:P Posted Image

Furries are pictured. Not ponies.

#102 Margali

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

OH NO! The giant robot nerds are getting all pissy at the magic pony nerds!

Seriously? Ever hear of, "Live and let live?" "Judge not lest you be judged?"

And Pony patches on uniforms? Their Chain of command will take care of that. But in the great scheme of things, not really a big deal.
Anyone with guts enough to wear the uniform, in time of war no less, has earned the right to enjoy any tv show they like.

There are men and women serving their country, 1/2 a world away from their homes and families, putting their lives on the line every day, while their fellow Americans can sit in front of a computer and post stupid crap on game forums. If a harmless pony cartoon can bring a smile to the faces of those heroes, I call it a good thing.

Masculinity? Have to be a pretty strong person to admit to enjoying something that flies in the face of societal norms. Have to be pretty secure in one's masculinity to shrug off the ridicule of one's peers.

In the end, people like what they like. If you don't like it, let it go, lest people begin to ask, "Just why does this upset you so much?"

"We hate in others what we dislike in ourselves."

#103 Otto Cannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

Posted Image

#104 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:10 AM

View PostIrontygr, on 18 July 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

But for real Those military patches break the "don't ask, don't tell" policy per the UCMJ Rules.

DADT was repealed as of Sept 20th, 2011. The UCMJ laws on sodomy still apply, but there's absolutely nothing that prevents one from saying "Hey, I'm gay!" while in service to the U.S. military under article 125 as a result of the change. Besides, at this point there's so much precedent on the side of consensual sodomy being unprosecutionable that it'd be near impossible to get anything to stick, even in military justice systems.

The Army has an excellent resource for understanding the changes:

http://www.myarmyone...stions_DADT.pdf

#105 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

View Postgrimzod, on 19 July 2012 - 07:35 AM, said:

Furries are pictured. Not ponies.

You whould know :P

#106 Jean Baptiste Emanuel Zorg

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

http://youtu.be/FIY41LrvMFQ

^ The only Ponies I'd like.... :P

DEAAAAATTTTTTHHHHH PONNNNYYYY!!!!! -.-

Edited by Melkor, 19 July 2012 - 09:29 AM.

#107 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 419 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:32 AM

View PostMelkor, on 19 July 2012 - 09:27 AM, said:

http://youtu.be/FIY41LrvMFQ

^ The only Ponies I'd like.... :P

DEAAAAATTTTTTHHHHH PONNNNYYYY!!!!! -.-

LOL Try this one!

http://youtu.be/356V2BmfWxs

#108 Sheogorath

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

I love the fact that what rational statements have been made to explain the anti brony sentament have just been outright ignored and that anyone who is in any way opposed to it is just automatically taken as a bigot and even a homophobe(which is totally and completely not the issue). I am not a fan of the whole my little pony thing, but my main issue with it stems from the fans being so evangelical in forcing their thing on others. Being put off for having a particular thing forced down ones throat on nearly every single forum does not make a person nothing more than a knuckle dragging hate machine like it is being implied. Maybe if this brony thing could maybe be confined to the entire thread you have made just for this sort of thing, resentment wouldn't be so great. Apart from that, feel free to paint your mechs in rainbow colours since it will only mark you as a target for the other team.

#109 phinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostmiSs, on 19 July 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Much love to the moderators for attempting to appease both sides.

#110 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 419 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postphinja, on 19 July 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

Much love to the moderators for attempting to appease both sides.

Let's all pander to obvious 'bronie' forum trolls that will not play your game that you have worked so hard to bring to us. Yeah lets do that. :P

#111 Brenden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,603 posts
  • LocationIS News Flash Breaking [:::]___[:::] News: at morning /(__)\ a patrol unit has (:)=\_ ¤_/=(:) seen the never /)(\ before witnessed [] . . [] strange designed /¥\ . /¥\ 'Mech

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

I leave for a few hours to sleep, eat and go outside and look what happens? A represenative had to come by. God damnit Iron, what did you do?
Also, I agree with everything that guy upthere said. Bronies, you can't escape them anymore. Was playing wow for twenty minutes to check on my auctions and found a guild of RPing druids pretending to be ponies. They can't even turn into horses.

#112 Damion Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

"TL;DR: Ponies aren’t real: you may post about them being destroyed. People on these forums are real: you may not post personal attacks, regardless of whether or not they like the characters."

... Really? This is what it's come to?

*Hangs head in shame*

#113 Astarot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, Troy, hiding from the Romans

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

This thread....is like a stagnate water. It was funny to read it first, but it soon started to look like the same thing nothing new has actually formed in the thread, it all about some guy that dis like ponies, then furries got brought into play, then anti-haters got into play, it actually really all plays out to be the same, on big drama fest that really isn't worth ****, cause after you make your post, you will go on with your life, and most likely never think back to the thread till you see it pop back up in hot topic.

#114 Mattrixx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 108 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

The Ponies do not seem to be wandering off the topics no more from what I have seen, after the opening of the MLP appreciation thread. It is people who keep reminding others that, "Hey look, they are still here!" That seem to be creating the new and added threads on the subject.

But I am glad to see the moderators having taken side.

On their note I agree that we should all just wait for the mechs and once we get them (eventually) proceed on stomping one another as energetically as possible. And if you see any pony mechs around, why, you are free to shoot it, and if it happens to be on your own side then take the penalties for it. Although I would advice against self immolating teams just because someone is going about in a pink or rainbow colored mech.
There appears to be a few house/clan color schemes that incorporate rather colorful schemes on them so shooting a brightly colored mech right off the bat on your own side might not be a good idea as such. And might lead to getting your own backside banned from the game from excessive team killing for nothing.

#115 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

View PostBrenden, on 19 July 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

I leave for a few hours to sleep, eat and go outside and look what happens? A represenative had to come by. God damnit Iron, what did you do?
Also, I agree with everything that guy upthere said. Bronies, you can't escape them anymore. Was playing wow for twenty minutes to check on my auctions and found a guild of RPing druids pretending to be ponies. They can't even turn into horses.

You do realize that part of the reason that happens is an incredibly logical and effective cycle?

Trolls know that ponies are a great hot button. Even (often especially) if they hate ponies, they use the genre to troll everyone in range in whatever forum/game they happen to be in. Quite simply, they get more fun from trolling you than they do from doing what everyone else is there to do. That's how trolls work.

People get ticked off about "those stupid bronies always stuffing their junk into everyplace and everything". Troll not only gets his trolling done, but he gets to do it by proxy as the trolled then proceeds to take it out on the bronies who were guilty by association alone. The brony, who didn't end up actually stuffing it down your throats, gets ripped on and develops a persecution complex about the whole thing and often end up being nasty right back, leading to a happy cycle of mutual hatred and disgust for the troll to watch. Must See Trollavision.

That being said, if you're going to do the whole "Death to Ponies", you've got to at least step up the creativity level and make sure it actually has to do with turning those little pastel-colored equines into animal byproducts. Let's give y'all an excellent example of how it's done.

Posted Image

And here we are with our giant cauldron of "OMG BRONIES TEH SUX BURN ALL THE INTERNETS PURGE KILL CRUSH LOL". Which is good and fun, but for gawd's sake, do it right. Kill some ponies, not the same Alex pics of generic furry stomping we see over and over and over again.

Edited by wanderer, 19 July 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#116 SNobleJr

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:28 AM

View PostSheogorath, on 19 July 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

I love the fact that what rational statements have been made to explain the anti brony sentament have just been outright ignored and that anyone who is in any way opposed to it is just automatically taken as a bigot and even a homophobe(which is totally and completely not the issue). I am not a fan of the whole my little pony thing, but my main issue with it stems from the fans being so evangelical in forcing their thing on others. Being put off for having a particular thing forced down ones throat on nearly every single forum does not make a person nothing more than a knuckle dragging hate machine like it is being implied. Maybe if this brony thing could maybe be confined to the entire thread you have made just for this sort of thing, resentment wouldn't be so great. Apart from that, feel free to paint your mechs in rainbow colours since it will only mark you as a target for the other team.

Let me dig up some quotes from this very thread...

View PostIrontygr, on 18 July 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

[Note: This was in response to bronies in the military.]

SEEE!? Sacrilege! The deal Mr. Biskit is these transgender males do several things that enrages me.

A: First and foremost, They think they 'pwn'. (truth: They do not)
B: They bring an Un-welcomed Gender-bending transgender element to a game that is far from it.
C: "Bronies" have infiltrated our armed forces to the point were they have patches on?! :P
D: The whole thing Inspires me to turn them into grease spots on sight.

View PostIrontygr, on 18 July 2012 - 11:13 PM, said:

You bring a good point to the table. Do you honestly think they will actually play this game?

Answer: Nope! It's Far to masculine for them.

So there you have it. While these comments are not examples of homophobia specifically, I'm sure you agree they are hateful and narrow-minded enough to qualify as bigotry. Also, I'm not claiming -and as far as I've seen, most bronies in general don't do so either- that everyone who dislikes MLP is automatically bigoted. But such hatred does pop up with alarming regularity whenever MLP is mentioned somewhere.

Also, we have been keeping to our one thread in Jettisoned Communications (not counting the merc corp threads in Recruiting, but those serve a different purpose, obviously, and are not for general pony talk). It's the haters who keep barging in and flaming us.

View PostJacough, on 19 July 2012 - 09:51 AM, said:

Sorry bro, not even remotely close. People hate bronies because they literally drag their god awful obsession with MLP into everything they play. Last time I played Ace of Spades I was on a goon server where 6 people had joined with names from MLP. They never bothered playing and instead spent the entire time RPing the damn show. 6 server slots which could have been used for players who'd actually be interested in playing the game wasted.
Oh and even worse things have happened in TF2. I remember once while playing there were several bronies who entered the server and started spraying pony **** pretty much all over the map. Needless to say it was disgusting as hell and something I really didn't want to see.
Hell, you can't even escape them in real life. I remember once I got stuck in line at my college buying books because some neckbeard was rambling on to the cashier about some stupid pony costume he had made while trying to explain to her what MLP was.
In the end they're no different from furries. They drag pony crap into everything they do and if people call them out for it: "abloobloobloo everyone picks on me just because I like this show!!"

Congratulations, you're doing a great job judging a whole fandom of tens of thousands of people by an obnoxious minority. I assume you wouldn't mind, then, if I looked at the 3025 purist grognards and declared that all BattleTech fans must be arrogant neckbeards who are stuck in the past and can't stand anyone who doesn't conform to their preferences? </sarcasm>

Not to mention that, as it has been pointed out, some or all of these could quite possibly have been trolls simply using MLP to rile people up, not actual fans.

As a final note, does anyone else think it's rather telling that the pony hating thread devolved into insult-flinging and hateful stereotyping within just a few pages, while the actual pony thread is almost 300 pages of near-constant art and fun?

Edited by SNobleJr, 19 July 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#117 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Ooh, ooh! I found another good one in just a few minutes. Here ya go.

Posted Image

#118 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 419 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:33 AM

I have reduced all my words too... Problem? :P

http://youtu.be/vrSB-yv9kmY

#119 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

Wait, somewhere i can post my mortifying anti pony pics?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#120 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 419 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

YES! WE have to Rally up! DEATH TO BRONIES!!!

30 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users