3 replies to this topic

#1 Huron Fal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:35 PM

This thread has been moved here http://mwomercs.com/...lance-the-game/

Edited by Huron Fal, 31 October 2016 - 03:45 PM.

#2 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:45 AM

This sound quite interesting from the results.
I already see ppl asking "why the hell would two AC20s be less damage than two times AC20?"... :)

The reason why/how some system behaves as it does already makes people dislike it (e.g. why ED increase heat per damage,
and is as high for ballistics as it is for energy weapons).

I like the fact that the boating is reduced here and does not impact single weapons.
But I also like GH and even more so ED because it punishes the weapon group spam.

From what I can see, you penalize based on the 0.5s rule of chainfire (same as GH). Is this enough?
What I like more on ED than any other system, is the analogue behavior instead of binary (penalty below 0.5 and no penalty at 0.50001sec).

For energy weapons and Kinetics, this system would be quite good and mix perfectly fine with the ED basic, just reduced dmg instead of extra heat when overdrawing, as this would make "sense" for energy based weapons to deal less damage if you lack the energy. For Ballistics/Missiles this doesn't fit into the "sense" of the idea.
This is defenitely better than reduced cooldown, and probably equal to extra heat.

I just fear that the "Ghost damage" will be a lot less accepted than "Ghost heat", while it reduces the boating more.

#3 Huron Fal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:24 PM

Thank you for your feedback! Let me answer your questions 1 at a time:

1. Yes dual firing 2 ac20s would do 12% less damage than chainfiring 2 ac20s, this is a deliberate measure to reduce the power of the alpha.

2. The .5 second chainfire rule is set into place because people could macro 6 "weapon groups" and dodge the "ghost damage" which is why ghost heat has the same time limit.

3. I never tried to base this mechanic in any kind of lore sense. You could rationalize it one way or another, but frankly I was trying to reduce the effectiveness of boating, promote mixed builds, give brawlers a fighting chance, and mix up the meta.

Edited by Huron Fal, 29 October 2016 - 12:25 PM.

#4 Huron Fal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:14 AM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users