Support Score

13 replies to this topic

#1 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:01 PM

MWO is a game with a way too strong focus on self-efficacy. You get the highest score and money by beating people to a 1 to 1 fight (components+KMDD+Solo kill + killing blow). People that focus on a more supportive role on the other hand only get very little for their efforts even though they can play a critical role to winning the game. To give some examples:
No reward for AMS, or defensive ECM, or shutting down enemies with flamers.

There are also instances where support is rewarded: TAG, NARC, target lock, flanking, countering ECM, UAV etc.

I propose the following:
  • 10(+/-) c-bills for destroying a guided rocket with AMS
  • 1000 c-bills (capped once per 2 minutes) for defending a comrade against incoming missiles
  • 1500 c-bills (capped once per 2 minutes) for protecting allies with defensive ECM while under enemy fire
  • Flamer support: Shutting down a mech with flamers, and it being killed later, gives the flamer 6000 extra c-bills
New addition of ideas Posted Image
  • Being in the domination circle gives you 20 c-bills per second (Dex Spero)
  • Cancelation of NARC through ECM yields 3000 c-bills (Dex Spero)
  • 40 c-bills for every lost armor in combat (not internal) - (Falconer Cyrus, Dex Spero)
  • Breaking enemy lance with suppresive fire (different range categories): medium = 500 c-bills, long = 300 c-bills
  • Adhering to the commands of squad/company leader: 500-1000 c-bills/ 1 minute
  • Focussed fire: You and your lance shot on the same target: 4000 c-bills.
  • Focussed kill: you and your lance killed the focussed target: 6000 c-bills.
  • Command kill: You kill the target set by your lance leader: 3000-c-bills (only one target can be active)
  • Command assist: You shot onto the target, or took damage around the target, close to when it dies: 1000 c-bills
  • NARC lock always provides 1000 c-bills for providing intel

The goal is to make support more appealing, and more rewarding for those who take up such a role.

Edited by Yumoshiri, 05 May 2017 - 01:17 AM.

#2 Deadead

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:19 PM

#3 AfterBurn914

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:52 PM

it would also promote a lot more teamwork style of play. I highly support this.

#4 Huron Fal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:04 PM

While we are at it: Give a C-Bill bonus to people who soak more damage.

For example: If I get my mech down to 20% before dying I should get rewarded for it (Team Damage does not count)

#5 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:56 PM

C-Bills for shooting down missiles with AMS would be good, though I see the reward being in the 5-10 range that 50+ due to how much money you could make just off of AMS.
Trial stalker on chainfire versus 3 AMS mech with overload: 50cbills per missile X about 11 missiles/sec getting eaten by the AMS = Roughly 33k in a minute of AMS shielding from just that one LRM mech. And the AMS can likely handle a chaining LRM 30 Mad Dog as well. So another 10 missiles a second bring that total to 63k for one minute of shielding.

Not sure how fast the 3 AMS will chew through the 3 tons of ammo, but it should be 60-90 seconds of sustained fire, which equates to 60-100k for the AMS alone.
If that is a 3 AMS nova, it will likely do several hundred damage and hopefully get a few kills as well. Which comes out to a 300k C-Bill game on a average performance as long as there are missile boats on the other team.

The average Narc based awards are around 10-30k depending on how many Narc kills happened. AMS rewards in line with that would be enough for me.

Edited by Nighthawk513, 30 October 2016 - 02:57 PM.

#6 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 12:54 PM

Nighthawk raised a good point. Doing a little more research it takes about 9 shots to take down a LRM rocket. Possibly leading to the destruction of 220 rockets with a ton of AMS ammo, and a revenue of 12000. Rather, I think a revenue of 2000-4000 would be fair on a ton of ammo. Such would be approximately 10-20 c-bills per rocket. My numbers used until this far are just estimates by intuition, actual values I would leave to the experts :)

I disagree whether taking damage should lead to a higher revenue generation, as this would favor picking heavier tonnage over light classes.

#7 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:59 AM

Some additional thoughts
  • bonus score for following orders from lance/company leader(e.g. once every minute)
  • Breaking enemy lance formation by suppressive fire
  • "To the rescue"; achievement for bringing your AMS to LRM attacked teammates.

#8 Nighthawk513

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:37 PM

To the rescue could be an achievement for getting LRM cover awards if they were implemented.

#9 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:05 AM

Additional thought:
  • Award some fine for using LRM (another widespread support role)
:-)

#10 Dex Spero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 198 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:04 PM

I love your ideas Yumoshiri. I'd like to add a few more (I still don't know if I've identified all the rewards so forgive me if these are already in the game in some form):
- c-bills for using your ECM to cancel the NARC beacon on an ally
- fire support bonus for hitting a mech from medium/long range that is currently brawling with an ally
- 10 (or maybe 20) c-bills for every second your mech is inside the green domination circle. this sounds like a lot but there's only 900 seconds in a match so really we are talking about a max out of less than 9000 c-bills but at least it acknowledges their team play
- to expand on Huron Fal's idea (i just posted this in a different thread) I'd like to see a few c-bills for every 1% damage you take... not enough to make the awesome pilots upset that they don't get it (if they come out of the match with more armor than us mortals) but enough to say "thanks for taking hits for the team".

Edited by Dex Spero, 05 November 2016 - 12:04 PM.

#11 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:57 AM

updated

#12 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:16 PM

moarrr support

#13 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:11 AM

The longer I am playing this game, the more it annoys me that a solo kill is rewarded more than teamwork is. Thus I revive this topic, where I will add new ideas.

#14 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:15 AM

up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users