Events lag

2 replies to this topic

#1 Alphaeus

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:10 AM

I'm running a brand new A10 with a dedicated graphics card. My download speed is >40 Mbps and for upload I'm getting >5 Mbps. Despite this, I feel like MWO gets *really* laggy, especially during events. While I don't want to assume that the problem is on the MWO server end, based on the performance of the game during events it certainly seems like the servers don't handle the gaming load quite the same during events as they do during regular game play. And this bums me out, because I really enjoy events, but not when I can't seem to play well. Also, some maps--notably, the newer ones--seem laggier than others.

Thoughts on all this? Anyone else notice these things?

#2 Flashshark

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 11:59 AM

I just had a few lags during the event! Nothing special in my experience.
Cant't really follow your problems.

But I have an advice and a suggestion:

ADVICE: PLAY ON THE SERVER OF YOUR REGION

If u life in the US, use US servers.
EU habitants use EU servers.
Between the buttons for faction play and quick play there is a small menu where you can set matchmaking.

SUGGESTION (@ DEVS):

Delete the option to chose the server! Everyone gets the server assigned by his location.
Also add EU faction servers please... I dont like beeing discriminated as a EU player.
(factions matches all take place on US servers, all EU players get bad pings there)

As I already described you in several complaints, there are players that use their bad ping to be unhittable:
They play light mechs and use their speed and the bad ping to get huge lagg effects.
The result is an almost unhittable light.
In my opinion this is more than exploiting...

#3 Flashshark

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 03:22 PM

Ah sorry,

I just realized today this "set matchmaking" doesnt work at all...
Several matches today were on N. Amerikan server, allthough I ALWAYS selected EU.

Disappointing...

STOP MIXING PLEASE! I dont want to play with or against ping 400 users.
Those laggers are just unfair and disturb the game!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users