- - - - -

One Tip From An Experienced Player

19 replies to this topic

#1 -FLY

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 86 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

Hallo, my name is -FLY, and I have played MWO since it came to steam, well, with another account, that is....but the reason I wrote this post is to give new players a recent tip that I experienced from my recent quick play game, on one of the hottest map, the I don't know what it is...I forgot...but def not terra therma. Well, let's get it on our way.

I use my cicada 3m with 3 er llasers, and the game progressed just well, both side were racing each other, and finally, my team have 3 very cored mechs left and the other team has only one, and a new freshly warhawk who came from nowhere because I definetely didn't see it during the game....and finally he won...and my team lost....

now, what I want to tell you guys is that this warhawk is a cheater, because he came out just in the last moment where everyone are cored....so my tip in dealing with this kind of cheater is very easy.....just run as far as you can from this cheater so that he can't get to you in any way, so the time will be on your side.....because I didn't think of this method before so we lost....so here it is...I give it to you right now....so you guys will be saved from this low and cowardly way to win this game...

That's all from me, and GBU.

Edited by -FLY, 28 October 2016 - 06:32 PM.

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:40 PM

Lol-wut?

#3 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:51 PM

In a Cicada you'd probably be better off using terrain and cover to get out of line of sight, and work around his side to hit his legs from behind.

Running to wait out the timer might work, but I mount 4 ER ppcs on my Warhawk, so it might not work.

#4 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:13 PM

Firstly, he may have been fresh because he was disconnected and only joined the game late.
Secondly, he could have been lucky and not get shot or played smartly using cover and trading well.
Both are legit and not in any way cheating. If he was hiding most of the match, only to come out late to get kills, it's be bad play but still legal

#5 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,876 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 28 October 2016 - 09:30 PM

Don't feed the troll.

#6 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:52 PM

I like turtles!

#7 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:45 PM

Meow ?

#8 Cox Devalis

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,000 posts
  • LocationTryhard dimension

Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:11 AM

That Warhawk was me.

#9 -FLY

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:41 AM

View PostCox Devalis, on 29 October 2016 - 12:11 AM, said:

That Warhawk was me.

o, so it was you? if it's true, then may I ask you the reason why did you appeared just in the moment when the game was almost done?
a. you were disconnected and try to reconnect
b. you were intentionally coming in the last minutes of the game to take advantage....?
or...c (other reason)

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 29 October 2016 - 04:59 PM.
unconstructive

#10 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:44 AM

Because he is parapsychological gifted and did forsee you would come to this forum to entertain us with this kind of nonsense and make my day.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
1st read first lough I do so love this community...see you on the field ... cheating Posted Image

#11 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:50 AM

Some of my most memorable games in MWO involve these crashed/disconnected guys, who manage to re-enter for late game.

Just last night, I was at Forest Colony, leading 11-8. My Crab was down at 28 %, with cherry-red CT, my team mates were doing barely better. And so in comes this hex-AC/2 Mauler at 100%. That was a veritable [Redacted] moment right there. Fortunately we outnumbered him, and I managed to kill him through the rear CT.

But anyone notice how the crashed guy is ALWAYS the heaviest 'mech in your team? It's NEVER a trial Mist Lynx -- or some such 'mech which is unlikely to have a huge impact. It's like a Murphy's Law of MWO.

Edited by draiocht, 29 October 2016 - 04:58 PM.
inappropriate language

#12 -FLY

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 03:56 AM

now I have learned from what happened, the disconnect....well, me myself have this experience as well, then when I was reconnecting, the game is almost over and with my 6 med lasers with upgraded weapons, I destroyed them all....so I guess from now on, the first thing to do with my cicada is.....to look for the disconnect mechs and destroy them before they reconnected...so I won't have any regret in the future.

and yeah.....I experienced disconnects more after the last update patch....I DON'T KNOW WHY.......

#13 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:30 AM

Heres some tips from an experinced player:

A 20 ton mech is 80 tons lighter then a 100 ton mech, but a 100 ton mech is the same weight as a different 100 ton mech.

Laser weapons cannot go into missile hard points, and can only be placed in energy hard point locations.

All mechs must have an engine equipped in order to drop into battle.

#14 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:33 AM

View Post-FLY, on 28 October 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

Hallo, my name is -FLY, and I have played MWO since it came to steam, well, with another account, that is....but the reason I wrote this post is to give new players a recent tip that I experienced from my recent quick play game, on one of the hottest map, the I don't know what it is...I forgot...but def not terra therma. Well, let's get it on our way.

I use my cicada 3m with 3 er llasers, and the game progressed just well, both side were racing each other, and finally, my team have 3 very cored mechs left and the other team has only one, and a new freshly warhawk who came from nowhere because I definetely didn't see it during the game....and finally he won...and my team lost....

now, what I want to tell you guys is that this warhawk is a cheater, because he came out just in the last moment where everyone are cored....so my tip in dealing with this kind of cheater is very easy.....just run as far as you can from this cheater so that he can't get to you in any way, so the time will be on your side.....because I didn't think of this method before so we lost....so here it is...I give it to you right now....so you guys will be saved from this low and cowardly way to win this game...

That's all from me, and GBU.

-FLY did several things wrong here.

1) When you see an enemy lock that target by pressing R and look at his weapon loadout. In this case the chances are that -FLY outranged his enemy with at least some of his weapons. He could have easily kept his enemy at long range and shot him until he popped. Also, unless his ECM was destoryed, the enemy would have a much harder time finding him, although he was probably smoking by this point in the game.

2) Only playing since the steam release may make him an experienced player, but that is not the same thing as being a good player.

3) Calling an enemy player a cheater. This is a serious accusation. Do not do it unless there is no doubt in your mind. Otherwise people will say derogatory things about you.

4) Typing this post on his phone. Upper case letters are everyone's friend when they are used at the beginning of sentences, and use periods, not just ellipses.

5) Advocating running away from the last enemy. If you are in skirmish mode this is actually a violation of the game and can be reported. DO NOT DO THIS. Instead, take your lumps, engage the enemy. If you lose, you lose. Learn from the experience and move on.

Edited by mailin, 29 October 2016 - 07:02 AM.

#15 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:46 AM

View Post-FLY, on 28 October 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

a new freshly warhawk who came from nowhere because I definetely didn't see it during the game....and finally he won...and my team lost....

now, what I want to tell you guys is that this warhawk is a cheater

how do you know he was cheating?

if he was deliberately avoiding combat until the end of the game that is against the code of conduct, but do you know for a fact that he had not been sniping, or providing fire support and just got lucky, leaving the Mechs armor intact?

if you cannot prove non participation or [Redacted] it is possible (even likely) he was not cheating.

I have still been fresh at the end of a match after fighting on the front lines, working with a larger Mech, the WHK could have been working with a KDK, the Kodiak would take all the heat until it goes down leaving the Warhawk fresh in the late stages of the game.
his team could have all been faster Mechs meaning he could not keep up, end result his team is all dead but he is still fresh.

those are just a few possibilities for why the Warhawk could have been fresh which do not involve cheeting.

if this happens again rather than running away and opening yourself to accusation of non participation which is exactly what you suspect that Warhawk of, the correct response is to using the end of match or [tab] screen click on the players name, select report player, select the reason why you think he broke the code of conduct from the drop-down list (in this case non participation).
while you did not name and shame (fortunately for you because if you had you yourself would have been reported by myself and probably several others) "New Player Help" is not the place for this sort of thread, if you had made a post saying something along the lines of " do not hide until the end of the match this can get you reported" that would be relevant for new player help, this thread as it is would be more appropriate for "off topic" or possibly "general discussion"

Edited by draiocht, 29 October 2016 - 04:56 PM.
cheating reference

#16 kyfire

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:49 AM

View Postmailin, on 29 October 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

5) Advocating running away from the last enemy. If you are in skirmish mode this is actually a violation of the game and can be reported. DO NOT DO THIS. Instead, take your lumps, engage the enemy. If you lose, you lose. Learn from the experience and move on.

Actually the Code of Conduct does allow for running from the last enemy......
  • Evading detection long enough to secure a timer expiration win when you have superior numbers, in circumstances where you may be too critically damaged to otherwise risk a direct engagement with the enemy
The key word is Superior. Which if I read the OP correctly, his team had 3 live and the other team only had 2 live. Therefor -Fly's team had superior numbers.

Along the same lines the Code of Conduct states the following.......
  • Running out the clock, or needlessly extending the duration of the match, in cases where doing so will not assist you towards victory.

The key in that one is "...where doing so will not assist you towards victory" But then there is the following.....
  • Ceasing to meaningfully contribute for the remainder of the match if you still have support equipment, useful modules, or weapons (with any necessary ammo) available. Losing your primary weapon is not an acceptable excuse for hiding and/or shutting down if you still have a secondary weapon, a support-based item such as a TAG, or a consumable module available for use.

Well, that changes things. As long as you have a weapon you should fight. makes for a Catch 22, no matter how you look at it. If you still have a weapon you need to fight, but if your team has superior numbers you can hide or if you are too damaged to fight you can hide.

Bottom line is this, once the timer counts down the team with the most kills (or resources in Conquest) wins.

#17 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:03 AM

#18 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:14 AM

Never say never.

I once had a skirmish game with my disarmed spider as our last mech and 3 badly beaten up heavies chasing me.
Two of them died to friendly fire and the last one blew up from overriding.

never. say. never.

#19 Kira Onime

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 2,486 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMontréal, Québec.

Posted 29 October 2016 - 08:42 AM

View Post-FLY, on 29 October 2016 - 01:41 AM, said:

or...c (other reason

Good enough positioning that your team was never really to put any good shots on him and he was able to make it pretty good?

WOUldn't be the first nor the last time this happened.

#20 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:21 AM

As noted in above replies,
the original post has no description indicative of cheating.

However, if a player does notice a player's misconduct for report,
please use the in-game player context menu's report function
or contact moderation@mwomercs.com with any evidence available.

[mod]As discussion of cheating is not permitted on the forums and
the original post is generally unconstructive,
this thread is now closed.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users