Salvage Animation Short

Video Art 3D

36 replies to this topic

#21 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

I said "wannabe" B-wing which means that the original artist might have taken some inspiration from it while designing the rapier. :U

#22 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:35 AM

View PostKilroy, on 01 November 2016 - 04:25 AM, said:

(Would like to note:
The official weapons on Alpha Assault as per the Battletech scenario FASA used to plan the introduction scene (by doing an actual match) were:
Two ER PPCs.
Two UAC/2s.
1 ton of ammunition.
17 double heatsinks.

Those are UAC/2s he is firing, not MGs. (They in fact disable the Summoner's PPC. Sadly he wasn't a match for a point blank LB-10X to the cockpit).

#23 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:10 PM

I'm going to follow this one.
You have a bright future ahead of you.

#24 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 18 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

View PostKoniving, on 18 December 2016 - 10:35 AM, said:

(Would like to note:
The official weapons on Alpha Assault as per the Battletech scenario FASA used to plan the introduction scene (by doing an actual match) were:
Two ER PPCs.
Two UAC/2s.
1 ton of ammunition.
17 double heatsinks.

Those are UAC/2s he is firing, not MGs. (They in fact disable the Summoner's PPC. Sadly he wasn't a match for a point blank LB-10X to the cockpit).

Ah, I hadn't seen that anywhere before. If I ever redo it, I'll keep that in mind.

#25 Hoffenstein

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 18 December 2016 - 08:42 PM

Kilroy, this is freaking amazing! Excellent work and keep 'em coming Posted Image !!! Proceeded to watch all the vids... Bulldog tanks, Manticores, SRM carriers, Scorpion Quads.... Soooo Haaaappy!!!!

Edited by Hoffenstein, 18 December 2016 - 09:13 PM.

#26 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 19 December 2016 - 07:32 PM

There is little chance I'll have time to really start on let alone finish another animation before I go on holiday break, so here's a small preview of something I've been messing around with.

Now aside from that old Ghost Bear's Legacy cinematic, we've never actually gotten a chance to see a jumpship "jump". I decided to go with a bit faster and more visually interesting than previous descriptions, which usually just boiled down to an instantaneous disappearing and reappearing or passing through an invisible wormhole. Now before someone jumps on me for putting a planet so close to the ship, I'm relying heavily on artistic licensing. There does need to be an object in the starfield behind the ship to give the viewer a proper idea that it is a wormhole, as just having stars was a little confusing to those I showed it to in earlier iterations. This isn't quite finished but it should give you an idea of what is to come.

Edited by Kilroy, 19 December 2016 - 11:47 PM.

#27 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:32 PM

Posted Image

Posted ImageOne last preview render before I head out for a few days. The general concept I've settled on for this animation short revolves around an orbital defense gun and a rapidly approaching dropship.

Edited by Kilroy, 21 December 2016 - 11:48 PM.

#28 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:19 AM

Yeah boi! CYCLOPS!

Give him an eye-laser!

#29 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 07 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

Yeah boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooi.

#30 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:07 PM

Behold, a gif sneak preview of the new project!

Posted Image

In all seriousness I'll be able to continue work in about a week. I'd be happy to take any suggestions into consideration until then as I am still in the early stages of making this one.

#31 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:29 PM

View PostKilroy, on 09 January 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

Behold, a gif sneak preview of the new project!

Posted Image

In all seriousness I'll be able to continue work in about a week. I'd be happy to take any suggestions into consideration until then as I am still in the early stages of making this one.

No Urbie? What heresy is this!?

#32 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:38 PM

View PostSidefire, on 09 January 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

No Urbie? What heresy is this!?

Posted Image

#33 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 12 January 2017 - 05:19 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Alright, back at it again. I made some minor changes to the scene such as reducing the transparency of the crystals. Sadly they nearly tripled the render time of each frame, so that had to be altered. Luckily I also found a way to get better lighting while actually reducing my total render time by roughly 75%. I have also finalized my picks for what mechs will and won't be in this animation and it will more or less boil down to a lance of defenders with combat vehicle support against an unsupported lance of raiders/scouts.

As always, I am looking for any vocal talents to assist me for those interested. You can contact me through the direct message system on this forum.

Dialogue script is still WIP.

As an unrelated note, after I complete this I am planning on taking a break from making Mech animations to create something either completely original or from another IP. It will depend on my mood after this is done though.

#34 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 27 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

A tiny preview for the next vid.

https://vid.me/fLp7

I have also begun migration to Vidme, rather than Youtube for a myriad of reasons.

https://vid.me/Farseer_Animation

Edited by Kilroy, 27 January 2017 - 08:10 PM.

#35 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:11 PM

Posted Image

Wasn't a huge fan of the previous HUDs I was using, so here's my attempt to recreate the MW2 IS HUD.

Now animated.

Edited by Kilroy, 06 February 2017 - 09:48 PM.

#36 FuzzyNova

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 401 posts
  • LocationComStar Cafeteria

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:54 PM

What are you using to make this? Is it a certain software? Are you using an already created game engine?
I am asking because I am very interested in making videos as well. And I enjoy these alot.

#37 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:28 PM

View PostNathaniel Johns, on 09 February 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

What are you using to make this? Is it a certain software? Are you using an already created game engine?
I am asking because I am very interested in making videos as well. And I enjoy these alot.

I'm currently using Lightwave for all modeling and animation work as well as After Effects for compositing. For editing audio and video I use Premiere. Photoshop/Gimp each come in handy for editing individual images and textures.

All of the models are my own and it is not rendered using any game engine, though that would be nice.

Audio elements are all from mechwarrior 2/3/4 and are not mine though. Music of course varies per video.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Kilroy, 09 February 2017 - 11:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users