4 replies to this topic

#1 Sinkarma

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:34 AM

Hello.
I have been playing mechwarrior through the launcher but recently my pc died and I decided to re-download MWO through steam now that my pc is fixed

I then saw the steam packs and they look nice but I then got a little worried.

When I log in on a steam version of MWO does it just transfer the mech pack? or do I need to link my steam account with my MWO account?
Or is it just for steam accounts and I won't be able to give it to my current account?

Also my download will only finish on 2nd november and can only log in then. If I bought it today but the deal ends 1rst November. Will I still get it when I log in on 2nd nov and join my accounts(or whatever I go through to get it working)

Plus also if I could ask on the side...
with my pc being out I wasn't online when the 'customer appreciation mechs' were handed out. I know I qualified for 1 mech. Will I still get one even though I haven't been online since start-mid october?

Edited by Sinkarma, 30 October 2016 - 04:39 AM.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:40 AM

You'll have to log in through steam to redeem them but then they're in your account regardless of launcher.

#3 Danjo San

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • Hero of Liao
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:42 AM

View PostSinkarma, on 30 October 2016 - 04:34 AM, said:

Hello.
I have been playing mechwarrior through the launcher but recently my pc died and I decided to re-download MWO through steam now that my pc is fixed

I then saw the steam packs and they look nice but I then got a little worried.

When I log in on a steam version of MWO does it just transfer the mech pack? or do I need to link my steam account with my MWO account?
Or is it just for steam accounts and I won't be able to give it to my current account?

Also my download will only finish on 2nd november and can only log in then. If I bought it today but the deal ends 1rst November. Will I still get it when I log in on 2nd nov and join my accounts(or whatever I go through to get it working)

Plus also if I could ask on the side...
with my pc being out I wasn't online when the 'customer appreciation mechs' were handed out. I know I qualified for 1 mech. Will I still get one even though I haven't been online since start-mid october?

When you log in on Steam, you still have to put in your email and Password.
Essentialy nothing changes! It's all safe.
If you buy a steam pack, it will be injected to your account. the only difference being you are purchasing through steam.
If you later on decide to revert from steam back to launcher the mechs will still be there.
It will be there on the 2nd even if you cant finish your download.
and yes the presents will be waiting for you!

#4 Sinkarma

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 04:56 AM

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
O,,,,,O
Really?!
well then I can't wait.
I'm getting the assault pack because assaults are the only mechs I have any luck in.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:39 PM

The game treats it like the preorders. This means Steam won't matter.
It will however prevent you from being able to buy a second copy of the Steam mechs unless you use another player's steam to hook it up with your account.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users