127 replies to this topic

#101 BigBlue

• PipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 21 posts
  • LocationLoUiSiAna

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

given the continued changes in the game, I think a stock queue could be more fun and stable.

Likewise an independently calculated battle value rather than tonnage would help with balancing.

#102 Therron Keen

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:15 AM

Fully support a stock queue. +1 would play

#103 Lead Sponge

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:51 AM

Is there a EU timezone event? My adult life doesn't really permit me to play video games at midnight GMT.

#104 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:43 PM

Love playing stock mode. Love it love it love it.

#105 CancersCincar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

Just thought I'd ask, but are the stock matches Odanan (or others) and the unit he's in more casual or competitive? I was thinking about popping in tonight but I'm not really a talkative player and just wanted to join in on some stock fun, quick and easy, mostly to see what it's like.

#106 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

View PostCancersCincar, on 10 August 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

Just thought I'd ask, but are the stock matches Odanan (or others) and the unit he's in more casual or competitive? I was thinking about popping in tonight but I'm not really a talkative player and just wanted to join in on some stock fun, quick and easy, mostly to see what it's like.

Casual. But to be honest, it's been some time since last I played stock mode. I don't know when and where they are running stock events these days.

#107 CancersCincar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 02:46 PM

View PostOdanan, on 10 August 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

Casual. But to be honest, it's been some time since last I played stock mode. I don't know when and where they are running stock events these days.

Ah, I see. Well perhaps I'll see if I can't organize something myself over the next few days, then.

#108 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:31 PM

I've always maintained that pre-3028 Battletech was the best Battletech. A proper stock mode, or a 3020s mode that would restrict you to basic tech and pre-Helm IS mechs, would be the most enjoyable game mode possible for MWO.

#109 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:30 AM

It's about time pgi added a stock mode. They've only been selling stock mechs for 6 years... Posted Image

#110 Ex Atlas Overlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

So it's clans dominating every single match someone is dumb enough to bring an IS mech into?

#111 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 29 October 2017 - 07:53 AM

View PostEx Atlas Overlord, on 28 October 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

So it's clans dominating every single match someone is dumb enough to bring an IS mech into?

Stock clan mechs overheat extremely fast in MWO.

#112 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

View PostEx Atlas Overlord, on 28 October 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

That's why we balance the mechs with the Battle Value.

#113 Sir Roland MXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:11 AM

I already have a standard operating procedure of playing new mechs stock until they earn a kill, or something similar in terms of achievement, before I change even a single thing on the mech. Having said that, a stock queue would be so preferable to what we have now, I'd love to see it, but - PGI do what the BT/MW fanbase wants? I think we all know the chances of that...

#114 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:30 AM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 15 November 2017 - 01:11 AM, said:

I already have a standard operating procedure of playing new mechs stock until they earn a kill, or something similar in terms of achievement, before I change even a single thing on the mech. Having said that, a stock queue would be so preferable to what we have now, I'd love to see it, but - PGI do what the BT/MW fanbase wants? I think we all know the chances of that...

They don't want to split the player base, making the waits for matches longer. We could kind of fix that by making regular (unofficial) events.

Heck, thinking about, what if PGI made a "Stock Weekend" for testing waters? The biggest problem here I think is the matchmaking balance (they would need to change the criteria from tonnage to battlevalue).

#115 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:24 PM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 15 November 2017 - 01:11 AM, said:

but - PGI do what the BT/MW fanbase wants? I think we all know the chances of that...

If they were not giving the fans what they wanted, they would not be staying in business.

Now giving this portion of the fanbase what they want?
That is something else entirely.

#116 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 02:39 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 28 October 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

Makes me want a Stock mode pub queue Posted Image

Why the hell is this still not a thing? What possible reason could there be?

All that time they wasted on the awful CW thing, and still no fun modes at all.

#117 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 26 November 2017 - 02:39 AM, said:

Why the hell is this still not a thing? What possible reason could there be?

All that time they wasted on the awful CW thing, and still no fun modes at all.

Buckets.

I'd love an official queue for stock mode, but it probably won't ever happen because of our relatively small player base. It would also need to account for tech imbalances. When I've done C vs IS stock mode, for example, I make sure to shut quirks and efficiencies off, but provide the IS with a numerical advantage. An awful lot of IS stock mechs are bracket builds, and a lot of Clan stock mechs could almost function fine in public queue, if it wasn't for how bloody hot they tend to be or, in many cases, having a need for 6 weapon groups. AKA: too many guns to actually use.

#118 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 29 November 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

Buckets.

I'd love an official queue for stock mode, but it probably won't ever happen because of our relatively small player base. It would also need to account for tech imbalances. When I've done C vs IS stock mode, for example, I make sure to shut quirks and efficiencies off, but provide the IS with a numerical advantage. An awful lot of IS stock mechs are bracket builds, and a lot of Clan stock mechs could almost function fine in public queue, if it wasn't for how bloody hot they tend to be or, in many cases, having a need for 6 weapon groups. AKA: too many guns to actually use.

Like the Nova Prime. (a mech that is impractical even in a glacial cold planet in TT)

#119 Growlly

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:41 PM

This mode sounds cool to me as well. However, the concerns about heatsinks (SHS vs. DHS) and ammo shortages seem valid. Wouldn't a solution be to simply redefine "stock" as "stock weapons and engine"? Then you'd be able to use Endo, FF, DHS to reduce heat and add ammo as needed. Also you'd be able to add or remove armor.

I know that wouldn't be 100% stock, but I'd rather have a broader selection of viable mechs to choose from, and I think using the same weapons with the same engine would be plenty close enough. I'm not sure what would help the hot clan mechs, aside from incredible pilot restraint.

Edited by Growlly, 04 December 2017 - 01:50 PM.

#120 Growlly

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:49 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 29 November 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

Buckets.

I'd love an official queue for stock mode, but it probably won't ever happen because of our relatively small player base.

This could be addressed with a timed drop system like comp play, and what they've talked about doing for Solaris. Imagine if stock drops were every half hour on Wednesdays and Saturdays or something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users