Executioners?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:53 AM

So I've had the EXE-C(L) kicking around for a while, played around with it a little but never wanted to commit the finances to another pair of them. Now that I've won a mech bay from the loot bag event (which I actually forgot about, spent a whole afternoon puzzling over where the extra bay came from) I'm considering getting two more. Would these work?
EXE-D - MELTDOWNER

EXE-PRIME - if you're shooting back, I did it wrong

Current build for the EXE-C(L) looks a little like this, though I haven't actually tested this one out either

#2 MondoMan

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:38 AM

It's a very fun mech, low tonnage for an assault though. The best way to make up for that is to have a 1 or 2 large weapons then boat Spls or ERslas with all the energy points to get your alpha damage up. JJ's and MASC really let you tank damage with quick unexpected movements when you get good with them. I have MASC bound to left shift like a sprint button, you must make use of MASC to get everything out of this mech. Always hit masc when you land from JJ's to quickly accel, always hit it when poking, always tap it when stopping. It takes practice but eventually becomes habit... then addiction. When you hold masc to get up to 90kph then jump you can clear a canyon in canyon network; it's epic.

This build is deadly, group 6 of the small pulse lasers on the right arm in one fire group, then the 2 torso mounts and 3 right arm small pulse in another group. This way you get a nice 36damage hit on lights that you can track a little on the arm, or a 30dmg with a 24dmg followup. With cool down and range modules it gets very dangerous as you can just continuously pump people with small pulse lasers with very little heat build up, it obliterates enemies very quickly. The large pulse is for poking with the team as you advance.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...86c50fe94e254d0

This build is a little more "safe", 2 lpls in the torso and 6 smpls in the right arm. I say that because there is no way to trigger ghost heat and you have the standard 2 lpls in high mount torso's.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...92ca03f41752623

It is technically a sniper mech but in MWO it didn't pan out that way since gauss rifles and clan large lasers are so gimped, you can try it but its not very fulfilling.

#3 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:50 AM

I got an AoS in a gauss vomit one leveling them (gauss and 4-5 MLs), but this is the one I keep built and run. Use MASC to get in and out of pokes, it's nasty, but you have to manage its heat, of course. The flamers just shim the MLs to the top of the 7E fist. Sounds silly but the 4E are all on the bottom and they hit the ground surprisingly more frequently than the top mounts you can only get by filling the 7E.

Edited by TercieI, 27 October 2016 - 06:50 AM.

#4 Bassie

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:58 PM

I'd suggest that your (op) builds are not playing to the strengths of the Exe. Low mounts make it poor at longer range and don't maximise all the tonnage spent on masc and jj's.
I play it as a brawler - uac20 and 6spl and it does well. Masc makes it work really well- it affects your torso twisting and ability to get behind mechs etc.

I can see how masc would help with a poking laser coming build as well, but this is not for me - a stormcrow probably does a similar job with just over half the tonnes.

But if you make it work as a long range mech, kudos to you.

#5 John Stryker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:23 PM

I made a victor inspired design with the exe-c i won in the event a couple months back. 3 erml in the torso, lbx20 in one arm and 2 srm6 in the other. Its a little shy on ammo but if you fight like you mean it you can get some laughs out of it.

#6 Arianrhod

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 12:06 PM

Relating specifically to your Gauss/2x CERLL build, two tons of ammo is just not enough for a 95 ton mech. After that's done, with only two large lasers, you're left with very little hitting power. The all small pulse with SRMs is a better bet.

#7 ColorOfMagic

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:14 AM

I play my exe with this build:
EXE-A
And I love it. It is just fun to play when you run nearly 80 and come behind someone and nearly oneshot them

#8 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:14 AM

I've gotten around to finally playing my EXEs lately and settled on these 5 builds (and since the CT doesn't mater, they work on any chassis)
Prime - Gauss + 2x PPC + 3 tons of ammo - Every 'mech needs a Gauss + PPC build!
A - 2x UAC5 + 6x ML + 5.5 tons of ammo - Probably the most average performer, losing that RT really hurts.
B - UAC10 + 2x LPL + 4 tons of ammo - High mounts on the LPLs for poking, decent range sync. Drop the DHS if you want more ammo, or drop 1 ton of ammo if you want another DHS.
C - Gauss + 6x ML + 3 tons of ammo - I think this is my worst performing build, but I never was good at managing heat. Decent poke, if nothing else.
D - UAC20 + 6x SPL + 4 tons of ammo - My favourite build that takes advantage of the EXEs mobility. I just came out of one of my best matches (1,466 damage, 6 KBs, 5 Solo Kills, 6 KMDDs) using this build - and that's running out of ammo halfway through the match! I know, I know, "GIT GUD T3 SCRUB!" but it's good for me Posted Image I'm tempted to suggest dropping 1 or even all 3 DHS for more ammo, but you can usually get away with just 4 tons.

I really wish the EXE had at least one of the following OmniPods
Left Arm with 6 Energy
Left Torso with 2 Energy
Left Torso with 2 Ballistic

The 'mech so heavily favours the right and I'm so very bad at shielding...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users