63 replies to this topic

#61 SWANN

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:58 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 04 November 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

you clearly did not understand what I said. Having reasons to promote mechcon, doesn't make it an obligation. When you do something for a job its under obligation.

you also did not understand the context of what I was quoting neither the person i was quoting claimed that PGI failed to get people hyped about mechcon. Russ gave the relevant information about mechon and promoting MWO ties with it. They are under no obligation to promote mechon or hype it up.

People are going to be watching the mechon stream and attending as usual even if their was no information that suggested an announcement. Once again them failing to get people hype about mechcon is of little concern. Other than a here is a reason why you should attend.

Next time try to understand what I am saying before you try to assert there are flaws in my reasoning, or "stupid logic" whatever that means. by the way, there is no stupid logic, there is no mine or your logic. There is only Logic

That's a silly distinction to make. It's in their best interest to promote the convention, which is why they are doing exactly that. Like I pointed out in my example, a musician's job isn't necessarily to promote the show he's putting on, but it's certainly in his best interest to do so. You made a stupid comment and are handling having been called on it poorly, I understand, it's not personal. I forgive you.

Edited by SWANN, 05 November 2016 - 06:05 AM.

#62 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:04 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 04 November 2016 - 11:24 AM, said:

Well then... prepare the torches!

Torches? I was going more for this:

#63 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:21 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 04 November 2016 - 10:29 PM, said:

you clearly did not understand what I said. Having reasons to promote mechcon, doesn't make it an obligation. When you do something for a job its under obligation.

WTF are you talking about?

"Mech_Con is a special one-day event dedicated to the celebration of BattleTech and MechWarrior. Hosted by Piranha Games and featuring Harebrained Schemes, Catalyst Game Labs, and MechWarriors from around the world, join us for the ultimate MechWarrior event and get a front-row seat for the Grand Finals of the MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament!"

It surely sounds like it is their job to promote the event!

Edited by Mystere, 05 November 2016 - 06:21 AM.

#64 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostSWANN, on 05 November 2016 - 05:58 AM, said:

best interest to do so.

that's pretty much what I was saying. They have good reasons to do so, but to call it an obligation , that i don't agree.

View PostSWANN, on 05 November 2016 - 05:58 AM, said:

That's a silly distinction to make.

my good sire, that is not at all a silly distinction. It is important to be able to recognize the subtle changes in the language to understand meanings. They can mean a world of difference at times.

if mystere could learn that he would not have posted an irrelevant post, as I never denied that they were hosting it.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 05 November 2016 - 01:27 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users