love em, at least if I am not in a light mech.

It is almost as good as finding a pure lurm boat.

#9 Tanreh

• PipPip
  • Private, First Class
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:19 PM

What does this have to do with the topic?

#10 GenghisJr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:34 PM

View PostCabusha3, on 26 October 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

Making streaks so they'd stop homing in on destroyed locations would go a long way to making them viable. EG early game you'll still be sand blasting the entire mech, but as arms, legs,and torsos begin to disappear, the damage begins to focus on the healthy locations.

The weapon system would still be poor early game, buy mid to late could become a great finisher.

Never going to happen though. PGI is incapable of modifying weapons themselves anymore as side from raw values. See the LBX which will never have ammo switching because the guy who coded the weapon is gone.

Aka aimbot

#11 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:42 PM

View PostYanlowen Cage, on 26 October 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

Ok wish I had pics or a video. but I built a shadow cat with 3 streak 6's to hunt lights. and surprisingly as soon as I did the light mechs suddenly are not in my drops 8(. They were like locusts b4. pun intended. Now that is not the issue. Several times ran into mechs cherry red ct or some such and the G-darn streaks would not go anywhere near it. Last match and finally WTF I was facing a maddog which had a blown out right torso and arm. was crit ct (red) and LT(orange). had armor on it's head left arm and legs. Guess what? Not a single streak "that I am aware of" hit the CT or the left. now I put 11 volleys (1 ssrm 6 per) into that mad dog and nothing. that's 66 missiles and I could not kill a cored, missing RT, cored LT mech.
So. Has the nerf to hit location on streaks just got a little too much? It seems ridiculous that PGI would have nerfed them so bad that they never seek the CT and rarely the Side torsi. For the love of pete, people say nerf the kodiak while others say range it. ok good plan. Old nerf I know but if you fear streaks range the darn thing don't nerf the weapon so it is a piece of crap.
BTW that mad dog had 1 (one)! srm 4 and killed me with it because I naively believed I could take it down with 3 ssrm 6's and 2 er med lasers.(which I didn't fire a lot to control heat). point being, just because the weapon is strong doesn't mean that it should be nerfed until it is a useless piece of junk laying around the mech bay. I am not saying make the streaks all go ct, just saying balance out the RNG hit locations a little better.

Oh yeah I remember I think.

I was the maddog under HPG right?

Your streaks did hit twice (if it was you that is), and some didn't register either.

Edited by Scout Derek, 26 October 2016 - 02:44 PM.

#12 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:12 PM

I remember, almost a year ago, one of the very first threads I made on this forum was to suggest ways to improve SSRMS. As I was new at the time, I was accused of trolling and the issue, much like the Command Console buff we were promised and never got, goes unresolved.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users